You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
NyanDora_Mech_Tank

How to increase the winrate?

52 comments in this topic

3 posts
1,074 battles

Like the title, how to increase the winrate in WoWS? 
Honestly, i think it's really hard to get the winrate above 50% in WoWS. :sceptic:
Unlike WoT where i can easily get 53% overall winrate at 15k battles, WoWS may have more unpredictable situations such as 1 CL and 1 Carrier can sunk enemies' 3 DDs and 2 BBs with full HP. :bajan:More ships remain doesn't say anything about the battle's result, which is very different in WoT.
Furthermore i think 20 minutes of battle time limit is still not enough, since many winning scenarios come to draw unfairly. :sceptic:

4nd15oi.jpg

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

Get lucky like me.

67 battles @ 67.16%.

I make no claims about skill; I'm sure there are people with better damage and other stats with worse win rates. I imagine my luck will run out and I'll get 'normalised' soon.

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

Jingles is too funny lol!

I just laugh when he do his increasingly rare Epic laugh. Back in when he's not as popular his Laugh is just so Epic and even it's not really funny I still burst into tears.

Also, his voice is just incredible.

Edited by Alvin1020

496 posts
4,165 battles

1. enjoy the game

2. get a motivation ( i have skin motivation)

3. find a ship you really like ( mine are zuihou and hosho + skin motivation)

4. then start playing as the class you really enjoy playing

5. don't rage when your kills get stolen

6. do your best for your ship's role 

7. support your teammates, "one doesn't need to speak because actions are louder than words"

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

Just don't play with ragster, since he will secretly undermine your connection to find your family members (especially sisters). :P

Edited by Haku

Super Tester
1,779 posts
323 battles

Just don't play with ragster, since he will secretly undermine your connection to find your family members (especially sisters). :P

I hate you~ lol x'D

wait, I did a division with you while you did a live stream back then if I recall..

12 posts
575 battles

1. Unless you're scouting, you're a lone IJN destroyer in the area or if the situation needed it, always sail in a group. It won't end well if you sail alone head on against 6 BBs, unless if you're an IJN Destroyer.

2. Pick which ammo is right for whichever class you're facing or using. In a destroyer, always HE. Your AP is useless at that calibre. In a Light Cruiser, mostly HE unless facing other Light Cruiser, then maybe use some AP. In Heavy Cruiser, AP at other cruisers and battleships at long range, otherwise HE. In a battleship, AP against Heavy Cruisers and other Battleships, otherwise HE.

3. Watch your surrounding. This is important as there are many reasons why:

a. NEVER EVER FIRE TORPEDOES AHEAD OF YOUR TEAMMATES UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES!!! It won't end well.

b. Watch where you going. If you hit the border, collide with teammates or worse ran aground, in front of hundred of guns with aircraft coming, better say your prayers and hope that you can barely survive.

c. Watch for aircraft. Ctrl-click the aircraft you want to shoot down, but your main priority is Torp Bombers, before Dive Bombers. This will help much more if you're in a cruiser with fighter and/or anti-aircraft ability When facing Torp Bombers, turn towards them. When facing Dive Bombers, turn broadside on them. The same is true for destroyers.

4. In a destroyer, if you activate smoke screen, slow down to maximise the smoke ability. Preferably if you turn as much as you can or go at 3/4 speed.

5. If you're in a BB, never go through narrow gaps alone. If a destroyer or a Japanese cruiser popped into the narrow gap, get the lifeboats ready.

6. Present yourself as narrow as possible and only turn a bit to get all your guns on your enemy. If you're in a BB, this can bounce a lot of shots.

7. In a CV, never ever stand there from the spawn point. Follow the team, but not too far, as going too close meant you'll be fired upon.

8. Don't rage at your teammates. They will go against you.

9. Do all mission objectives as early and fast as possible. The faster you can do it, the more chance you will win. I don't encourage cap all, but in domination, capturing one point faster than the enemy meant you got the edge and took the advantage

10. On the other hand, never ever stay in the cap circle in standard or encounter the entire time. You'll be sitting ducks and giving the enemy free damage.

Edited by lastfight5

Alpha Tester
512 posts
308 battles

In a battleship, AP against Heavy Cruisers and other Battleships, otherwise HE.

Realistically for best results you should be shooting AP at everything that isn't a destroyer, if you can aim well even against carriers AP will always do more damage on average.

3 posts
1,074 battles

1. Unless you're scouting, you're a lone IJN destroyer in the area or if the situation needed it, always sail in a group. It won't end well if you sail alone head on against 6 BBs, unless if you're an IJN Destroyer.

2. Pick which ammo is right for whichever class you're facing or using. In a destroyer, always HE. Your AP is useless at that calibre. In a Light Cruiser, mostly HE unless facing other Light Cruiser, then maybe use some AP. In Heavy Cruiser, AP at other cruisers and battleships at long range, otherwise HE. In a battleship, AP against Heavy Cruisers and other Battleships, otherwise HE.

3. Watch your surrounding. This is important as there are many reasons why:

a. NEVER EVER FIRE TORPEDOES AHEAD OF YOUR TEAMMATES UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES!!! It won't end well.

b. Watch where you going. If you hit the border, collide with teammates or worse ran aground, in front of hundred of guns with aircraft coming, better say your prayers and hope that you can barely survive.

c. Watch for aircraft. Ctrl-click the aircraft you want to shoot down, but your main priority is Torp Bombers, before Dive Bombers. This will help much more if you're in a cruiser with fighter and/or anti-aircraft ability When facing Torp Bombers, turn towards them. When facing Dive Bombers, turn broadside on them. The same is true for destroyers.

4. In a destroyer, if you activate smoke screen, slow down to maximise the smoke ability. Preferably if you turn as much as you can or go at 3/4 speed.

5. If you're in a BB, never go through narrow gaps alone. If a destroyer or a Japanese cruiser popped into the narrow gap, get the lifeboats ready.

6. Present yourself as narrow as possible and only turn a bit to get all your guns on your enemy. If you're in a BB, this can bounce a lot of shots.

7. In a CV, never ever stand there from the spawn point. Follow the team, but not too far, as going too close meant you'll be fired upon.

8. Don't rage at your teammates. They will go against you.

9. Do all mission objectives as early and fast as possible. The faster you can do it, the more chance you will win. I don't encourage cap all, but in domination, capturing one point faster than the enemy meant you got the edge and took the advantage

10. On the other hand, never ever stay in the cap circle in standard or encounter the entire time. You'll be sitting ducks and giving the enemy free damage.

Thank you for your detailed instructions, I tried to apply it, but still, i can't deal with the enemy since my teammates are all drinking sea water after 2 minutes and all they can do is pinging the map and blame for others BB swimming in the map's border waiting to eat some torps. :sceptic:

In the picture of my stats above, i dealt nearly 3 millions of damage in 142 battles, and i think it's somewhat telling about my story... :(

My favorite ships are the US tier 4,5,6 cruisers and tier 4 IJN cruiser. Spamming HE ammo and close range torpedo attack give me more chance to sink the enemy down, but just one by one. I still depend much on my team to win. The main problem is torpedo bombers and dive bombers, because for me it's very hard to avoid the torps and bombs from them.  

Being the lone wolf for 142 battles and 45% winrate is all i get. :bajan: That's really nice.

Edited by _Latios_

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

Realistically for best results you should be shooting AP at everything that isn't a destroyer, if you can aim well even against carriers AP will always do more damage on average.

Aim well with a BB's dispersion?

That's the problem with AP, isn't it? Hit the right place it's great. Too often you miss entirely OR hit somewhere useless, which is why so many people use HE, doubly so when a fire that starts when someone's damage control is on cool down can do crazy amounts of damage.

[STGGC]
Beta Tester
162 posts
2,861 battles

guess you need to play better,, relying on team sometimes is useless since well,, people play their boat like "Peek-a-boo" in WoT,, i don't know why these people still trying in the wrong way but,, asking someone you know for division isn't bad too,, use voice chat if you can (Skype,, TS,, Raidcall etc),, me too can crank my W/R from 42 to 45,9% (with 8.8% draw,, DANG!)

Alpha Tester
512 posts
308 battles

Aim well with a BB's dispersion?

Sure, it won't happen with every salvo, but for the most part BB inaccuracy is exaggerated, I hit what I'm aiming at often enough to make shooting AP far more worthwhile than the alternative. I honestly think that if battleships were any more accurate than they are currently they would be much too powerful.