Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
R3negade

Scout plane landed on the sea.

4 comments in this topic

Super Tester
1,397 posts
13,360 battles

Issue:   Scout plane did the landing animation but parked on the sea. Disappeared itself after a while.

PKZJJFy.png

fs58qzX.png

Occurrences:  Randomly
Tested: Cannot force error, but it does re-occur.
Severity: Low impact, visual error.

Super Tester
1,177 posts
4,099 battles

That's what floatplanes do. They take off via catapult, and they land on water next to the ship, before being hoisted up by a crane. Otherwise, there is no way for a floatplane to return to the ship; the ship doesn't have a lengthy runway to allow for the plane to land and run down until it stops, hence why the planes do this on the water instead. Floatplanes aren't helicopters or VTOL jets, they need a stretch of distance in order to land.

In your screenshot, what you're seeing is an enemy floatplane returning to its cruiser, and that cruiser isn't close enough for you to spot. It is often the case that planes are easily detectable from long ranges, and I'm assuming that in your case, you were close enough to the plane to see it, but you weren't close enough to the cruiser to detect it, based on the cruiser's detectability range. Planes have longer detectability ranges than ships.

EDIT: I'm wrong, see post below.

Edited by benlisquare

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,562 posts

nice excuse Ben, but doubtful in this case. That plane is around 2-3 kms away. Have a look at the other ship, its distance and were the plane is on the minimap. Could be the plane from the BB near him! or it could just be a glitch.

Super Tester
1,177 posts
4,099 battles

nice excuse Ben, but doubtful in this case. That plane is around 2-3 kms away. Have a look at the other ship, its distance and were the plane is on the minimap. Could be the plane from the BB near him! or it could just be a glitch.

Oh, didn't think of looking at the minimap, just noticed the actual relative distances. I guess I underestimated how close the plane was.

Well, in that case it's likely to be a glitch.

Sign in to follow this