You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
IRONMAN34

Damage question

8 comments in this topic

25 posts
937 battles

hi,

just wondering if anyone knows if the damage and pen by caliber and everything that makes up the damage model is based on WoT or is it its own script or scale in game?

it seems pretty similar to me but im not sure on a few things

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

The mechanics is more complex that WoT.

- Regarding penetration: Shells fly at much higher arc in this game, also the penetration loss over distance is greater but impact angle also changes greatly depending on how far/close you shoot. It's practically impossible to estimate penetration effectiveness, you have to rely on your own experience for that.

- Regarding shell damage:

Over pen = 10% max dmg.

Pen = 33% max dmg.

Pen on heavily damaged components = 17.5% max dmg.

Citadel pen = 100% max dmg.

If you damage certain part of the ship heavily enough, it will take less damage from continuous penetrations.

- Regarding Torpedo damage:

Hit on the bow/stern = 90% max dmg.

Hit on the middle: depending on the ship's anti-torpedo defense. Higher tier ships have much better anti-torpedo defense than lower tiers.

As for Torpedo, just focus on landing the hits instead, don't worry too much about where you hit.

There are Posts with more details regarding damage mechanics, I'll go look for it.

25 posts
937 battles

thanks,

im pretty up to speed with the mechanics and how pen works and so on as ive been playing WoT for 4 years,

just wondered if they used the same damage script and pen script,

i know it has differences like citadel and torps.

the main reason im asking really is i was thinking that in the distant future WG could incorporate all 3 games into 1 WoWs WoT and WoWp,

thus my question as to them using the same damage model would make sense, plus its a formula they have worked longest on

53 posts
526 battles

I think they have to change how they make game to do that. if they had all 3 games combined yes it would be awesome but I doubt it would work with 24 players per game.

25 posts
937 battles

but I doubt it would work with 24 players per game.

i doubt the amount of players in the game would be the biggest problem, i have played other games with 100+ in the same room

25 posts
937 battles

3 different variants of the BigWorld engine - makes it harder to amalgamate them.

yeah that's why i was thinking if you make some key scripts the same it isn't such a big change,

maybe it doesn't have to be one game, perhaps 3 games as it is now but you enter a room that has all 3 games playing at once, only thing needed then is the same maps and a few key changes rather than a whole big change