You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
R3negade

Demolition Experts, any love ?

18 comments in this topic

Super Tester
1,397 posts
13,408 battles

+3% chance of setting a fire.

I don't think this skill actually +3% due to the complex mechanism  (Someone said the -7% risk of fire actually -1% only after the game calculation)

can anyone show me the formula of the percentage of setting up a fire with this skill mastered.

Anyone using this skill and find it is helpful?

or you mastered Advanced Fire Training instead.

As a IJN Cruiser Ibuki, I think Advanced Fire Training is less effective.

You have the 17km+ fire range, AP shell will be less effective for sure,

also, IJN has better HE shell which deals more damagem

Maximizing the usage of HE shell with Demolition Experts should be cool.

Beta Tester
506 posts
1,386 battles

Yeah, i used demolition expert on my Murmansk captain. I don't think it has any difference seeing its chance to set fire is already low to begin with.

Super Tester
1,397 posts
13,408 battles

Yeah, i used demolition expert on my Murmansk captain. I don't think it has any difference seeing its chance to set fire is already low to begin with.

Mine is 20.3cm, sure it has higher chance to set a fire

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

That +3% on Demolition expert skill is completely different from -7% of fire prevention skill.

What it does is adding 3% to your SHELL's chance of fire, which is quite significant if it is smaller guns such as US's 127mm. USN's 127mm guns has base chance of fire of 5%, adding the skill in gives 8%, which is more than 50% practical increase.

-7% of fire prevention is 7% of shell's chance of fire, in above example it would equal to 0.35%. Ship's fire resistant then comes into account, which lowers that by further more, ranging from none to 50% (tier10).

I don't think any fire prevention skill is worth it, but Demolition expert is a nice to have if you use 155mm guns and lower (because of their higher reliant on HE ammunition than AP in comparison with 203mm and bigger guns).

Beta Tester
773 posts
796 battles

I don't think any fire prevention skill is worth it, but Demolition expert is a nice to have if you use 155mm guns and lower (because of their higher reliant on HE ammunition than AP in comparison with 203mm and bigger guns).

I'm not sure any of the other level 2 skills is more useful on a BB.

Super Tester
1,397 posts
13,408 battles

+0.7 degree per sec turn time is not so bad, it might help u to save ur life (rarely .tho

but the incoming fire alert I feel like it is a useless skill in the game along with +20% torpedo acquisition lol

Edited by R3negade

Beta Tester
773 posts
796 battles

The aiming skill easily beats that, especially with how many BB with 50sec+ turret rotation time currently.

It doesn't do much for bigger guns.  I have it on my Cleveland but I really can't see the point of it on a BB with big guns.

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

i wouldnt bother with demolition expert to be honest, it will change your chance to set fires from 12% to 15% (Thats an average, different ships have different chances/captain abilities/yadayadyada)  

Better off spending those 4 points on situation awareness, basics of survivability and fire prevention, how i have most of my cruisers/bb captains set up. 

rns47qi.jpg

(i still need situation awareness) 

Edited by Fear_the_Reaper

1,054 posts
3,918 battles

Hmmmm.....reaper I still don't understand why you would have superintendent as the 3rd skill choice. Wouldn't -10% reload party skill be much more valuable? 

Afaik, the only consumable for Cleveland is the 3 fighter planes.

I would like to know your reasoning.

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Note that due to the way fire chance is calculate, fire prevention provides a pretty minuscule reduction to fire chance. Still, I'd pick it on a BB because when everything is shooting at you, every little bit helps.

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

It doesn't do much for bigger guns.  I have it on my Cleveland but I really can't see the point of it on a BB with big guns.

It does.

Yamato: 72 sec/180 deg = 2.5 deg/s.

Plus skill = 3.2 deg/s (28% improvement), 56.25 sec/180 deg.

New Mexico: 60 sec/180 deg = 3 deg/s.

Plus skill = 3.7 deg/s (23% improvement), 48.65 sec/180 deg.

Iowa: 45 sec/180 deg = 4 deg/s.

Plus skill = 4.7 deg/s (17.5% improvement), 38.3 sec/180 deg.

If you say that 17-28% improvement "doesn't do much", then I don't know what to say anymore.

Cleveland: 30 sec/180 deg = 6 deg/s.

Plus skill = 8.5 deg/s ( 41.7% improvement), 21.18 sec/180 deg.

Do you do math?

Compare that to the fire prevention skill that only reduce chance of fire by less than 1 percent practically, IMO the aiming skill has far more use for me.

Beta Tester
773 posts
796 battles

Do you do math?

Maths?  No, I'm an Arts graduate.

BTW, thank you for crunching the numbers and making them intelligible.  I was going to ask because the way WG present that information it's next to useless.

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

Hmmmm.....reaper I still don't understand why you would have superintendent as the 3rd skill choice. Wouldn't -10% reload party skill be much more valuable? 

Afaik, the only consumable for Cleveland is the 3 fighter planes.

I would like to know your reasoning.

Naww this captains going in Des moines when i get it, i want the extra healing ability 

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

Maths?  No, I'm an Arts graduate.

BTW, thank you for crunching the numbers and making them intelligible.  I was going to ask because the way WG present that information it's next to useless.

Just in case anyone also needs clarification regarding Aiming Expert skill, here's the table that some peeps did. :P

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MSNQxCSfz2mzd92Av0QNkxRlCnXavIL6ItvCYqHkg7Y/edit#gid=0

Edited by Gezeiten_Heimatwelt