Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
karrablaster123

Secondary Guns on Carriers

12 comments in this topic

Super Tester
813 posts
3,912 battles

What if the secondary guns on the carriers can be controlled as main battery guns so it will help in destroying enemy DD when they come close..... In this the main battery guns can only use one default ammo type(no switching to AP).

Range also can be kept as normal secondary battery gun range

Edited by karrablaster123

Super Tester
813 posts
3,912 battles

well the secondary guns carriers have now does not hit anything.... Yes I select them for secondary battery firing

also you can make 15 sec reload per shot and range will be around 5-6km max

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Beleieve me, when I was in CBT using CV, I kill a DD with secondaries only, not even focused and no bonus from perk and upgrade

Super Tester
1,177 posts
4,099 battles

"Captain! Enemy DD approaching Toward us!"

"GREAT! Prepare to return Fire"

Kinda sounds OP to me"

A workaround would probably be giving the guns very restrictive range. It would be like your usual secondary gun range, but with player control.

Otherwise, we might even see crazy CV players heading to the front line to sink battleships with their guns.

Edited by benlisquare

Super Tester
813 posts
3,912 battles

Beleieve me, when I was in CBT using CV, I kill a DD with secondaries only, not even focused and no bonus from perk and upgrade

He was a bad player?? RNGesus favored you? 

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

He was a bad player?? RNGesus favored you? 

RNG, but still

DD should be the ship that least vulnerable agaisnt CV and least dangerous to enemy CV planes

But potent against the ship it self, due to ugly turn rate

Super Tester
813 posts
3,912 battles

RNG, but still

DD should be the ship that least vulnerable agaisnt CV and least dangerous to enemy CV planes

But potent against the ship it self, due to ugly turn rate

If I understand you, you are saying that CV should be very weak against DD?

edit: I understood

Alpha Tester
512 posts
308 battles

Which would have happened, maybe about once at most? It's not exactly something that is going to happen outside of extreme cases of freak RNG, as well as the destroyer player probably being terrible.

We might even see crazy CV players heading to the front line to sink battleships with their guns.

So idiots get killed, and don't actually achieve anything while doing these suicide "ima gunboat nao" runs, not exactly seeing the issue here.

Personally, I think that all secondaries should be manually controlled, with the appropriate nerfs on a ship by ship basis (battleships are already powerful enough if you know how to use the, I can think of a few which would become insanely OP if they could manually control secondaries).

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Which would have happened, maybe about once at most? It's not exactly something that is going to happen outside of extreme cases of freak RNG, as well as the destroyer player probably being terrible.

So idiots get killed, and don't actually achieve anything while doing these suicide "ima gunboat nao" runs, not exactly seeing the issue here.

Personally, I think that all secondaries should be manually controlled, with the appropriate nerfs on a ship by ship basis (battleships are already powerful enough if you know how to use the, I can think of a few which would become insanely OP if they could manually control secondaries).

About 4 of 10

But must dodge the torpedoes first

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

Manually controlling secondaries would be fine, if either they retain their atrocious accuracy or all/most DD are able to stealth torp.

Then again, I don't see the usefulness of secondary guns against anything other than DD in the first place. If DD can torp you and avoid being detected or in range or your secondaries, then the ability to manual control secondaries becomes useless against anything other than suicidal DD players.

Retaining atrocious secondary accuracy while allowing manual aiming would not change much either, it just give BB/CV players something to do while engaging DD at close range. Then again, BB/CV players in those cases should focus on dodging potential torps instead; not maneuvering during dogfight with DD is just asking to be torped.

Anyhow, I don't see any way to change secondary control mechanics without breaking the game's balance.

Edited by Gezeiten_Heimatwelt

Sign in to follow this