Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
A_Nugget

Has anyone rammed someone and lived?

16 comments in this topic

[-TOF-]
Beta Tester
39 posts
2,619 battles

Quick and curious thought, i haven't gotten past Tier 5 Cleveland or higher up ships in CBT so i don't really know about Higher Tier matches.

So my question is, has anyone rammed others and lived as in without you sacrificing your own Tier Ship?

If so, how is ramming damage calculated?

As in, would the heavier the ship I.E BB's mean the more durable it is against being rammed by a DD/Cruiser?

or

Its just the angle how you ram regardless what Tier ship your driving and your target?

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

When you collide with an enemy ship, you deal your maximum HP in damage, and take its maximum HP in damage in return. Ships with a higher amount of hitpoints are more likely to survive being rammed, and there's an achievement for it - Die Hard.

ST Coordinator
2,325 posts
2,196 battles

I have in of all ships a DD. (Rammed a lower tier DD)

Ramming damage is simple, if either one of you is going forward (or back) with enough speed, ramming dmg will be:

You will do (your MAX HP) worth of damage to the enemy.

You will recieve (Target's Max HP) worth of damage.

So if your current HP is more than the enemy you are about to ram, you will survive.

If you are going slow, and hit the enemy, the dmg is lesser but can cause flooding.

[-TOF-]
Beta Tester
39 posts
2,619 battles

Regardless in size and armor?

I.E a Gremyashchiy at with 6000hp Rams a South Carolina at 3000hp 

Beta Tester
753 posts
657 battles

Yes in my Warspite. Some poor blighter in a cruiser couldn't kill me, so he went very honourable and rammed me head on.

Alpha Tester
1,063 posts
509 battles

Like wind said in the post earlier you do your damage in the tonnage value of your ships and takes the damage of the enemy tonnage as well.

[-TOF-]
Beta Tester
39 posts
2,619 battles

Like wind said in the post earlier you do your damage in the tonnage value of your ships and takes the damage of the enemy tonnage as well.

Ahhh ok, that answers my question o3o.

ST Coordinator
2,325 posts
2,196 battles

Regardless in size and armor?

I.E a Gremyashchiy at with 6000hp Rams a South Carolina at 3000hp 

Current HP doesn't matter, since in the end it is still the "Mass" of your ship vs the "Mass" of the target.

Example 1:

BB: Max HP  30,000

BB's current HP when you ram it : 3000

Your Max HP  5000

Your current HP 4000

You ram the BB : Result = You take 30k dmg, BB takes 5k dmg = Both Die

Example 2:

DD: Max HP  4,000

DD's current HP when you ram it : 10

Your Max HP  5000

Your current HP 5000

You ram the DD : Result = You take 4k dmg, Enemy DD takes 5k dmg = Enemy dies, You survive with 1k dmg (and flooding)

[-TOF-]
Beta Tester
39 posts
2,619 battles

One of the signal flags, Hotel Yankee, also modifies how much ramming damage you deal and take accordingly.

Never knew that,only one i ever know was the one that gives more credit.

Beta Tester
682 posts
4,757 battles

Sometime .... 
same class collide at  high speed not gonna live ...
but DD ramming BB it dead to DD and BB lost some HP .. almost like hit by torp .... that happen to me once ... i'm focus shooting at long range BB and enemy DD suddenly kamikaze me and I got die hard without doing anything lol

and recently I using my BB and sliding touch with CV and survive too with heavy damage 

I don't think the game calculating Point of impact yet ... like if you ramming head on into the side of the ship, the one hit on the side should receive more damage

Sign in to follow this