You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Krieg

New Windows 10 Problem

20 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
982 posts

I just installed Windows 10.

When I tried to use the launcher I got a .dll error. I downloaded the Direct X End-User Runtime Web Installer from Microsoft's site.  dxdiag reports no errors.

I can now run the launcher. However, when I hit PLAY, I get this error.

Anyone have any ideas?

WoT runs fine.

Crit%20Error_1.jpg

1 post

I have a very similar problem as well. I cannot seem to find a solution other than running the game with my integrated graphics card on my laptop rather than using the Nvidia graphics card. What pc are you running?

Alpha Tester
982 posts

Yeah mate, I do. Not sure it's a bug at this point thus th

You do know we have a Bugs forum, right?

Yeah mate, I do. Not sure it's a bug at this point thus the post in this forum which gets way more looks, by lots of people that are smarter than me, than the bug forum does.

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

So you need another thread?

What was wrong with THIS ONE you started? Not wanting to be picky, but I'd expect it would have been easier for everyone to see the chain of events in the one thread about Win10 than a new one for each issue.

Alpha Tester
982 posts

So you need another thread?

What was wrong with THIS ONE you started? Not wanting to be picky, but I'd expect it would have been easier for everyone to see the chain of events in the one thread about Win10 than a new one for each issue.

You are probably right mate. I did a new thread as the original problem was solved, or so I thought. A dedicated Windows 10 forum or a pinned post is probably in order. I won't be the first having problems.

Alpha Tester
1,063 posts
509 battles

Make sure all your mod files are still intact after the upgrade if you used any.

Could also be a antivirus / firewall blocking the application from starting.

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

Usual check list:

AV/Firewall?

Mods?

Run as administrator?

DirectX 9c?

VisualStudio C++ Redistributables?

restarted PC/Router/both?

Drivers up to date?

Not using SLI?

Edited by dead_man_walking

Alpha Tester
982 posts

Usual check list:

AV/Firewall?

Mods?

Run as administrator?

DirectX 9c?

VisualStudio C++ Redistributables?

restarted PC/Router/both?

Drivers up to date?

Not using SLI?

Did clean install.

Problem occurred before AVG anti virus installed.
No mods.
Firewall Windows 10, no idea lol.
VisualStudio waaaay above my knowledge base, if I have it haha.
All drivers freshly downloaded.
Don't think I am using SLI as I have no idea what it is.

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

You are probably right mate. I did a new thread as the original problem was solved, or so I thought. A dedicated Windows 10 forum or a pinned post is probably in order. I won't be the first having problems.

I didn't want to appear to be being too critical, rather I thought it might be genuinely useful for anyone else who has issues with Win10 to be able to look potential issues/solutions in one place.

Come to think of it a sticky dedicated to Win10 might not be a bad idea as it's almost certain others are going to encounter problems as they upgrade.

Cheers

Beta Tester
545 posts
2,381 battles

check for updates to windows and the video card , the 780 has some issues with windows 10 , just check for patches , i have 2 780 TI in SLI and i had same issue as well 

Edited by kongman

Alpha Tester
982 posts

check for updates to windows and the video card , the 780 has some issues with windows 10 , just check for patches , i have 2 780 TI in SLI and i had same issue as well 

Did that. Same result :(

It just got weirder. As a goof, I downloaded and installed WoWS NA server. It runs fine :(

I am starting to get this sneaky feeling that the problem is something absurdly simple I'm overlooking..........  :sceptic:

Gonna wipe the Asia server and folder and re-re-re-install tonight. Maybe third time is the charm :sceptic:

32 posts
794 battles

Had this same error last night when I updated to W10.

Downloaded the new NVidia W10 GUI driver and it went away....

I had similar happen. Updated to w10, updated the nvidia drivers as w10 wouldn't recognize my card, started the game, got that error, tried again and... it just worked lol. Weird. 

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Topic moved to Bug Reports.

Users on Windows 10 - try running the game in Win7 compatibility mode, see if issues persist. Graphical issues may be related to the graphics drivers - make sure you update them (IIRC - might have to update the drivers through windows update).

Note that the game does not currently support CrossFire or SLI, so be sure to have it disabled.