You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Potoroo

Do you like the BB Spotter plane view?

Do you like the BB Spotter plane view?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the BB Spotter plane view?

• Love it
    • Loathe it
    • BBs have a spotter plane view?

39 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
773 posts
796 battles

Title says it all.  I'm just curious about how people feel about the spotter plane view.  I hate it to the point where I simply don't launch my spotter planes on BBs that have them. I find it hinders my aiming and just makes it even harder to hit anything at range.

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

I actually quite like it, actually. It takes some getting used to, but I figured out that despite the perspective shift, the lead and aiming is pretty similar to default view. This pays off  on maps like North and New Dawn with lots of islands, where spotter view has netted me a lot of arcing shots and kills over shorter landmasses (where cruisers assume they are safe). Not to mention, on some maps (Hotspot, the occasional Big Race), the range increase allows BBs to shell detected carriers at their spawn point from across the map, or if carriers are following behind their fleet on maps like North and New Dawn, to shell them when they're revealed.

Alpha Tester
1,063 posts
509 battles

Also finding the spotter plane view really useful when dealing with ships hiding behind islands. Though i do agree that it is hard to use and the player will need some getting used to, but that could be said for every ship type and any new game mechanic that they unlock when they climb up the tiers.

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

It's useful for "Looping" stuff - But I was so use to the normal one that it tends to screw up my aim though.

I prefer the Normal one.

Alpha Tester
1,063 posts
509 battles

What is it?

Only BBs have them?

Any ships that have spotter planes will have that view when they launch it.
Edited by Halken_Sky

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

What is it?

Only BBs have them?

Any BB with Catapult and tier10 Cruisers have such spotter planes.

Although the main benefit is the increased range, the new view was something that could be achieved using certain mods, that came out long before this new spotter plane mechanics.

Beta Tester
317 posts
953 battles

Killed a camping CV right at the start of the match with my Myougi once... But against moving target, that view mode is harder..... Not really used to it.....

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Your gun able to shoot over the island, but jot your binocular view

There for this feature will help you overcome that

For I like or not... it's good, just need time to get use to it

Super Tester
1,677 posts

Playing USN BBs not IJN and am at tier 4.

iirc New York should get planes.

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,922 battles

Took a while to get used to, but they really help level the playing field especially for USN BB's

Some say you can't hit many shots at range, and often that is the case, but many times even getting a few hits, plunging fire for that matter can knock off a decent amount of health off cruisers and battleships as they approach for battle.