Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
silenthunter19944

Buff tier 6 and 7 U.S. CV

14 comments in this topic

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

They are so weak :( Independence is basically a bouge with a few more planes and ranger is just a pile of EXP running around. At this tier US CV are just so bad. We get about 800exp per game compare to the Japanese which normally get about 2000-4000 exp. Secondly, the U.S. Strike loadout need to be buffed. I got adbused in the game because I usedthe strike load out on a Bouge. I am sick of killing planes and only get about 35 exp per plane kill. The Ranger aka: The bag of exp strike loadout is basically a potato cannon. 1 TB squadron and 3 bombers squadron. You got to be kidding me. Make it 2TB and 2 bomber squadron for heaven sake! What's so hard about that? Why do the U.S. CV line only get better at tier 8 while the IJN is basically on a seal clubbing streak all the time... Lastly U.S CV mean nothing when there is another IJN CV on the same team because the IJN CV will neutralise the enemy CV and I have to stay at base waiting for the enemy planes to come and when they do come they just flood the sky and my fighter squadrons are just....... Not useful enough. I am tired of defending my team and at the end all I get is about 500 exp/ match. Feel free to look on my account. I am sick of the U.S. CV at tier 6-7 at the moment. They are underpaided. Don't exactly have the best defending capability and lack attacking power. Something got to be done

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

FFS stop whining about everything, a grand total of 0 of your topics/posts have been constructive to any extent.

Hello sir, I know that I whine a lot, but you obviously know nothing about the Ranger.... Look at other people complaining about the same problem 

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

Petitioning WG for 4/0/1 loadout for T6/T7 US carrier :trollface::trollface:

Nope that won't work. Tier6 US CV is limited to 3 squads maximum, and 4 squads for tier7 CV. The reason is that max number of aircraft on air is balanced by tier.

Personally, I find Independence's loadout of 1/1/1 is fine, it just need to be replaced by Saipan because Indy's 37 hangar capacity is just insufficient, especially in comparison to Ryujo's 48. Saipan also has similar performance to Indy, but gets 48 planes in her hangar, and she was tier6 so it's perfect fit. Indy could become tier6 premium.

Ranger though, her Air superiority loadout needs to be changed to 2/1/1 like Lexi, and her Strike loadout of 0/1/3 needs to be changed to 1/1/2. 

IJN CV should also have their loadouts changed because they have too many Bombers. I did suggest changes to aircraft loadout sometime ago.

http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/topic/7557-my-personal-suggestion-for-cv-flight-control-changes/

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Petitioning WG for 4/0/1 loadout for T6/T7 US carrier :trollface::trollface:

*Knocking your head*

They only have up to 4 Squadron

Beta Tester
106 posts
6,207 battles

They are so weak :( Independence is basically a bouge with a few more planes and ranger is just a pile of EXP running around. At this tier US CV are just so bad. We get about 800exp per game compare to the Japanese which normally get about 2000-4000 exp. Secondly, the U.S. Strike loadout need to be buffed. I got adbused in the game because I usedthe strike load out on a Bouge. I am sick of killing planes and only get about 35 exp per plane kill. The Ranger aka: The bag of exp strike loadout is basically a potato cannon. 1 TB squadron and 3 bombers squadron. You got to be kidding me. Make it 2TB and 2 bomber squadron for heaven sake! What's so hard about that? Why do the U.S. CV line only get better at tier 8 while the IJN is basically on a seal clubbing streak all the time... Lastly U.S CV mean nothing when there is another IJN CV on the same team because the IJN CV will neutralise the enemy CV and I have to stay at base waiting for the enemy planes to come and when they do come they just flood the sky and my fighter squadrons are just....... Not useful enough. I am tired of defending my team and at the end all I get is about 500 exp/ match. Feel free to look on my account. I am sick of the U.S. CV at tier 6-7 at the moment. They are underpaided. Don't exactly have the best defending capability and lack attacking power. Something got to be done

i was in that game with you.

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,922 battles

Nope that won't work. Tier6 US CV is limited to 3 squads maximum, and 4 squads for tier7 CV. The reason is that max number of aircraft on air is balanced by tier.

Personally, I find Independence's loadout of 1/1/1 is fine, it just need to be replaced by Saipan because Indy's 37 hangar capacity is just insufficient, especially in comparison to Ryujo's 48. Saipan also has similar performance to Indy, but gets 48 planes in her hangar, and she was tier6 so it's perfect fit. Indy could become tier6 premium.

Ranger though, her Air superiority loadout needs to be changed to 2/1/1 like Lexi, and her Strike loadout of 0/1/3 needs to be changed to 1/1/2. 

IJN CV should also have their loadouts changed because they have too many Bombers. I did suggest changes to aircraft loadout sometime ago.

http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/topic/7557-my-personal-suggestion-for-cv-flight-control-changes/

From what I've noticed is that from t7 onwards the IJN carriers have too many planes for USN CV's even in their top AA configurations to handle, Though I only got up to tier 6 in CBT, they really should reduce aircraft numbers for the IJN (in hanger space) or give the CV's from ranger onwards an extra squadron of fighters to balance airpower

Edited by Blitzkreig95

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

From what I've noticed is that from t7 onwards the IJN carriers have too many planes for USN CV's even in their top AA configurations to handle, Though I only got up to tier 6 in CBT, they really should reduce aircraft numbers for the IJN (in hanger space) or give the CV's from ranger onwards an extra squadron of fighters to balance airpower

You don't know how fast Bombers die to AA fire at that tier, and that's not counting Fighters. Reducing hangar capacity is a bad idea, IJN CV already have much less hangar space than USN ones already.

Though, if you have trouble handling IJN CV Bombers, then that's your problem. Just target the Torpedo Bombers first, Dive Bombers aren't really a threat unless you don't have your Damage Control party consumable ready on your Big ships. On Cruisers or Destroyers you don't really need to care much about Dive Bombers, just turn and they'll miss.

Most IJN CV can have at most 3 squads of TB, and they are gone really quick if you can intercept them. If the IJN CV decides to bring Fighters, then he only has 2 TB squads, and even IJN Fighters go down fast because USN Fighters easily outnumber them. Taiho and Hakuryu Fighters are different case though, but Essex and Midway aren't Air Superiority Carriers anyway, the role have switched.

EDIT: Just a sample of high-tier AA, and without intercepting Fighters:

Edited by Gezeiten_Heimatwelt

20 posts
978 battles

Totally agree. WG should make changes especially the exp gained from each battle of US CV that much fewer compared with IJN CV. Increasing exp for each aircraft taken down by fighters is a good idea. That's all i need

Sign in to follow this