You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
A_Nugget

Arkansas Beta is a pay to win to ship?

29 comments in this topic

[-TOF-]
Beta Tester
39 posts
2,602 battles

I recently went back into World of Warships and i decided to use my
ARKANSAS Beta for Credit farming and mucking around, then soon as i began i got called a "Pay to Win [Redacted]"?

Ehh, so did he mean that my ship was pay to win or cause i bought the closed beta key?

Side note:Found out that the Beta ship was a gift for 49+ matches but still what???

Profanity. Post edited, user warned.

~Syanda

Edited by Syanda

ST Coordinator
2,325 posts
2,196 battles

What the hell are you talking about, is basically Myoming with No AA, be grateful it's still free

He's not saying it is a P2W ship Harpoon, he says he was called "Pay to win" person.

ArkBeta is a terribad ship. Better to keep it as a Hotel.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

He's not saying it is a P2W ship Harpoon, he says he was called "Pay to win" person.

ArkBeta is a terribad ship. Better to keep it as a Hotel.

The tittle quite bring some misunderstanding

Super Tester
802 posts

Windforce clearly requires more freedom. The Arkansas's only disadvantage is it has no AA. Add on fire control module 1 and you have a stock Wyoming with ~14km range and secondaries to scare pesky IJN torpedo boats.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Beats me, was driving that in a match then got called a "Pay to win F*"

Is the ship really that good? She is the breakfast for every Aircraft Carrier

496 posts
4,163 battles

I recently went back into World of Warships and i decided to use my

ARKANSAS Beta for Credit farming and mucking around, then soon as i began i got called a "Pay to Win [Redacted]"?

Ehh, so did he mean that my ship was pay to win or cause i bought the closed beta key?

Side note:Found out that the Beta ship was a gift for 49+ matches but still what???

well that person who called you a pay to win is probably a new player who doesn't know that there isn't much pay 2 win it's all about skills here.

buying closed beta key @ me i buyed yubari doesn't meant much it's just that we started earlier and have more knowledge and experience, this you should ignore him for it.

^ another thing is that a normal person could learn most of the game's basic just by watching some youtube videos about WOWs,

this statement is invalid so don't bother about it and just go back and have fun :)

Quote updated

~Syanda

Edited by Syanda

Super Tester
1,677 posts

Windforce clearly requires more freedom. The Arkansas's only disadvantage is it has no AA. Add on fire control module 1 and you have a stock Wyoming with ~14km range and secondaries to scare pesky IJN torpedo boats.

... daayum, I need to krooza moar in teh USN.

she's good in slugfests but have to be accompanied by at least 3-4 cruisers with solid AA for their tier because when carriers such as Langley and Hosho find it... it's going to die a slow death.

[-TOF-]
Beta Tester
39 posts
2,602 battles

I never really got to use her Secondary Batterys, either i sink or they sink prior that happening.

70 posts
890 battles

Um, don't forget 90% of players are non-premium, non CB - so no free ships (even after 489 matches)

Hard to see the other side of the premium fence, IMHO.

What's it like over there?

Stats seem to show the grass is not greener on the other side, but people have varied perspectives.

You paid money, you got a ship, you beat him. Ergo, 'pay to win'

Truth lies elsewhere, but finding it is naturally hidden in the clouds of Maskirovka.

Of course, expect nothing else.

Super Tester
1,177 posts
4,099 battles

A lot of people haven't paid a single dime to get the Arkansas (or even the Iwaki, for that matter). In my own case, I wrote nice things in my tester application form.

Are people really directing their anti-paying hate towards people that drive the Arkansas Beta? There is a reason that "Beta" is appended to the end of the name, do players really lack the thought processes to put 2 and 2 together?

Imagine if, in 3 months time, people playing the tier 2 Albany get called "pay2win".

Edited by benlisquare

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Um, don't forget 90% of players are non-premium, non CB - so no free ships (even after 489 matches)

Hard to see the other side of the premium fence, IMHO.

What's it like over there?

Stats seem to show the grass is not greener on the other side, but people have varied perspectives.

You paid money, you got a ship, you beat him. Ergo, 'pay to win'

Truth lies elsewhere, but finding it is naturally hidden in the clouds of Maskirovka.

Of course, expect nothing else.

That doesn't make any sense. The Arkansas Beta is literally a Wyoming with no AA that was gifted to closed beta testers who put the time in to apply and play the game during CBT. Most of us didn't even pay money for it, and it performs about the same as a Wyoming, albeit harder to play because of the complete lack of AA. You might as well call the Wyoming pay2win at that point.

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

IMO all "gift" vehicles have been sub par in performance in PvP mode.

What makes the difference with WoWS is Co-oP - ALA PvE.

In there it's not a matter of how bad the ship is, but more about your ability to make the most of it.