Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Fragkat

Cheating, or just really pathetic game mechanic ?

23 comments in this topic

112 posts
1,613 battles

Having CV's able to drop torpedoes an bombs literally on top of you so every single thing hits an is unavoidable in any way, is this cheating  or just another typical bad idea from fanboys who screamed an shouted till Devs gave them what they wanted ?.

Devs really need to show some backbone an remove this ability. Force torps to ONLY be launched from correct distance. This is coming form someone who only plays CV himself. Before anyone tells me to "l2p brah"... or some such.... I know how to do it, but I have enough self respect to not abuse a bad mechanic.

[-TOF-]
Beta Tester
39 posts
2,607 battles

Some may agree, some may agrue, i haven't played CV's yet so i dont have much of a say, however as a CA/CL/BB user i say its a challenge to dodge people using Torps and Bombs for me i take it as a challenge since its fun.

Alpha Tester
1,063 posts
509 battles

Have you given US Carriers a try before categorizing both carriers as "OMG OP PLZ NERF"?

Also again search function, do not create multiple threads about the same thing every single day.

Edited by Halken_Sky

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles
679 posts
3,488 battles

IN Alpha and CBT I was famous for playing only CVs.  I gave them up cos they made me feel dirty with hoW stupidly easy ( like trained monkey easy) they are to play. Dirty dirty dirty

Edited by Dantes_Inferno

[BLUMR]
1,134 posts
1,377 battles

Here we go again. :popcorn:

You should know how long it takes for TBs to setup for an attack, especially if you decide to manual drop and are readjusting. 

Plus the torp speed on USN TBs is way slower compared to the IJN's to compensate for their tighter spread and number of torps. I can't confirm arming distance but it feels like USN Torps need longer time to arm as well. 

Alpha Tester
1,063 posts
509 battles

IN Alpha and CBT I was famous for playing only CVs.  I gave them up cos they made me feel dirty with hoW stupidly easy ( like trained monkey easy) they are to play. Dirty dirty dirty

Why are you here? Shouldn't you be elsewhere :hiding:

679 posts
3,488 battles

CW in Tonks atm, duty for FURY

Now I like the Minakaze, cos you know how difficult to play that is, I mean 10 K torps, it takes skill my friends(!)

(!) = international symbol for sarcasm

Edited by Dantes_Inferno

Super Tester
1,677 posts

CW in Tonks atm, duty for FURY

Now I like the Minakaze, cos you know how difficult to play that is, I mean 10 K torps, it takes skill my friends(!)

(!) = international symbol for sarcasm

Dante + sarcasm = DOES NOT COMPUTE

I want a satire poast for this plis.

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Having CV's able to drop torpedoes an bombs literally on top of you so every single thing hits an is unavoidable in any way, is this cheating  or just another typical bad idea from fanboys who screamed an shouted till Devs gave them what they wanted ?.

Devs really need to show some backbone an remove this ability. Force torps to ONLY be launched from correct distance. This is coming form someone who only plays CV himself. Before anyone tells me to "l2p brah"... or some such.... I know how to do it, but I have enough self respect to not abuse a bad mechanic.

Speaking as a primary BB/CA player since CBT, devs have already listened and made it a LOT harder for an instant-kill manual torp drop to occur as compared to when open beta launched - by increasing the distance at which manual drops have to be committed, increasing the distance between torpedoes of IJN carriers and reducing the torpedo bomber complement of USN CVs. Compared to CBT, it's not very hard to avoid or minimize the damage of a CV strike. 

Beta Tester
35 posts
1,224 battles

Some may agree, some may agrue, i haven't played CV's yet so i dont have much of a say, however as a CA/CL/BB user i say its a challenge to dodge people using Torps and Bombs for me i take it as a challenge since its fun.

Wait till you get to t9/10.  Dodge and turn all you want however early you want, even in a CA you will inevitabely take 5+ torps to the face from something like a midway while you will only kill at most 2-3 planes (out of over 100 in hangar lol).  Either they will out turn you, shoot chasing torps behind you to lock you in and then blast your side, or they will bring up a second squad onto your other side and sit there just as a threat to conserve torps.  There's nothing remotely challenging about it.

Ofcourse assuming the CV is playing nice and not glitching his planes to turn 180 degrees instantly, or glitching the torpedoes to curve into you from another side.

Alpha Tester
1,063 posts
509 battles

Wait till you get to t9/10.  Dodge and turn all you want however early you want, even in a CA you will inevitabely take 5+ torps to the face from something like a midway while you will only kill at most 2-3 planes (out of over 100 in hangar lol).  Either they will out turn you, shoot chasing torps behind you to lock you in and then blast your side, or they will bring up a second squad onto your other side and sit there just as a threat to conserve torps.  There's nothing remotely challenging about it.

Ofcourse assuming the CV is playing nice and not glitching his planes to turn 180 degrees instantly, or glitching the torpedoes to curve into you from another side.

Please do report players abusing bugs / do a bug report on any glitches you find in-game

112 posts
1,613 battles

I assume your trying to make a point here, though for life of me I dont see what it is. praps some more context might clarify your .....position?....pfft.

As for whoever was saying I make same threads every day etc etc etc... interesting. I may need some help in seeing exactly what threads I keep makign every day. It would make interesting reading.

For those who gave me mature an interesting responses. thanks for that. I appreciate it.

Least people are aware of it.

Beta Tester
545 posts
2,381 battles

you are very dirty ....bad bad man 

Beta Tester
120 posts
4,246 battles

CV players will tell you to play before you criticize but I can tell you , if I go into a battle and my team has the only carrier or there are two carriers per team and the CV's on my team are a higher tier then most of the time my team wins.. if the the reverse is true.. most of the time my team loses.. unless the CV driver is a noob..   the best battles I have been in have no carriers.. Make of that what you will.. 

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

But we're playing artillery. We've avoided the artillery question altogether by becoming them.

Edited by Haku

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

I assume your trying to make a point here, though for life of me I dont see what it is. praps some more context might clarify your .....position?....pfft.

You don't want me to give you a mature, reasonable, dignified answer. But since you asked...

I do not buy that you have enough self-respect to not do it. I highly suspect that you simply can't.

This is a game that is inherently competitive; if you no longer go for the victory by any means necessary, you are no longer a good player because a good player should always be competing to win. The main motivation to all of us is to compete for victory, it's not to come 1st, or 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th or 6th, or 12th in terms of XP or damage. I play to have fun, yes, but I have fun by winning, and I play in the morning anyway where there's few players on to DP with, and it so happens that I win...most of the time.

That being said, you are not wrong: torpedo bombers could only drop their payloads within a limited range of airspeeds, altitudes and dive angles.

However, it used to be much easier to manual drop ships. WG has, since Closed Alpha, made it much harder to do so. You will simply need to wait patiently for WG to test and implement the necessary measures.

Edited by Haku

1,054 posts
3,918 battles

But we're playing artillery. We've avoided the artillery question altogether by becoming them.

yea true....but you can't deny the fact that games without any arty presence plays differently compared to when you have arty.

Alpha Tester
512 posts
308 battles

Superficially, perhaps, but otherwise the mechanics have no relation, carriers are very clearly this game's arty, as despite the differences in mechanics the concept is essentially the same. 

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

In b4 one-salvoed by a Battehsheep from 30 km away.

Edited by Haku

Sign in to follow this