Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Fragkat

Fighters are to be honest, broken

28 comments in this topic

112 posts
1,613 battles

9 games as Hiryu an 1 kill.... All you face now is 6-8 fighters who instantly obliterate everything... Gotta say at this point the longer you play the more you find game mechanics that a 5 year old has done. No balance, no diversity, jsut spam an farm kills.

Facts are its broken an everyone knows its broken. I understand some on this forum  see it as the second coming of some BS. But you really need to open your eyes because this is not quality gaming.Its a shame because I was enjoying it in early levels, as a fun little time waster entertainment. Now... it's really getting boring.

195 posts
356 battles

Just stick your bombers over friendly cruisers (Cheatland :P) and they will shoot them down for you (Mostly/Most of them), or just use only fighters.

Beta Tester
506 posts
1,386 battles

9 games as Hiryu an 1 kill.... All you face now is 6-8 fighters who instantly obliterate everything... Gotta say at this point the longer you play the more you find game mechanics that a 5 year old has done. No balance, no diversity, jsut spam an farm kills.

Facts are its broken an everyone knows its broken. I understand some on this forum  see it as the second coming of some BS. But you really need to open your eyes because this is not quality gaming.Its a shame because I was enjoying it in early levels, as a fun little time waster entertainment. Now... it's really getting boring.

LoL that's funny seeing as my Independence fighter squadron couldn't fight off T7 carriers at all. Like they were shot down like flies.

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

Fragkat looking at your stats, in Ryujo you average 17 plane kills per battle and your Hiryu only has 6 battles in total which tells me it is completely stock. 

Whats the problem here exactly other than the well known problem that wg has added frustration grinding into the game when you buy new ships? 

112 posts
1,613 battles

Fragkat looking at your stats, in Ryujo you average 17 plane kills per battle and your Hiryu only has 6 battles in total which tells me it is completely stock. 

Whats the problem here exactly other than the well known problem that wg has added frustration grinding into the game when you buy new ships? 

i agree mate. I am over it... lol switched to BB like everyone els. an jsut farm CV's :p

Alpha Tester
878 posts
151 battles

Look at my carrier stats. I don't use fighter load outs but still get allot of xp and dmg. How? It's called avoiding the fighters. If you want to shoot planes use USN. IJN fighters are used to bait and distract or defend from bombers not fighters.

Edited by Black_Pantheras

Alpha Tester
1,063 posts
509 battles

Fighters are going to be rebalanced next patch. The disparity between Fighter tiers should be lowered.

The patch should roll out sometime during this month, look forward to it.

Where did you get all that info from? 

Super Tester
2,314 posts
7,094 battles

Speaking of fighters, my IJN CVs loath when there's a USN CV on the other side regardless of tier. Strangely speaking, Langley's fighters can tear my Zuiho and RJ's fighters!!!

Once it was so bad that in 3 waves, RJ's balanced CAG was reduced to 3+1 bomber thanks to Le Bogus and Ol'Langley!

All I can do is to telegraph the families of the brave pilots of their demise TT__TT

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

I'm in the first IJN carrier the tier 4, my fighters are fully upgrade with extra skills etc, and they can't beat ANYTHING, except other IJN carrier fighters of the same tier that AERN'T upgraded. So every battle, it's an automatic defeat.

Because I only get MM with an enemy carrier of USA, and and a second enemy carrier that is one tier higher.

Beta Tester
60 posts
7,246 battles

haven't played much CV in OBT and didn't find it to hot in CBT, however i think the main thing that needs to be implemented is a function that states what carrier the planes come from, i think it would balance out some dogfights and might allow for Carrier captains to control their squads more effectively as they know exactly which carrier the planes come from.

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

I mean, Does all these people want to Kill USN CV?

Why USN CV shouldn't have an advantage on Fighters when their Bombers are next to useless until the Lexington?

You have loads of Torpedo and Dive Bombers and earn Better XP than a USN CV in a equally skilled player?

IJN Fighters are NOT used to fight Fighters but for Bombers. If you want to fight Figters, Find a Cruiser and fight with the AA support.

If you had the skill Air superiority, you literally will kick any USN Fighter's A___. Not enough?

I am so sick people crying of how IJN CV is UP - If anyone needs to complain USN CV are the one to complain first.

Even more Funny is the OP is using the Hiryu - The relatively Best in it's line. Ranger is Completely outclassed by you - How can you still complain?

Edited by Alvin1020

112 posts
1,613 battles

I mean, Does all these people want to Kill USN CV?

Why USN CV shouldn't have an advantage on Fighters when their Bombers are next to useless until the Lexington?

You have loads of Torpedo and Dive Bombers and earn Better XP than a USN CV in a equally skilled player?

IJN Fighters are NOT used to fight Fighters but for Bombers. If you want to fight Figters, Find a Cruiser and fight with the AA support.

If you had the skill Air superiority, you literally will kick any USN Fighter's A___. Not enough?

I am so sick people crying of how IJN CV is UP - If anyone needs to complain USN CV are the one to complain first.

Even more Funny is the OP is using the Hiryu - The relatively Best in it's line. Ranger is Completely outclassed by you - How can you still complain?

How ? LOL!! try an launch your bombers, an inside of 20 seconds 30 planes are dead....100% of time, there is no surviving it. I dont need or want the game to be centered aroudn me, but I DO expect a fair chance to actually play.

if you dont like that, well,  as polite as Ic an possibly be.... I dont care.

Beta Tester
35 posts
1,224 battles

I found Hiryu exceptionally strong.  It's the first IJN CV that has the 2-2-2, and the shokaku ft has only 6 dps more plus some hp.  Hiryu ft will tend to beat out everything on the same tier, and obliterate everything below.  Just like the taiho does.

If you have problems with enemy FT for whatever reason, you should have been luring them away out of position with dive bombers, or travelling with your team and shotgunning people from closer range.  Or you can wall creep around.  The enemy cannot have fighters everywhere, and if you are against USN CV just remember you have more squadrons than him.

I would not be complaining about CV's as they are op as hell even when supressed.  The only reason you will perform 'badly' in a hiryu (which is statistically basically the same as a normal game for any other ship class) is due to bad matchmaking putting you up against more or higher tier CVs.

*Instead, maybe check that you have the right modules and commander skills.  Those relating to survivability and fighter efficiency.

Edited by elodea

7 posts
664 battles

you should get your bombers to avoid the fighters, i played in a match before with this other CV he had no fighters and all my fighters were gone and yet we still won because we avoided the fighters and bombed and torp other ships while avoiding the fighters

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

How ? LOL!! try an launch your bombers, an inside of 20 seconds 30 planes are dead....100% of time, there is no surviving it. I dont need or want the game to be centered aroudn me, but I DO expect a fair chance to actually play.

if you dont like that, well,  as polite as Ic an possibly be.... I dont care.

Very Convincing indeed from you.

- "Inside 20 seconds 30 planes is dead"

Can you show a Replay to me that how can you lose 30 planes in 20 seconds? Or May be it is your OWN problem?

- "I don't need or want the game to be centered aroudn me"

*Around

Well you clearly is right now unfortunately. IJN CV have to dominate and All USN CV should get Destroyed and Remove from the game.

- "Fair Chance to play"

USN CV Bombers Demanding a "Fair Chance" please.

- "if you dont like that, well,  as polite as Ic an possibly be.... I dont care."

Then Why keep Crying here? Quit the game?

Sometimes mate, it's better not to show your personal anger in a Public Forum. It does not help to solve your anger and neither it show how "Logical" you are.

All I see from many of your posts is what we called - Whining and Raging.

And for that I can only say:

How Terrible.

qfmaAvY.jpg

Hope you know what I mean.

Edited by Alvin1020

112 posts
1,613 battles

Very Convincing indeed from you.

- "Inside 20 seconds 30 planes is dead"

Can you show a Replay to me that how can you lose 30 planes in 20 seconds? Or May be it is your OWN problem?

- "I don't need or want the game to be centered aroudn me"

*Around

Well you clearly is right now unfortunately. IJN CV have to dominate and All USN CV should get Destroyed and Remove from the game.

- "Fair Chance to play"

USN CV Bombers Demanding a "Fair Chance" please.

- "if you dont like that, well,  as polite as Ic an possibly be.... I dont care."

Then Why keep Crying here? Quit the game?

Sometimes mate, it's better not to show your personal anger in a Public Forum. It does not help to solve your anger and neither it show how "Logical" you are.

All I see from many of your posts is what we called - Whining and Raging.

And for that I can only say:

How Terrible.

qfmaAvY.jpg

Hope you know what I mean.

I think youll find son, that 4chat is somewhere els. Please go back there.

we wont talk again.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Lock the thread, the OP doesn't want to talk anymore :trollface:

IJN bomber are slightly different in speed with USN fighter

While your fighter are much faster than enemy USN fighter (up to tier 9)

And having more striking force means, being a IJN CV alone in a battle is more advantaging than when USN CV alone (since basically USN will have nothing to shot down at the sky)

Edited by Harpoon01

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

we wont talk again.

*Talk*

Also, "Son"? I think thats more appropriate for you.

But Harpoon is right, if OP don't want to see the depressing facts, Lock the Thread.

[151ST]
In-Training Moderator
95 posts
4,643 battles

we wont talk again.

*Talk*

Also, "Son"? I think thats more appropriate for you.

But Harpoon is right, if OP don't want to see the depressing facts, Lock the Thread.

Really gents? Keep it civil thanks.

Sign in to follow this