You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Keith_Schroder

Disapearing ships

9 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

They either outside their own detection range, Covered by smoke, blocked by island, or they stop shooting at the moment (shooting add few km to your detection range)

Alpha Tester
982 posts

If any enemy is spotted by friendly aircraft or ships you will always see them as well. If those assets move away & no longer see them, neither will you.

Adding to what Harpoon01 said, some ships have detection & spotting ranges to where they can see you but not you them.

The reverse of everything I just said is true as well.

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

Game Mechanics 101.  There are some fantastic Youtube explanations. Jingles, Sidestraife, Ichase, Baron, Phly

*cough* new comers section guide by amade *cough*

4 posts
627 battles

These ships are disappearing from my screen when they are as close as 3k away and sometimes less.  They can be in plain view until I zoom in, then they are gone.  Some times I can still see the icon showing damage to the ship but no ship.

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

These ships are disappearing from my screen when they are as close as 3k away and sometimes less.  They can be in plain view until I zoom in, then they are gone.  Some times I can still see the icon showing damage to the ship but no ship.

What FPS/Settings are you getting/running?

If ships are disappearing at ~3km either they are in smoke or your system can't cope.