You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
unknownaussie

Is the match maker turned off

20 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
153 posts
3,490 battles

is the very very very bad mm in this game turned off and just putting anything into a game together now in my tier V bouge fighting a Ranger and the tier VII japanese carrier 2 tier 7 cvs vs a tear 5 nice work 

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

Stronk English mate.

What do your team has? May be you have a lot more higher tier ship while the enemy had some lower tier one?

Alpha Tester
982 posts

Oh happy joy, joy. Another new post about matchmaker!!!

Start handing out the door prizes and candy!!!!  

:trollface:

Edited by Krieg

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

The problem on this is resulted from your team such as maybe your team have highest high tier ships or maybe more certian BB, CL or DD anyway why would you even want to make a forum with this?? Already been vsing Tier 6-7 CV with my bouge.

Alpha Tester
1,063 posts
509 battles

Again, the match maker currently being used by WoWS matches both team's total ship tonnage values and combat capabilities.

Also there isn't a thing called "fair" in war much less in war gaming simulations.

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

Again, the match maker currently being used by WoWS matches both team's total ship tonnage values and combat capabilities.

Also there isn't a thing called "fair" in war much less in war gaming simulations.

Which is a really stupid idea for a game. Competitive games should start from a balanced position, not one side demonstrably having an advantage within the context of the game (think one side having 2 extra ships, both DDs, in a Domination match for example).

Regardless, it appears they have simply copied the MM from WoT and tinkered with it. That explains it already showing the remaining undesirable attributes of the WoT MM that could be fixed but WG doesn't think matters. They appear to believe it's fine to get 10 games in a row as bottom tier, for example, and so on.

They certainly didn't address anything I raised in the thread I made in Alpha, which has been helpfully deleted 'archived'; not that I expected them to, but it would be nice to be able to refer to that post.

Edited by Steeltrap

Alpha Tester
982 posts

Which is a really stupid idea for a game. Competitive games should start from a balanced position, not one side demonstrably having an advantage within the context of the game (think one side having 2 extra ships, both DDs, in a Domination match for example).

Regardless, it appears they have simply copied the MM from WoT and tinkered with it. That explains it already showing the remaining undesirable attributes of the WoT MM that could be fixed but WG doesn't think matters. They appear to believe it's fine to get 10 games in a row as bottom tier, for example, and so on.

They certainly didn't address anything I raised in the thread I made in Alpha, which has been helpfully deleted 'archived'; not that I expected them to, but it would be nice to be able to refer to that post.

Not that I ever write anything useful, but if I ever did, I guess it's a good idea to archive it :sceptic:

112 posts
1,431 battles

MM seems to be a persistent issue everywhere.....the same thing goes on over at WT all the bloody time.

I must be one of the few who see it as not to big of a problem, more of a challenge.

Yeah, a higher tier vehicle will probably reduce me to the most basic elemental particles 9 times out of 10......

....but that one time, i manage to pull some BS move and beat them.....well, it makes all the suffering worth it.

I usually shout myself an extra couple of "tasty beverages" when I manage it......:D

Beta Tester
682 posts
4,757 battles

They matching tier with all ship class .... it the problem for sometime ... if they got tier7 CV then and no tier7 CV on your side then Tier7 gonna be on other class

but that make it little un balanced since you plane gonna lost to enemy CV anyway ... even worst than that ... your tier7 are BB since it a main target for CV and that mostly what it happen :sceptic:

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

MM seems to be a persistent issue everywhere.....the same thing goes on over at WT all the bloody time.

W_ is A lot worse I can assure. TBF Warship's MM ain't perfect but at least there are not as much BS MM and the God Awful BR in THAT game.

112 posts
1,431 battles

W_ is A lot worse I can assure. TBF Warship's MM ain't perfect but at least there are not as much BS MM and the God Awful BR in THAT game.

Agree, particularly on "their" BR.

And considering we are only a few weeks into OB, and only have 2 nations, I think bitching about the MM is a tad on the premature side.

But some people love to bitch, just for the sake of it.....

26 posts
1,522 battles

Oh happy joy, joy. Another new post about matchmaker!!!

Start handing out the door prizes and candy!!!!  

:trollface:

People would not complain as often if the MM actually worked properly.

350 posts

Stronk English mate.

What do your team has? May be you have a lot more higher tier ship while the enemy had some lower tier one?

So does your team had more BBs vs Cruisers? BBs takes a lot of Weight in the MM.

Stronk English is the best English.

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

Noting there are only three language sections on the WoWS forums at this point in time, I wouldn't be picking on those who are at least attempting to explain/comment on a perceived issue in a language that is obviously not their native tongue.

~dead_man_walking

Beta Tester
753 posts
657 battles

People would not complain as often if the MM actually worked properly.

While this is true. Some will find something new to whine about.

for me it's MM and low tier BB dispersion.