You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
benlisquare

[0.4.0] Bug Fix Suggestion: Increase the length of the player name panels, so that lengthy player names are actually readable

6 comments in this topic

Super Tester
1,177 posts
4,099 battles

Currently within pre-battle loading screens, in-game player lists (by pressing TAB), post-battle results screens, and in-game player panels (if turned on within options), the region where the player names are displayed is too narrow horizontally. This means that if a player's name is too long, it cannot be fully displayed (since it becomes appended with "..." at the end), which becomes a hassle if you wish to report a teamkiller or some other form of troublemaker to WG Support, yet cannot find out what the player's name actually is.

This problem applies for both the English locale client and the Chinese locale client. Within the Chinese locale client the problem is worsened, since the font size for everything is much larger overall.

Player name panels should be made longer so that they can fit the entirety of a player's name. After all, on both the pre- and post-battle screens and the TAB display there is a huge portion of empty space on the left and right sides; what is the purpose of having this empty space? Wouldn't the space be better off utilised by widening the player name area to allow readability? The length of the player name panels were much better during closed alpha, I'd suggest making the horizontal length of the player name columns within the team player tables akin to WoWS version 0.2.2 or version 0.3.*, which would require extension of the table on left and right sides given the increase in font size in later patches, which takes up additional space.

Screenshots:

Post-battle results screen (0.4.0, English locale)

EWEzg6w.jpg

Post-battle results screen (0.4.0, Chinese locale)

A7eD6t2.jpg

In-game TAB screen (0.4.0, Chinese locale)

yQnsTj5.jpg

Post-battle results screen (0.3.* CBT, English locale) (I won't post any 0.2.2 closed alpha screenshots)

Gd3XNxM.jpg

ST Coordinator
2,325 posts
2,196 battles

I see what you did there with the topic title lol +1

I agree the panel is too narrow for players with long names.

Super Tester
1,177 posts
4,099 battles

What long names? i saw someone with poipoipoipoipoipoi(something) and i was happy it was cut off.

Imagine if poipoipoipoipoipoipoi1994 teamkilled you and called your mother bad names in chat. Imagine that you weren't able to get a screenshot in time, at the precise moment it happened, because you were that mad. How do you file a report to WG Support, if you don't know his name? How do you distinguish poipoipoipoipoipoipoi1994 from poipoipoipoi1973, poipoipoipoipoipoipoipoipoipoi23, poipoipoipoipoi_master, and poipoipoipoi_forever?

You know what you'd have to do? You'd have to sift through your mountain of game replays, find the correct replay, and then go through the replay looking for the exact moment where you find the message "poipoipoipoipoipoipoi1994 killed Black_Pantheras". Do you really think this is all worth your time and effort?

Edited by benlisquare

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

Imagine if poipoipoipoipoipoipoi1994 teamkilled you and called your mother bad names in chat. Imagine that you weren't able to get a screenshot in time, at the precise moment it happened, because you were that mad. How do you file a report to WG Support, if you don't know his name? How do you distinguish poipoipoipoipoipoipoi1994 from poipoipoipoi1973, poipoipoipoipoipoipoipoipoipoi23, poipoipoipoipoi_master, and poipoipoipoi_forever?

You know what you'd have to do? You'd have to sift through your mountain of game replays, find the correct replay, and then go through the replay looking for the exact moment where you find the message "poipoipoipoipoipoipoi1994 killed Black_Pantheras". Do you really think this is all worth your time and effort?

or just report all poi* for teamkilling :hiding: