Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Nishizumi_AnkoSP

what kind of Gameplay is this

32 comments in this topic

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

So........the TL:DR is that a pub player did something you didn't like so we now have a thread about the fact that someone who probably didn't even speak the same language as you didn't listen?

?????

70 posts
890 battles

So........the TLDR is that a pub player did something you didn't like so we now have a thread about the fact that someone who probably didn't even speak the same language as you didn't listen?

?????

Communication is clearly a difficulty we all face both in game and in these forums. And I have said clearly, I don't agree with davud in his strategic assessment of the situation. However, I do STRONGLY support his right to comment on this forum. He has clarified his position as his posts have progressed through the thread.  And I hope my comments and those of others help him formulate his thoughts and future strategy. Or at least, understand how some of the lesser experienced players (like myself) are thinking during a battle. 

I don't support elitism of any kind nor the desire of many forum lurkers worldwide to simply denegrate the posts of others to make themselves appear superior or leet in some way. I know YOU, Ralph are NOT doing that. But there is a fine line between helping and just criticising.

We would all love forums to be full of highly helpful, enlightening, clearly expounded posts full of wisdom.

Forums once were incredibly popular communications hubs. But the trolls have scared the serious posters away long ago in many once wonderful places. There was a stage where the world of players was extremely well connected but that is slipping away. Ralph. I am sure you are a great contributor to serious threads, with highly experienced players expounding well thought out theses, advancing game-play and their enjoyment of this wonderful game. I am sure you want to help others get maximal enjoyment from the game and LEARN. But beware the dark side. Those who face situations of poorer communications, must not respond with frustration, whether well expressed or not. If I were a moderator here, I would definitely encourage ANYONE who plays the game a lot to comment on their in game experiences, and I would hope the replies HELP THEM and improve gameplay for all. That is what a Forum is all about.

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

So........the TLDR is that a pub player did something you didn't like so we now have a thread about the fact that someone who probably didn't even speak the same language as you didn't listen?

Communication is clearly a difficulty we all face both in game and in these forums. And I have said clearly, I don't agree with davud in his strategic assessment of the situation. However, I do STRONGLY support his right to comment on this forum. He has clarified his position as his posts have progressed through the thread.  And I hope my comments and those of others help him formulate his thoughts and future strategy. Or at least, understand how some of the lesser experienced players (like myself) are thinking during a battle. 

I don't support elitism of any kind nor the desire of many forum lurkers worldwide to simply denegrate the posts of others to make themselves appear superior or leet in some way. I know YOU, Ralph are NOT doing that. But there is a fine line between helping and just criticising.

We would all love forums to be full of highly helpful, enlightening, clearly expounded posts full of wisdom.

Forums once were incredibly popular communications hubs. But the trolls have scared the serious posters away long ago in many once wonderful places. There was a stage where the world of players was extremely well connected but that is slipping away. Ralph. I am sure you are a great contributor to serious threads, with highly experienced players expounding well thought out theses, advancing game-play and their enjoyment of this wonderful game. I am sure you want to help others get maximal enjoyment from the game and LEARN. But beware the dark side. Those who face situations of poorer communications, must not respond with frustration, whether well expressed or not. If I were a moderator here, I would definitely encourage ANYONE who plays the game a lot to comment on their in game experiences, and I would hope the replies HELP THEM and improve gameplay for all. That is what a Forum is all about.

Sorry, Yeti, but it seems to me Ralph is spot on with his assessment.

The OP has shown no interest in engaging with others about the 'issue' he's raised. It's little more than a "these people didn't do what I wanted, failed, and they're all [redacted]".

That might well be true, as we've all seen any number of useless [redacted]s in battles (often in BBs), but to pretend this thread is an attempt to get broader participation in a discussion about a serious topic is optimistic almost to the point of delusion.

Not that I disagree with your sentiment about forum use etc, but I think it's misplaced here.

Cheers

Edited by Steeltrap

[LEAK]
Beta Tester
2,718 posts
2,030 battles

And also I've seen someone sunk Iowa with Cleaveland.... by ramming lol.

You don't even need to Ram to kill a Iowa/Izumo in a Cleveland - Just HE it to Death.

Also can you teach me how you can sink Iowa and Yamato because I can't seem to be able to even fight against North Carolina or Amagi in my Fuso.

If you 1v1 a Higher Tier BB of Course you will lose. Find a Teammate to help you or just stick with the Lemming train.

The OP has shown no interest in engaging with others about the 'issue' he's raised. It's little more than a "these people didn't do what I wanted, failed, and they're all [redacted]".

That might well be true, as we've all seen any number of useless [redacted]s in battles (often in BBs), but to pretend this thread is an attempt to get broader participation in a discussion about a serious topic is optimistic almost to the point of delusion.

Not that I disagree with your sentiment about forum use etc, but I think it's misplaced here.

Cheers

Pretty much this :great:

Edited by Alvin1020

70 posts
890 battles

Cheers

I WAS being careful in my reply.

But to explain my thoughts:

I felt Ralph was actually reflecting criticism on himself. Don't you sometimes find yourself criticising others for doing exactly what you are doing?

Simply, I perceived that davud was not understanding Ralph very well. Just like Ralph's hypothesized language barrier. 

Therefore, I perceived Ralph was not communicating very effectively.

Ralph was just:

- saying davud was doing something he didn't like 

- posting a non useful comment designed to get davud to stop any discussion (in which he succeeded)

- making his one line comment and walking away

I know neither Ralph or davud are trolling. Most trolls assume an air of superiority, and denegrate the opposition with brief poorly explicated assertions and connections.

When davud posted, I believe he was partly interested in understanding strange behaviour. He didn't say "Look at this stupidity". He made a thread asking a question. 

Ralph did worse. He might have done better to ask "What kind of thread is this"

And certainly I do not see how he made the thread more useful.

“You either have to be part of the solution, or you're going to be part of the problem.” 

I am constantly trying to expound strategies for improvement in play and in forums.

I try to think the best of people

I try to improve my weak gameplay and hope for success.

Otherwise, why bother.

Also, you mistake me for an optimist. I don't think the glass half full. I think it has long been smashed to glass shards and lies abandoned on the floor. Unfortunately I am a realist, leaning strongly to the politics of the possible.

My only delusion is to hope trolls will come to understand the damage they are doing to human communications. But it is a very faint hope while they receive so much support.

A smart one line put down is just too easy, unfortunately for us all.

I doubt I will ever again see a  'thread' that 'is an attempt to get broader participation in a discussion about a serious topic' that is not full of one line self-ingratiating smart comments.

But I DO determinedly hang on to my faint hope.

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

There have been plenty of constructive, serious conversations about many aspects of game play. I and others have been in them since Alpha.

But a "these people are [redacted] because they did stupid **** and didn't listen" OP isn't the way to start one, lol.

Such a post is pointless. There's no question being asked, no call for feedback. It's just a rant.

Edited by Steeltrap

Sign in to follow this