Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
silenthunter19944

*Face palm* Matchmaking

4 comments in this topic

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

All right can someone explain to me why my New York class ALWAYS see tier 8 ships? What the hell? Every single game i have to see a ship that can kill me in 2 salvo and even if he receive a full salvo from me he only take like 5000 damage...... Why does the match making have to be so awful. I can't even research for the New Mexico now :(

World of Warships  4_08_2015 9_42_51 PM.png

World of Warships  4_08_2015 10_35_25 PM.png

Edited by silenthunter19944

Super Tester
1,177 posts
4,099 battles

Most ships in mid- to high-tiers have +/-3 matchmaking.

5+3=8, therefore tier 8 is the highest tier you can naturally face (i.e. you don't join a division).

5-3=2 theoretically, however the lowest tier you can naturally face (i.e. other people don't join a division) is actually tier 3, because tier 1 and 2 ships have a different way of calculating matchmaking.

Unlike WoT, tier differences does not make as much of a difference in terms of handicaps and advantages, tier 3 ships can still cause significant damage to tier 5 ships. I've even had a match where I've seen someone bring along a troll platoon (er, troll division?), and  the tier 2 destroyer ended up killing the enemy tier 9 carrier with two runs of torps, however these sorts of things only tend to occur in the rarest of cases. Nevertheless, it's not like WoT where a tier 5 tank is significantly outmatched by tier 6 tanks.

Edited by benlisquare

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

Most ships in mid- to high-tiers have +/-3 matchmaking.

5+3=8, therefore tier 8 is the highest tier you can naturally face (i.e. you don't join a division).

5-3=2 theoretically, however the lowest tier you can naturally face (i.e. other people don't join a division) is actually tier 3, because tier 1 and 2 ships have a different way of calculating matchmaking.

Don't you think that just ruin the game for the bottom tier ship ? In WOT if my tier 5 tank (m10 wolverine) have to take on a tier 8 tank (t29) I don't really care anymore. I just quit the game and play a low tier tank

Super Tester
1,177 posts
4,099 battles

Don't you think that just ruin the game for the bottom tier ship ? In WOT if my tier 5 tank (m10 wolverine) have to take on a tier 8 tank (t29) I don't really care anymore. I just quit the game and play a low tier tank

This isn't WoT.

In WoT, it's difficult for a M4 Sherman to penetrate a Tiger I, the M4 Sherman has to flank from behind, et cetera.

In WoWS, a moderately good player in a tier 5 ship can still outplay an enemy tier 7 ship with relative ease.

As for quitting the match when you get bad MM in WoT, I tend to report players who do this. It's selfish play. By the way, most tanks (i.e. non-scouts and non-prems) in WoT have +/-2 MM.

Edited by benlisquare

Sign in to follow this