73 members have voted

1. 1. Colorado is worst ship

• agree
    • disagree

30 comments in this topic

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Probably Albany.

One way that people have described it is that the Colorado, like Nagato, is a rifle compared to the shotgun that was New Mexico/Fusou. Stock Colorado is terrible, and fully upgraded Colorado needs its HP looked at, sure. But its not a terrible ship overall, once you get the hang of aiming with the 41cm sledgehammers. Those things are capable of one-shotting even other battleships.

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Albany is fairly good despite being a premium vessel.

Her only downside is the range which doesn't matter too much on low tier.

The Chester is a great support and long range combat vessel when fully upgraded.

Can't say anything about the Colorado aside from it's a high tier vehicle... if you expected higher tiers to be balanced by now,

then I'm afraid to tell you that they won't be balanced for quite the long time...

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

Albany is fairly good despite being a premium vessel.

Her only downside is the range which doesn't matter too much on low tier.

Once the Albany gets Advanced Firing Training skill, it becomes a rather nice premium ship.

Ofcourse that's the main problem, cuz tier4 skills take quite a bit of time to get, and I don't feel like seal clubbing in this game, not in a Cruiser.

I'd say stock BB are worst ships.

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Once the Albany gets Advanced Firing Training skill, it becomes a rather nice premium ship.

Ofcourse that's the main problem, cuz tier4 skills take quite a bit of time to get, and I don't feel like seal clubbing in this game, not in a Cruiser.

I dunno, for a tier II it works well enough, plus it doesn't see the ocean map, so there's always ways to get close to the enemy.

And as soon as you get close you negate the only major issue with the ship.

Beta Tester
99 posts
345 battles

I have to call Kawachi as worse....

.....and/or Albany.

Kawachi is fun as all hell.

The only problem is the accuracy, but that can be helped with good play.

[RANZN]
32 posts
2,128 battles

Kawachi is by far at this level of play out ranged by all ships. It is highly detectable at 9.5km and has very short range 8.9km upgradable to 9.8km. If you have used one you would know it's not a picnic being out ranged by all other battleships and in range of all others. Try one you will be so glad to go back to a Colorado.

496 posts
4,170 battles

Hashidate

it's tier 1 ;_; you just need 1 game to  get away from it

Kawachi is by far at this level of play out ranged by all ships. It is highly detectable at 9.5km and has very short range 8.9km upgradable to 9.8km. If you have used one you would know it's not a picnic being out ranged by all other battleships and in range of all others. Try one you will be so glad to go back to a Colorado.

i find that Albany is worser than kawachi i meant even the range isnt a big thing in lower tier , you are just so slow to avoid enemy torpedo from DD plus your are out ranged by every single _______ ships even tier 1 XD i just can't find anything else worser

Kawachi is fun as all hell.

The only problem is the accuracy, but that can be helped with good play.

Kawachi have side main guns that i what i like about it :)

That is it.

You can not disagree with it.

Colorado needs balance patch

i disagree i faced Colorado before they are formidable ships 

679 posts
3,507 battles

Stock New York, T 5

AA 0 vs 2 t5-6 CVs

Gunrange, same as a 12 year old boys

Accuracy, laughable

Seep 18 knots, OMG

To quote Conrad - "The horror, the horror!"

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

Stock New York, T 5

AA 0 vs 2 t5-6 CVs

Gunrange, same as a 12 year old boys

Accuracy, laughable

Seep 18 knots, OMG

To quote Conrad - "The horror, the horror!"

Everything I despise about WG's design philosophy: make the next 'reward' for grinding a barely playable PoS in the hope we'll goad people into spending money.

Really, WG? You can't find a way to make each new ship feel like a reward unto itself and find other ways to ENCOURAGE people to spend money, rather than feel they need to pay to escape a miserable game play experience? Shame on the lot of you.

Beta Tester
753 posts
657 battles

Everything I despise about WG's design philosophy: make the next 'reward' for grinding a barely playable PoS in the hope we'll goad people into spending money.

Really, WG? You can't find a way to make each new ship feel like a reward unto itself and find other ways to ENCOURAGE people to spend money, rather than feel they need to pay to escape a miserable game play experience? Shame on the lot of you.

Encourage? what is that word?

51 posts
2,124 battles

i think all ships at stock are the worst specially when they have the new car smell but they get better with age (ok upgrades):trollface:

415 posts
10,918 battles

I don't know about the "worst" ship but I can say that the for me the most disappointing ship is the Pensacola ... after the huge grind from Cleveland I expected something at least a little better ... Instead I get a pile of crap that makes me want to quit the game.

82 posts
508 battles

I have to call Kawachi as worse....

.....and/or Albany.

Kawachi stock is windows vista kind of worse but as one poster said here on this thread, it is fun to play. I've played a couple of PvE first to upgrade the GFCS and engine before playing PvP. I've had my good battles with Kawachi.

420 posts
20 battles

Instead saying it is a worst ship, i would say it is at the wrong tier.

Basicly it is a New Mexico with beefed up gun. Although i do think the projectile flying time is need to be reduced. The gun itself is more powerful than New Mexico when hit. While New Mexico 14 inch gun is having hard time to puncture Nagato citadel, or even angled Aoba at 5km , 16 inch can do the job. It seems that even WG having hard time to select the right ship for the right tier.

That i said the gun is an improvement in the term of power, reload rate, accuracy, projectile air time, speed, and HP amount making this ship is not equally powerful for ships at that tier. Plus the repair cost that put more weight over the already present problems.

If anything that would help is at least i don't want to fight above tier 8 with this ship, as Kawachi against tier 6 team. The horror that a 50k HP ship pitted against 97k monster. It need some accuracy buff, and shorter projectile air time (which also presents Myogi problem).

Meanwhile i decided to stick with this ship until i have enough exp to unlock north carolina. I used an upgrade that reduce RoF for faster turret turn, Main gun turret modification 1 for sturdier main gun.... I lost a duel or at least a big loss against Izumo (i didn't have confidence to win over it anyway haha) because she knocked one of my forward turret at the best situation to inflict citadel hit. The main gun power is real, like i one shot full HP atago, or inflicting 48k dmg to Iowa back there. just horrible accuracy.

The impression while driving this ship is the same as New Mexico, but with a bit slower rudder. It can make a sharp turn although it is a BB. Its armor is also thicker than tier 8-10 USN BB. I love USN standards BB, but still being left behind by team is not a laughable matter.

Edited by Zwelivelle