You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
RG_Kid

I wish MM could take into account players who fail div

16 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
506 posts
1,386 battles

This is probably the second most blatant fail div i've ever seen. (The first one was fighting Hashidate on my Yubari)

f3jamT2.jpg

Beta Tester
506 posts
1,386 battles

They all charged recklessly into enemy territory, and died so quick not 10 minutes into the match. Arrgghhh. :angry:

We lost the match resoundingly, and just when i had my sight on retreating enemy Kongo.

Edited by RG_Kid

Super Tester
1,177 posts
4,099 battles

I doubt special matchmaking for troll divisioning will ever be implemented, as this could be easily exploited for personal gain.

Here's an example: A tier 5 battleship sees tier 5, 6 and 7 games. That means that they can come across enemies ranging from tier 3 to tier 7. Imagine if a player has a tier 5 battleship, however he doesn't want to end up in tier 7 battles, and only wants to fight easy tier 5 battles. He could get a friend to tag along, division with him, and use him as a scapegoat so that he gets easier games as a tier 5. If the matchmaker took into account troll divisioning, the tier 5 player would only get tier 5 battles if he platooned with a tier 3 battleship. This would be unfair to other players.

This is precisely why the matchmaker only takes into account the highest tier ship within a division: to prevent exploitation of the division system for the purpose of being put in easier matches.

Edited by benlisquare

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

I doubt special matchmaking for troll divisioning will ever be implemented, as this could be easily exploited for personal gain.

Here's an example: A tier 5 battleship sees tier 5, 6 and 7 games. That means that they can come across enemies ranging from tier 3 to tier 7. Imagine if a player has a tier 5 battleship, however he doesn't want to end up in tier 7 battles, and only wants to fight easy tier 5 battles. He could get a friend to tag along, division with him, and use him as a scapegoat so that he gets easier games as a tier 5. If the matchmaker took into account troll divisioning, the tier 5 player would only get tier 5 battles if he platooned with a tier 3 battleship. This would be unfair to other players.

This is precisely why the matchmaker only takes into account the highest tier ship within a division: to prevent exploitation of the division system for the purpose of being put in easier matches.

How about this I just met 1 intentionalsy divisions with 1 hashidate, 1 chikuma and 1 watatake so is this considence? Or just another faiI MM.

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

How about this I just met 1 intentionalsy divisions with 1 hashidate, 1 chikuma and 1 watatake so is this considence? Or just another faiI MM.

That's MM working to prevent that Wakatake from always being top tier a battle, which is benlisquare's point. MM takes into consideration the highest tier ship in order to stop players from gaming the system to always be top tier in a battle. The consequence is that lower tier players are punished by being dragged up to a higher tier where they are less likely to be able to contribute, which is fine and all, except their team tends to get punished along with them by having one or two lower tier ships on their side.

MM tries to balance this out by ensuring that both teams end up with an equal combined tier, but the inferiority of 1-2 ships on one team can be crippling. Still, WG judges this to be a preferable state of affairs than players "gaming the system" to constantly be on top tier to dominate, while still letting divisions have the flexibility of different players playing their different ships.

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

That's MM working to prevent that Wakatake from always being top tier a battle, which is benlisquare's point. MM takes into consideration the highest tier ship in order to stop players from gaming the system to always be top tier in a battle. The consequence is that lower tier players are punished by being dragged up to a higher tier where they are less likely to be able to contribute, which is fine and all, except their team tends to get punished along with them by having one or two lower tier ships on their side.

MM tries to balance this out by ensuring that both teams end up with an equal combined tier, but the inferiority of 1-2 ships on one team can be crippling. Still, WG judges this to be a preferable state of affairs than players "gaming the system" to constantly be on top tier to dominate, while still letting divisions have the flexibility of different players playing their different ships.

That sux.

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

Still, WG judges this to be a preferable state of affairs than players "gaming the system" to constantly be on top tier to dominate, while still letting divisions have the flexibility of different players playing their different ships.

Yes, but what I find obnoxious is that WG clearly thinks 2-3 peoples' fun trumps the other 9-10 on their team.

Also, while "gaming the system to get top tier too often" is considered unfair, WG does next to nothing to stop you getting BOTTOM tier as high as 80% of the time (fun fact: my Panther II in WoT had 14% of its battles as top tier and 52% as bottom before I quit; try playing half your battles in a Panther II v tier 10s and see how much 'fun' that is).

I was keeping some records here for a while but gave up because I know it's pointless; WG couldn't care less about this issue. It's been present in WoT forever, and the same thing is happening in WoWS. It was one of the remaining issues of MM that was in my MM principles thread that was so helpfully 'archived' so nobody can read it.

Just on that, I've had a few mods claim they were looking for 2 of my threads in the 'archive'; what's happening with that? The MM one was one of them. 

Beta Tester
823 posts
4,954 battles

I wish we had leagues and stuff.  Plat, Gold, Silver, Bronze.  You would only ever be matched up or down one.  Bronze/Bronze, Silver.    Silver/Silver, Gold, Bronze.    Gold/Gold, Silver, Plat.    Plat/Plat, Gold.

Beta Tester
43 posts
156 battles

There is no penalty for this action for those whom might Use a Tier IV and another person will use a III and II, These somewhat "Trolls" Don't get punished because the fact everyone does it... and no doubt they will learn the hard way when they find none of their shells pen the armor of other Enemy ships, Could you imagine a game with no players at all because everyone did this once and got punished? :< it would be quite sad.... take it into WoT for example... i believe they don't take reports for people doing so with these types of Division trolls... but if they get within a certain amount they might take a look into it and etc etc

Super Tester
2,314 posts
7,090 battles

Fail plats deserve to be punished severely....

I accidentally went to a tier 6 match with my tier 2 US DD since my division mate forgot to check the ship I was an I I readied the wrong ship. Strangely, I came out top sinking Zuiho and Omaha while burning tier 6 BBs

That is of course one rare instance where fail plat wins the day for the team

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

Same issue exists in WoT - unfortunately WG through the services of SerB have stated that fail platoons are not punishable and are a part of the game......

Beta Tester
506 posts
1,386 battles

Same issue exists in WoT - unfortunately WG through the services of SerB have stated that fail platoons are not punishable and are a part of the game......

Ugh... I guess i have to suck it up. Maybe i should stop worrying about the team composition.

Beta Tester
682 posts
4,757 battles

hmm .. I found from another news souce that they say something about punishing the troll platoon and you can report them ... and some of them really got banned for few day but i don't know is it true or not

Beta Tester
506 posts
1,386 battles

hmm .. I found from another news souce that they say something about punishing the troll platoon and you can report them ... and some of them really got banned for few day but i don't know is it true or not

Hearsay, mate. Someone else also mentioned that blueliners were being punished, but we get no confirmation from the staff.

EDIT: now i remember i used to bluff in the game chat that blueliner would be punished if we upload the replays. Of course this isn't true. :P

Edited by RG_Kid

Beta Tester
106 posts
6,181 battles

Yes, but what I find obnoxious is that WG clearly thinks 2-3 peoples' fun trumps the other 9-10 on their team.

Also, while "gaming the system to get top tier too often" is considered unfair, WG does next to nothing to stop you getting BOTTOM tier as high as 80% of the time (fun fact: my Panther II in WoT had 14% of its battles as top tier and 52% as bottom before I quit; try playing half your battles in a Panther II v tier 10s and see how much 'fun' that is).

I was keeping some records here for a while but gave up because I know it's pointless; WG couldn't care less about this issue. It's been present in WoT forever, and the same thing is happening in WoWS. It was one of the remaining issues of MM that was in my MM principles thread that was so helpfully 'archived' so nobody can read it.

Just on that, I've had a few mods claim they were looking for 2 of my threads in the 'archive'; what's happening with that? The MM one was one of them. 

the panther 2 is actually an excellent tank, and effective against tier 10's if played correctly.