Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
yansuki

i....s who don't pay attention to map and has zero battlefield awarenes.

26 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

just today like any other day i encounter lots of these type of players who don't pay attention to map at all. the large part of enemy force are going to the revealed by the carrier planes right at the beginning of the match yet they still went to the left side of the map even how many times how ask for help to defend, not sure if they are reading the chat or can read or even speak english, probably they even turn off the map idk what is in the head of these players at all. i mean there are fewer enemy to shoot at that way yet they still proceed in that direction and refuse to return..

even AI played better than these types of players...

until the very end i was with a myogi trying to defend the base cap against a huge force of cruisers, bb and some dd. without support forom high tier ship on our team. (i suspect lots of these players buy their way to high tier without learning the basic at all.) saw lots of  high tier and even at tier 10 ships who don't know  where to go. they are unsure where and how to engage enemy ships and just follow the crowd.

MrbYmJ5.png

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

I don't know what else to expect from random players.

Hopefully at higher tiers there are less of "them" around.

Stupidity and incompetence doesn't go away the higher up you go. Where did you think the basis for the term "fail upwards" came from?

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

Stupidity and incompetence doesn't go away the higher up you go. Where did you think the basis for the term "fail upwards" came from?

They do go away eventually, for an average players that is.

I'm not saying there won't be any of "those", but the frequency should be lower than mid and low tiers, but lower by how much I don't know.

6 posts
417 battles

I second. Those basterds who play alone and not on a team. 80% of games I played were very quiet. This game needs to add some more game modes other than the random matchmaking like rooms, etc. to encourage teamwork, not random shooting, self-gratifying players.

Beta Tester
506 posts
1,386 battles

I disagree. I had played in an Ocean map where we as fleet progressed forward into enemy base. We encountered few ships, and shot down many of enemy planes. It had became painfully obvious that the enemy fleet went to the other direction. Bulk of our fleet still went and capture the enemy base in one of the most spectacular display of teamwork, while my Atlanta who had made the turn toward the base, desperately delayed the enemy capture along with another ships so we could win the match.

Sometimes it's better to say [content removed] it and pray for the best.

Profanity. Content removed, user warned.

~Noppers

Edited by Noppers

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

I disagree. I had played in an Ocean map where we as fleet progressed forward into enemy base. We encountered few ships, and shot down many of enemy planes. It had became painfully obvious that the enemy fleet went to the other direction. Bulk of our fleet still went and capture the enemy base in one of the most spectacular display of teamwork, while my Atlanta who had made the turn toward the base, desperately delayed the enemy capture along with another ships so we could win the match.

Sometimes it's better to say [content removed] it and pray for the best.

well its the ocean map, bb capping the enemy base can shoot enemy who's trying to cap the home base while on this map there's a huge mountains between two cap.

Quote updated.

~Noppers

Edited by Noppers

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

I see nothing wrong on how your teammates heading on west while enemy fleet is approaching from east. There are doing their job which is the correct it best to stick together as a fleet to provide maximum AA and Artillery support. And from the map I see there nothing wrong your teammates there are heading to west to flank, cap and try to sink the enemy CV meanwhile enemy fleet is approaching from east to cap too. Also regarding about heading back to base to defend let me ask you if your teammates are nearing their cap and enemy is approaching your cap are you telling me you want them to head back when you reliazed that BB are slow enough to go back to base to defend so just let them cap the base and you def all the best you could to reset it also you have CV right?? Tell him to reset but unless that CV Commanders is sux overall there nothing wrong in here.

Edited by davud1537

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

I see nothing wrong on how your teammates heading on west while enemy fleet is approaching from east. There are doing their job which is the correct it best to stick together as a fleet to provide maximum AA and Artillery support. And from the map I see there nothing wrong your teammates there are heading to west to flank, cap and try to sink the enemy CV meanwhile enemy fleet is approaching from east to cap too. Also regarding about heading back to base to defend let me ask you if your teammates are nearing their cap and enemy is approaching your cap are you telling me you want them to head back when you reliazed that BB are slow enough to go back to base to defend so just let them cap the base and you def all the best you could to reset it also you have CV right?? Tell him to reset but unless that CV Commanders is sux overall there nothing wrong in here.

1. left side of two brothers map is not ideal for large vessel like bb because of  smaller island that can be use by dd to ambush them. right side is much better because it has much wider area where battleship can maneuver.

2. there are way too many allied vessel going to the left but too few enemy to shoot, not good to farm exp.

3. fast ship like cruiser are leading the charge while leaving their slow BB at the back. it suppose to be a good engagement to our side if only our bb just wait for them to show and just obliterate them fast before the enemy bb can arrive the stage, and get a good chunk of exp and credits and securing our victory. yet the allied bb just continue to left side of the map where there are only few destroyer and cruisers as target, they ignore the opportunity to farm exp out of those cruisers.

4. its not good idea to leave the resetting to CV, specially if there are cruisers around.

5. as you can see from the screencap, its only few minutes from the start of the game when the allied cv spotted large enemy force. most of our bb are still inside our cap circle, even if they are slow there are still lots of time to react to this but they just follow the crowd even if i ask them for help many times. talk about lack of initiative.

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

1. left side of the brothers map is not idea or large vessel like bb because of  smaller island that can be use by dd to ambush them. right side is much better because it has much wider area where battleship can maneuver.

2. there are way too many allied vessel going to the left but too few enemy to shoot, not good to farm exp.

3. fast ship like cruiser are leading the charge while leaving their slow BB at the back. it suppose to be a good engagement to our side if only our bb just wait for them to show and just obliterate them fast before the enemy bb can arrive the stage, and get a good chunk of exp and credits and securing our victory. yet the allied bb just continue to left side of the map where there are only few destroyer and cruisers as target, they ignore the opportunity to farm exp out of those cruisers.

4. its not good idea to leave the resetting to CV, specially if there are cruisers around.

5. as you can see from the screencap, its only few minutes from the start of the game when the allied cv spotted large enemy force. most of our bb are still inside our cap circle, even if they are slow there are still lots of time to react to this but they just follow the crowd even if i ask them for help many times. talk about lack of initiative.

That what usual Commanders do when they play on this map but perhaps you are right some BB Commanders have no clue where to head.Well if the BB Commanders dont head back then sux it up and defend. For me is easy i spot any ships or aircraft i destroy them.

Edited by davud1537

53 posts
526 battles

My experience is 90%  of the planets population are barely intelligent enough to be above throwing there own faeces.

though by the map seems the enemy team was pretty much just as stupid so at least it was a fair fight.

74 posts
3,241 battles

In the games I've played, there is an almost universal tendency for everyone to put their helms to starboard and head in that direction. I'm not particularly worried about that, providing the battleships stay on task, form a proper line of battle, and the cruisers do their job of screening and supporting the BBs. The problems arise when, on encountering opposition, either the BBs or the cruisers turn away, leaving a few brave souls hung out to dry. This is particularly galling when the enemy has got it right and muggins in his light cruiser is getting shot at by two battleships while fending off an airborne torpedo attack. Everyone gets a better game, win or lose, when the fleet works as a fleet, with the battleships concentrating their power, the cruisers supporting and screening, and the carriers keeping up so they have protection. The only lone wolves on the water should be the destroyers, and even then they do much better when they hunt in packs.

Virtually no one uses chat. It's ridiculous. I understand that there are many languages spoken in this region, but apart from one argument in Japanese and a few interchanges in Mandarin, I could count on the fingers of, well not one hand but both hands, the number of times I've seen chat used at all, in any language, even just for swearing at people who've caused annoyance. I've taken to wishing everyone on my team "Good luck" at the start of battles, in a usually vain attempt to get players talking.

I don't think people are stupid. I think some are unsure of how to proceed, while others are basically thinking that the aim of the game is to notch up their own experience and in-game credits, as working as a team with a bunch of complete strangers is very difficult. When we can form full-strength teams​ with players we have come to know and can work with, and challenge other teams, rather than the random way things are done now, the game will be a lot better for all of us.

679 posts
3,522 battles

And this is why Asia server is so bad.  Fails to see the point.  No Idea.

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,290 posts

I just play PvE.

That way I'm not too worried about what the window lickers do.

I cannot be bothered playing with real numpties.

Super Tester
2,314 posts
7,096 battles

Yes this is indeed annoying but there are times where the fleet gets its act together and after smashing opposition on that side, they double back to the other side and still be able to hold. 

Yes I do get annoyed by the bottlesheeps that turn 360 in face of opposition leaving the CA and light ships to fend off.

420 posts
20 battles

probably they even turn off the map idk what is in the head of these players at all.

The map is the only friend i rely on when stay zoomed.

How to get out the quote box ? Full editor doesn't help

Edited by Zwelivelle

420 posts
20 battles

Right side of two brothers map is not the best option for every BB.

BB with shorter range and slower speed such as USN BB will be not advantageous there.

The island H8 will also block BB and even collided with any BB that tried to turn back or maneuver.

Beta Tester
317 posts
953 battles

Yes this is indeed annoying but there are times where the fleet gets its act together and after smashing opposition on that side, they double back to the other side and still be able to hold. 

Yes I do get annoyed by the bottlesheeps that turn 360 in face of opposition leaving the CA and light ships to fend off.

If you turn 360 then you would face into the same direction.......:teethhappy: 

Back to the topic, I think people could become a different person when interacting with other people in the internet. You know, the anonymity and stuff.... Let alone cooperating with bunch of complete strangers. Sometime in the past, as usual I suggest something in the chat like "It would be better to go to A" or "Please cap A".... Then someone replied: "You are not my boss!" "Why I have to follow your order?". Very surprised with this response I just replied " You know, just a friendly suggestion" and then proceed without use chat anymore.

Humans are  social 'animal', but they are still an individual within themselves. And cultures could be a factor too. We would never know, unless if someone could make a study about human interaction in team based strategy online gaming. It would be very interesting and you could gain a degree or two with this 

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

battlefield awareness doesnt mean as much here as it does in WoT. 

Sure you can change your direction of attack, but it will cost you 10 minutes of the battle to get there.

Make a descision at start and go with it. All guns blazing.

Already in Alpha Testers
300 posts
938 battles

Worrying about how team mates play does not help at all as this is something totally beyond your control. If you are playing this game solo just treat the battles as if it is you playing with and against bots. It is the only way to stay sane.

Super Tester
630 posts
9,482 battles

until the very end i was with a myogi trying to defend the base cap against a huge force of cruisers, bb and some dd. without support from high tier ship on our team. (i suspect lots of these players buy their way to high tier without learning the basic at all.) saw lots of  high tier and even at tier 10 ships who don't know  where to go. they are unsure where and how to engage enemy ships and just follow the crowd.

MrbYmJ5.png

Sounds like me, I usually do a full 180 turn and help defend the base if this happens (in my cruiser), Sure I might die but its the only hope I have while the rest of the team continues to push and try outcap the enemy... I will ask the team to come back and defend and maybe some guys will follow but the rest don't listen and continue to push... sooo whatever... 

I also always push onto the left side on this map

Sign in to follow this