You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Krieg

Windows 10 DO NOT DO IT

19 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
982 posts

Hi Team,

I just installed Windows 10. Game would not work. Some stupid .dll file missing. Installed, from Microsoft site DirectX files. Tanks works. WoWS doesn't. Great if I'm playing WoT. However, I'm not. Bleeding premium....

Does anyone please have some advice?

Sorted. Direct X issue

http://www.microsoft.com/en-sg/download/details.aspx?id=35

:honoring:  Halken_Sky & AALG

Edited by Krieg

Super Tester
1,779 posts
341 battles

I just installed W10 works fine for me~

well at first I didn't run well, since some of my Graphics drivers needed some updates and caused serious lags (literally) in my game, after some updates and several restarts started to work fine..

I'm not quiet familiar on your problem tho~ any screen shots?

505 posts
4,176 battles

Hi Team,

I just installed Windows 10. Game would not work. Some stupid .dll file missing. Installed, from Microsoft site DirectX files. Tanks works. WoWS doesn't. Great if I'm playing WoT. However, I'm not. Bleeding premium....

no comment :honoring:

your sacrifice won't be in vain  i hope....(hope people read this b4 updating to windows 10)

[PANZA]
Senior Moderator
820 posts
932 battles

Hi Team,

Seárch for the Microsoft DirectX 9c Runtime installer, download it from the microsoft download center 

and run it. It will add the missing Directx .dll file, without ruining your default Win10 DirectX12 install. 

[POI]
Super Tester
350 posts
3,601 battles

I upgraded my Windows 8.1 computer to Windows 10 and the game works great if not better for me.

[PANZA]
Senior Moderator
820 posts
932 battles

I upgraded my Windows 8.1 computer to Windows 10 and the game works great if not better for me.

Thats because you allready had the requisite DirectX9C runtime files on your Win8.1 setup

[POI]
Super Tester
350 posts
3,601 battles

Thats because you allready had the requisite DirectX9C runtime files on your Win8.1 setup

I believe so, thank you for saying AALG :honoring:

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

<------ Victim of Xbox One

Muahahahahaha #XPMasterRace

And thats why I don't trust Microsoft Especially at launch.

RIP OP.

Done a bit of Censoring :P

yew5kMi.jpg

Edited by Alvin1020

Super Tester
1,177 posts
4,099 battles

Just you :P. Don't mislead people in missing out on Direct X 12!

I'd rather miss out on DX12 than sell myself to Microsoft. Have you read their new privacy policy? It's disgusting. Microsoft reserves the right to view all files on your personal computer hard drives, record all keystrokes you make, and store all information gathered about you indefinitely. Furthermore, they reserve the right to share such information with their "partners". Windows 10 has all sorts of data collection processes (such as "Telometry") that you cannot disable unless you're running a corporate version.

I'll be using Windows 7 until the year 2020, and won't be "upgrading" any time soon. Remember: When you're upgrading to Windows 10 for "free", you're not the customer, you're the product being sold.

Edited by benlisquare

[ADM_L]
Beta Tester
279 posts
895 battles

<------ Victim of Xbox One

Muahahahahaha #XPMasterRace

And thats why I don't trust Microsoft Especially at launch.

RIP OP.

Done a bit of Censoring :P

yew5kMi.jpg

You forgot Windows 2000. Widely considered as one of the most stable Windows OS in the early years, despite it being based off Windows NT...

Beta Tester
773 posts
796 battles

I'd rather miss out on DX12 than sell myself to Microsoft. Have you read their new privacy policy? It's disgusting. Microsoft reserves the right to view all files on your personal computer hard drives, record all keystrokes you make, and store all information gathered about you indefinitely. Furthermore, they reserve the right to share such information with their "partners". Windows 10 has all sorts of data collection processes (such as "Telometry") that you cannot disable unless you're running a corporate version.

I'll be using Windows 7 until the year 2020, and won't be "upgrading" any time soon. Remember: When you're upgrading to Windows 10 for "free", you're not the customer, you're the product being sold.

You beat me to it. Win10 is a privacy nightmare and I really cannot understand why anyone would be eager to expose themselves by installing it right now.

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

You beat me to it. Win10 is a privacy nightmare and I really cannot understand why anyone would be eager to expose themselves by installing it right now.

Because it's free!!1!!! /s

Really, it's pretty crazy how a ton of electronics stores here are using "FREE WINDOWS 10 UPGRADE WITH ANY PURCHASE"/"FREE WINDOWS 10 IF YOU COME TO OUR STORE" to advertise. Worse, it actually seems to be working too...

Super Tester
1,177 posts
4,099 battles

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

"If you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear." - Joseph Goebbels (German Reich Minister of Propaganda, 1933-1945)

I'm firmly opposed to widespread data collection, especially if the civil freedoms and privacies of the individual are being infringed. As a right-wing libertarian, I cannot accept and use Windows 10 regardless of how good the new features are, since it is an operating system that neglects my personal rights, and the rights of others. At this rate, as soon as official support for Windows 7 is dropped in 2020 (in terms of security updates and third-party application development), I'll probably make the full switch to GNU/Linux.

When Microsoft records the details of your family members, search trends, browsing habits, tastes in entertainment, and private documents, it all seems too extreme. It's almost as if every single Windows 10 user is having their own criminal profile constructed.

Summary of the key points in Microsoft's new privacy policy:

1. Microsoft has renewed its Privacy Policy and Service Agreement. The new services agreement goes into effect on 1 August 2015.
2. By default, when signing into Windows with a Microsoft account, Windows syncs some of your settings and data with Microsoft servers, for example “web browser history, favorites, and websites you have open” as well as “saved app, website, mobile hotspot, and Wi-Fi network names and passwords”.
3. Windows generates a unique advertising ID for each user on a device. This advertising ID can be used by third parties, such as app developers and advertising networks for profiling purposes.
4. When device encryption is on, the BitLocker recovery key for the user’s device is automatically backed up online in the Microsoft OneDrive account.
5. To enable Cortana, Microsoft collects and uses data such as your device location, data from your calendar, the apps you use, data from your emails and text messages, who you call, your contacts, how often you interact with them on your device, your music, alarm settings, whether the lock screen is on, what you view and purchase, your browse and Bing search history, speech data, your voice input, as well your name and nickname, your recent calendar events and the names of the people in your appointments, and information about your contacts including names and nicknames.
6. “We will access, disclose and preserve personal data, including your content (such as the content of your emails, other private communications or files in private folders), when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary to enforce the terms governing the use of the services".
7. Microsoft basically grants itself very broad rights to collect everything you do, say and write with and on your devices in order to sell more targeted advertising or to sell your data to third parties. The company appears to be granting itself the right to share your data either with your consent “or as necessary”.

Summary of the new implementations in Windows 10 which infringe on your privacy:

qmawOJK.jpg

Edited by benlisquare

Beta Tester
753 posts
657 battles

I'm baffeled by people jumping to Win 10 and then go on about games not working like they are surprised. *this isn't aimed at anyone here*

Edited by Lupis

Alpha Tester
982 posts

.dll missing are due to the missing Direct X 9 / early Direct X 10 files, run the installation pack from the official Microsoft website.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-sg/download/details.aspx?id=35

Seárch for the Microsoft DirectX 9c Runtime installer, download it from the microsoft download center 

and run it. It will add the missing Directx .dll file, without ruining your default Win10 DirectX12 install. 

Thanks guys. All sorted :honoring:

Super Tester
808 posts
1,399 battles

Because it's free!!1!!! /s

Really, it's pretty crazy how a ton of electronics stores here are using "FREE WINDOWS 10 UPGRADE WITH ANY PURCHASE"/"FREE WINDOWS 10 IF YOU COME TO OUR STORE" to advertise. Worse, it actually seems to be working too...

You can disable the botnet features quite easily.