You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Tankusmaximus

Atago - Grossley Overpowered - Pay to Win Indeed!

112 comments in this topic

10 posts
2,435 battles

If I see this ship in the line up and I am in a cruiser I am dead in two volleys.

Nothing I can do about it - just dead in two salvos.

If you want to play cruisers from Tier 6 upwards don't bother or buy an Atago its the only way to play.

Adons (edit)

Doesn't matter if I am side on, bow on or side on. Thing is so powerful it just cuts right through my cruisers.

Edited by Tankusmaximus

Beta Tester
753 posts
657 battles

If I see this ship in the line up and I am in a cruiser I am dead in two volleys.

If you want to play cruisers from Tier 6 upwards don't bother or buy an Atago its the only way to play.

There's these things called citadels. when AP goes through them the shell causes maximum damage.

10 posts
2,435 battles

Thank you for the well constructed and thought out argument with a lot of very valid points to support your point of view.

Welcome to the forums.

If thats all you can contribute you are obviously still in Tier 1!

Probably going round in circles.

10 posts
2,435 battles

There's these things called citadels. when AP goes through them the shell causes maximum damage.

Fully aware of this by Tier 6 - thanks mate.

It actually doesn't matter which way my ship is orrientated towards the monsterous crusier HE and AP cuts me to shreds.

Looks like destoyers for me at these tiers.

112 posts
1,613 battles

He is also correct, I have been 1 shot by that thing many times, it is in fact Pay to win. Doesn't matter if you dont want to hear it. Facts are facts. You dont need stats an an accountant to pour over numbers before your allowed to make a post here. Whether you like it or not. Something sint his game are MASSIVELY broken. 1 fighter can obliterate 30 bombers on my Carrier. This is a fact indisputable. Otago can smash any cruiser it runs into. Fact..

I have noticed on this forum anyone that dares to  post something negative about the game, is instantly met with passive aggressive abuse belittling an snide comments.

I am afraid your just gonna have to deal with the fact that this is not the Nirvana of gaming, an is in fact hugely broken.

[PANZA]
Senior Moderator
390 posts
3,801 battles

He is also correct, I have been 1 shot by that thing many times, it is in fact Pay to win. Doesn't matter if you dont want to hear it. Facts are facts. You dont need stats an an accountant to pour over numbers before your allowed to make a post here. Whether you like it or not. Something sint his game are MASSIVELY broken. 1 fighter can obliterate 30 bombers on my Carrier. This is a fact indisputable. Otago can smash any cruiser it runs into. Fact..

I have noticed on this forum anyone that dares to  post something negative about the game, is instantly met with passive aggressive abuse belittling an snide comments.

I am afraid your just gonna have to deal with the fact that this is not the Nirvana of gaming, an is in fact hugely broken.

Hi,

My name is Chappo and I am a worldofwarships moderator, alpha tester, super tester and all round nice guy. If you wish to post on these forums you need to abide by the forum rules and guidelines like anyone else. If you feel like players are breaking these rules please hit the report button on their post and a moderator will action it if they feel its necessary.

You mention accountants, accountants look at dollars mainly and not stats. What you may mean are analysts? I am analyst in real life so I love numbers and all the nitty gritty of what they tell us.

You also mention that fighters shoot down all your bombers, this is in fact reality. In WW2 American fighters shredded IJN bombers with relative ease. In this game that's what fighters are designed to do also. This game is not mean to be easy as you are playing against players, if you wish you can actually play against bots to brush up on your skills with regards to developing tactics and what to do against incoming strike aircraft.

To the OP - Atago isn't overpowered, you just haven't quite got the experience on what to do at higher tiers. If I was in a Cleveland or Aoba in a high tier battle, I would follow my BBs or stick close to my CVs to provide support against incoming aircraft or potential DDs. If you are versing an Atago 1v1 you are definitely doing it wrong. As you learn and play the game more you will understand map and team position has a large bearing on the outcome of the battle.

So before making these massive accusations perhaps look at why you are getting beaten and see what you could have done to change that.

[PANZA]
Senior Moderator
390 posts
3,801 battles

Not bad looking either.

YOU SIR! Get a cookie... oh and a plus 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10 posts
2,435 battles

Hi,

My name is Chappo and I am a worldofwarships moderator, alpha tester, super tester and all round nice guy. If you wish to post on these forums you need to abide by the forum rules and guidelines like anyone else. If you feel like players are breaking these rules please hit the report button on their post and a moderator will action it if they feel its necessary.

You mention accountants, accountants look at dollars mainly and not stats. What you may mean are analysts? I am analyst in real life so I love numbers and all the nitty gritty of what they tell us.

You also mention that fighters shoot down all your bombers, this is in fact reality. In WW2 American fighters shredded IJN bombers with relative ease. In this game that's what fighters are designed to do also. This game is not mean to be easy as you are playing against players, if you wish you can actually play against bots to brush up on your skills with regards to developing tactics and what to do against incoming strike aircraft.

To the OP - Atago isn't overpowered, you just haven't quite got the experience on what to do at higher tiers. If I was in a Cleveland or Aoba in a high tier battle, I would follow my BBs or stick close to my CVs to provide support against incoming aircraft or potential DDs. If you are versing an Atago 1v1 you are definitely doing it wrong. As you learn and play the game more you will understand map and team position has a large bearing on the outcome of the battle.

So before making these massive accusations perhaps look at why you are getting beaten and see what you could have done to change that.

Hi Nice all round nice guy,

I was in a Tier 6 Aoba and and it doesn't really matter if you are in a pack or not (side or, front on, or side on) - if you get targetted in a pack you are still a two shot kill for an Atago. The only difference is that you have team mates you might be able to enact revenge. At Tier 6 many players will have learnt the ropes (one hopes), so if a problem is being flagged its worth having a look at views to identify a pattern (inconjuction with whatever internal tools you have to monitor ship balance that players can't see and use).

Killing weak ships in a pack fast is a valid strategy - the less guns and torps shooting at you the better. In a pack I would still be a 2 shot kill with HE or AP.

If you don't think the ship is overpowered for its tier then it may well mean the matchmaking of this cruiser with Tier 6 cruiers is wrong. As a Beta this can happen but it should be patched out quick.

A not fun game is not a fun game. Challenging is okay - but not onesided due to poor matchmaking.

Its also not true that accountants don't look at Stats - (being ships sales). Financial forecasting is statistics based and observing patterns that affect your profitability. The purpose of a premium ships like the Atago is about providing something desirable and the flavour text of this ship is exceptionally flavoured to indicate this is a HERO ship - its thus a marketing and accounting function else it would be in the tree with the rest of the ships.

I agree with you that one can't assume that the Atago was devised by cunning accountants at Wargaming to make money in a hurry - a great business prices approprately and makes more money by haveing loyal customers for a longer time.

Yes games they have game designers for most statistic tweaking but I am sure there would be linkage somewhere (even minor).

Thank you for the moderation (its a hard job) and I would appreciate you monitoring this issue (along with Wargaming) to see if my experience and that of others is replicated or not.

Cheers,

Edited by Tankusmaximus

10 posts
2,435 battles

You got to take the tier difference into account if you are in a Aoba no?

Yes - but competive rating is Atago 100 / Aboa 0

Not a fun experience and that counts for alot.

If it was a battleship or torps launched from a destroyer then I would think it competive because I might be able to dodge torps and the disperson from a battleships fire might enable me to dodge it (plus I have higher speed to get away).

Give it a go. I would like to read others feedback.

Edited by Tankusmaximus

[151ST]
In-Training Moderator
95 posts
4,632 battles

Not bad looking either.

Please don't feed the animals.

:teethhappy:

Edited by Noppers

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

Uh... both Aoba and Atago use the same guns. Only difference is Atago has 4 more. But then, so does Myoko and Mogami which also has 10 of the same guns.

Oh, don't forget Furutaka which is a tier lower than Aoba, it's also using the same guns! OMG IJN LINE OP!!!!!!11!!

Alpha Tester
1,063 posts
509 battles

If you actually faced off against a Mogami or a New Orleans in your Aoba, I'd reckon you would still have the same comments.

1,054 posts
3,918 battles

Why are you complaining about your 'tier 6' aoba getting smacked by a 'tier 8' atago?

Why not complain about how a 'tier 6' new Mexico can 1 shot your 'tier 6' cruisers?

I don't get the point honestly.

Beta Tester
545 posts
2,381 battles

Adons (edit)

Doesn't matter if I am side on, bow on or side on. Thing is so powerful it just cuts right through my cruisers.

this cruiser is crap , Atago is very average 

1,054 posts
3,918 battles

Yeah, I've read atago is pretty average too....nothing OP about it. Want OP, go buy a Murmansk. Or just get a cheatland.

Beta Tester
506 posts
1,386 battles

As a Wallet warrior, i'm offended by OP claiming that Atago is too stronk. I purchased Atago not because it's stronk, i purchased becoz i'm too lazy to grind the IJN CA line all the way to tier 8 again.

I miss my Mogami :(

Beta Tester
317 posts
953 battles

Adons (edit)

​Then tell me, why the average WR and damage in Atago is lower than Aoba?33tib8z.jpg
Edited by Artisto81