Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Pseudoscope

CV stats

12 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
45 posts
6,579 battles

Hi Devs, 

Personally I feel that the CV's stats are too good. If you take a look at them, some CV's are less detectable than CA's and just as fast or faster. I've played plenty of rounds (as a DD), where if there is space the CV just turns are runs, to the point where I cannot run them down.

I feel that CV detection range should be equal to that of a DD's acquisition range and the speed of a CV should be equal to or less than that or BB's. 

A difference of 5knots of speed is 150m/minute, if  a CV knows you are coming, and has the room, you will never get into range for guns, let alone torps. Further more if you are in range you have to keep a practically dead straight approach with 1 or 2 guns on target, otherwise they will leave your range. Anytime the launch torps at you, you will lose ground, if not get severely injured at higher teirs.

Take a look at the two stats mention, compare CV's with all other tiers across the tiers and I think you too might agree that they need altering too. 

Regards

Pseudo

Alpha Tester
878 posts
151 battles

Cvs cant turn fast and don't have guns so you only need to get into firing range to use HE and they are screwed. DDs are able to sneak up (Especially IJN) and launch their 10km+ torps or come in close with smoke and insta kill at 3km.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

I would suggest, if the game run 6 time faster than RL, the planes should only have fuel 6 times less as well

Limit the time it fly and force CV player to do airdrop quickly before they lose their planes

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

I remember something similiar about light tanks in WoT.

Actually I read something similiar about anything that requires the player to think further ahead than one step.

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

I would suggest, if the game run 6 time faster than RL, the planes should only have fuel 6 times less as well

Limit the time it fly and force CV player to do airdrop quickly before they lose their planes

If fuel system is implemented, there would be an "automatic return" command whenever the plane consumes certain amount of its fuel allowed. It is much more tolerable that way than forcing CV captains to manage his planes' fuel all the time, even worse with IJN CV because the raw number of squads they command.

But still, I don't think adding fuel system is a good idea, it puts even more work on the CV captain and it won't solve the Power Creeping/Bomber Spamming issue with CV right now. BB still gonna get wreck and players still gonna whine.

Better to just either reduce DPM from Torpedo Bomber, or put more viable loadouts with Fighters in there, replacing some Torpedo Bomber squads.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

If fuel system is implemented, there would be an "automatic return" command whenever the plane consumes certain amount of its fuel allowed. It is much more tolerable that way than forcing CV captains to manage his planes' fuel all the time, even worse with IJN CV because the raw number of squads they command.

But still, I don't think adding fuel system is a good idea, it puts even more work on the CV captain and it won't solve the Power Creeping/Bomber Spamming issue with CV right now. BB still gonna get wreck and players still gonna whine.

Better to just either reduce DPM from Torpedo Bomber, or put more viable loadouts with Fighters in there, replacing some Torpedo Bomber squads.

I prefer to make both nation and other have the same loadout and firepower

Just vary in planes stat and behavior

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

I prefer to make both nation and other have the same loadout and firepower

Just vary in planes stat and behavior

That would create problems when alternate CV branches come out. You need to give something special to differentiate Carriers so that people would play them all. (WG's intention)

Plane stats might make some differences, but they are rather minor at most.

Alpha Tester
128 posts
3,235 battles

Manual drop needs to be removed. My guess is it will be.

You'll still be able to determine the direction of attack, but wont be able to drop at extremely close range.

It's a broken game mechanic and makes CV's way too powerful.

Granted it takes skill to do well; but even then it is over the top OP.

People i know have stopped playing and wont play again unless it is rectified.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

That would create problems when alternate CV branches come out. You need to give something special to differentiate Carriers so that people would play them all. (WG's intention)

Plane stats might make some differences, but they are rather minor at most.

But with that, WG could balance them easier l, like make the planes even more different in some part

And I like to suggest to increase the damage deal by AA gun the closer the planes to the ship, or the planes are less RNG based the the closer they to the ship

Sign in to follow this