You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
bokute2009

coffee time

21 comments in this topic

69 posts
4,482 battles

so i played the battleship and well is it me or the battleship is so [content removed] easy to be on fire everyone can set me on fire even the destroyer can light me up so easy so what's the point to have much armor? 

Profanity. Content edited, user warned.

~Noppers

Edited by Noppers

Beta Tester
506 posts
1,386 battles

Sigh :sceptic:

Look, mate. Just grind it up. You are still in either Tier 3 Battleships right? It gets better at T5.

Alpha Tester
982 posts

Interesting and insightful. Your post will be the envy of the community. :sceptic:

Just kidding. It get's better mate.

Edited by Krieg

Beta Tester
506 posts
1,386 battles

i'm on T5 now and still get fire everytime :sceptic:

You are meant to get fire. I do get fire a lot in my Warspite. But you have that useful thing call healing consumables. You suck some of the damage, and repair / extinguish the fires when you feel safe. Then you heal.

I had a match where i was under fire the whole time because i was soloing on a section without any team mates. The stupid cruisers kept shooting their HE shells at me and i was burning half the time. But i persevered and stayed afloat longer because i used my repair sparingly and heal whenever i can. In the whole they did around 65k damage at me, 15% more than my HP.

Buy a module that reduce fire damage, use the signal flag that reduce fire damage, use the commander skill that reduce fire damage if those fire damage irks you so much. 

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

may be oh i want to ask something else what do you guys often do when waiting for the reload ?

Have a Click in my Artillery.

#1700Hype

Edited by Alvin1020

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Devs just posted this on the RU forum - average damage for fires and flooding for all battleship tiers through the month of July. Forum isn't letting me embed the image for some reason.

Source.

Edited by Syanda

Super Tester
802 posts

US BB? Try using your range to outgun the cleansing fire pesky HE spam of cruisers. Fire control modification 1 is essential and mandatory to remain competitive against IJN BBs.

IJN BB? Try using your range to outgun  he cleansing fire pesky HE spam of cruisers

496 posts
4,171 battles

may be oh i want to ask something else what do you guys often do when waiting for the reload ?

just watch something , listen to some music , play other games or just play something else maybe your phone :)

OR just think of a plan for your team .

Edited by ShiraYukira

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

"Sir, reload in 30 seconds!"

"Excellent, bring my Sandwiches!!"

Beta Tester
773 posts
796 battles

US BB? Try using your range to outgun the cleansing fire pesky HE spam of cruisers. Fire control modification 1 is essential and mandatory to remain competitive against IJN BBs.

IJN BB? Try using your range to outgun  he cleansing fire pesky HE spam of cruisers

Of course, the moment you do anything sensible like that you'll get abused for being a n00b because you're not getting up close and personal.

Beta Tester
35 posts
1,224 battles

so i played the battleship and well is it me or the battleship is so [content removed] easy to be on fire everyone can set me on fire even the destroyer can light me up so easy so what's the point to have much armor? 

Profanity. Content edited, user warned.

~Noppers

The point of that big armour is so that the actual HE shell does no (or very little) damage, which is what happens after the CL/CA or DD has hit all of your superstructure already and you are still alive.

Wait untill you start playing t8+ BB's and you will see very clearly why fires are needed so that you arn't a 100% invincible bathtub of destruction.

Should probably remind you to also put on damage control mod and spec into fire prevention and survivability (it's only 3 points dude..).

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

Devs just posted this on the RU forum - average damage for fires and flooding for all battleship tiers through the month of July. Forum isn't letting me embed the image for some reason.

Source.

Interesting. Shame our own community managers/admin don't immediately make this stuff available.

The first question that occurs to me is what % value do the devs consider as their target. Do they think current values are too low, high, or reasonable?

Beta Tester
753 posts
657 battles

Curse my lack of extreme range aiming. I'm like that one guy from Spaceballs. *you know the one ;p*

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Interesting. Shame our own community managers/admin don't immediately make this stuff available.

The first question that occurs to me is what % value do the devs consider as their target. Do they think current values are too low, high, or reasonable?

They think the current fire damage percentages are working just fine at the lower tiers. Past tier VII, they aren't commenting as there aren't sufficient people up there yet.

679 posts
3,522 battles

Sigh :sceptic:

Look, mate. Just grind it up. You are still in either Tier 3 Battleships right? It gets better at T5.

Nope, My opinion T5 is much much worse for BBs, you meet Clevelands every game.