You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Steeltrap

Repeat of client-server de-synch thread per Conan's request

88 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

I'm in Sydney on TPG. I've not had any major issues myself. But I really feel for the ppl that do. Even just the occasional bit of lag drives me nuts.

Which might make one wonder that if it's the ISP and how it handles traffic, why not ALL customers of that ISP, at least within a common geographical area? My friend is in Sydney, on TPG, and game has been unplayable since 0.3.1.3.

Interestingly enough, my own game has been rubbish today (I'm with Internode, and their technical support is fantastic). Ran ping plotter. Jitter and packet loss all over the place which is entirely evident in game; it stutters considerably, and ping jumps from ~106 (a number I treat with considerable suspicion as Ping Plotter shows ~160) to 150+ for a few seconds. That could be the weather for all I know; every time Sydney cops a major storm our rubbish infrastructure gets unreliable.

Well at least all this has meant I'm spending any gaming budget elsewhere; WG's "support" and effective performance issues mean I can't play with a friend who paid to join, and I'm not interested in solo. But, hey, I'm just one customer. Not as though it matters if I don't spend any money I suppose. Or my friend; he already did, and sure as hell isn't going to make that mistake again (he still has ~15k gold he won sitting in WoT, lol).

Edited by Steeltrap

[TOGN]
51 posts
2,190 battles

it was fine before i went out at 12pm but yeah getting the same thing when i logged in tonight but mines higher i did see in one of the ingame chats the server had to be restarted so its not back up to working speed lol

i do miss not being with internode best isp i've had over the year.

[TOGN]
51 posts
2,190 battles

just a thought did the server address get changed or part of it maybe?? as in the client connecting to game server or did a packet drop during update?? they would be my first things to check.

also i would do a fresh install to a different part of the hdd and see if its working with the latest client or you could copy the wows file to somewhere else and rename it,should be able to uninstall the client without losing the copied folder that has the game in it.

could be a cache problem i know i've had to clear it with the eveonline client even though i used the same client to play on my different accounts it was only the one account that had the problem.

Beta Tester
6 posts

just a thought did the server address get changed or part of it maybe?? as in the client connecting to game server or did a packet drop during update?? they would be my first things to check.

also i would do a fresh install to a different part of the hdd and see if its working with the latest client or you could copy the wows file to somewhere else and rename it,should be able to uninstall the client without losing the copied folder that has the game in it.

could be a cache problem i know i've had to clear it with the eveonline client even though i used the same client to play on my different accounts it was only the one account that had the problem.

Things like reinstalling never work, I've tried it all, even clean system re-installs and using different network carriers with different connection routes on my laptop and PC and different places, its still the same issue, its still broken on WG's end.

[BLUMR]
4,163 posts
1,924 battles

Things like reinstalling never work, I've tried it all, even clean system re-installs and using different network carriers with different connection routes on my laptop and PC and different places, its still the same issue, its still broken on WG's end.

Try this - install the NA client and check to see if you experience desync on it.

Beta Tester
6 posts

Try this - install the NA client and check to see if you experience desync on it.

I have both installed, I primarily play on the NA client as thats where my friends are, and its the same issue on both clients.

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

If you all want to play trouble shoot etc etc, that's fine, but please DO IT IN ANOTHER THREAD.

The only thing I want from THIS thread is a reply from OFFICIAL WG STAFF about their investigations and proposed resolutions.

I wrote this thread at the request of Conan given the original was deleted when we moved to OBT. It's here so HE and WG can do something.

I do NOT want an endless stream of discussions about "it might be this, it might be that, try x, y, and z".

By all means have those discussions, just don't do it in THIS thread.

Thanks.

[PANZA]
Alpha Tester
26 posts
3,489 battles

Yesterday it was fine, today it's back. Seriously, this is getting very old, very fast.

• Cool 1

[PANZA]
Alpha Tester
26 posts
3,489 battles

OK so I tried running my connection wireless through my modem without running it through the router. For whatever reason it seems to have fixed the issue (but waiting for it to go to buggery again).

Beta Tester
6 posts

OK so I tried running my connection wireless through my modem without running it through the router. For whatever reason it seems to have fixed the issue (but waiting for it to go to buggery again).

I tried that on my laptop and it didn't work, still got the same server desyncs when I was on the other side of Sydney with an entirely different connection this weekend, though everynow and then (maybe 1 in 30) I'll get a game where I don't encounter this problem, but then its straight back to desync'ing again.

edit/ finally had a decent response to a support ticket about this, helped them get some data on it and they've forwarded it to the (hopefully) relevant parties to start working on this.

Edited by Predatron

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

For anyone who has this issue, there are discussions/exchanges of info going on between me and WG staff.

Should anything come of it, will let you know.

Cheers

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
512 posts
308 battles

I've had this happen once, though the issue lied with my computer's hardware (read: potato).

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

Seems that might be the case for my friend, too, because both his and another friend's LAPTOPS are able to play using the same internet connection without any de-synch. Which is weird as hell as the desktop is considerably more powerful in every respect.

Have sent comparative tech specs to WG, including from 2 other people who have the same problems regularly.

[SIF]
[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,680 posts

how do all three connect to the net? suspect a bottleneck on the desktop, whats the difference in network setups? Had a similar problem between my gaming desktop, Linux desktop and wife's laptop, Gaming desktop had superb through put, but the other two were bottle necked, found I had an incorrect setting on the other two. 

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

They all were going through the same wireless router. Am looking more closely at it. WG allegedly is, too, but we all know what that means (it's only almost 4 months after all).

Beta Tester
1,237 posts
11,808 battles

I've discovered a fix. It's a crappy fix, but it works (for me).

Step 1 - While in port, start downloading a file from the internet to saturate the connection. For instance, this dummy file is normally for testing your connection speed: http://speedcheck.cdn.on.net/100meg.test

Step 2 - Start battle and wait until you've loaded in. Ping will be spiking like crazy and the lag light will probably be blinking due to the lack of free bandwidth.

Step 3 - Cancel the file download and a enjoy a properly synced battle.

Edited by Unraveler

Beta Tester
1,237 posts
11,808 battles

Further testing has revealed that it doesn't always work. Still, going from a 98% desync chance to a 20% desync chance per battle is an improvement.

5 posts

Hello from EU server! We encounter this desync too, im just dropping our data here as you seem to have some competent guys here.

Our thread: http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/32573-desync-shells-flying-thru-enemy-ship-whitout-contact-not-over-pen/#entry605653

Just take a look at this picture.

I can reproduce these results now all the time.

What is interesting i could not see this at all before i called my ISP and asked for Fast profile whitout error correcting.

Why is this only happening after the match already has been started? If it was router/connection issue shouldnt it bee irrecular and happen from the start? I dont think so.

ALSO IMPORTANT PART!

Hitboxes of ships ARE NOT DESYNCED!
I can hit the enemy hitboxes that are traveling front of the texture!
They are on their actual spot where they should be! So im not lagging!
Ship textures itself are being untied from the hitbox somehow!

But the hitboxes are where they should be, i just need to find them by leading abit more my aim.
I have confirmed this by a player that is not desynced and hes telling where my shells land and i then can in my screen verify that the hitbox was in the same place where he would see the ship. So actually only my clients ship textures are at wrong place/moving too slow to compared the hitbox.

I would need mod that colors the hitbox to verify this but im no good at modding. :)

post-500970973-0-05609100-1444497637.jpg

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

Hi, thanks for that.

Yes, it's interesting, isn't it? Note, too, that this was raised in beta in Eu too. So for anyone suggesting it's only here and only on certain ISPs I guess that shows how much crap that was (which isn't a surprise to me at all).

It seems to be an issue of the rendering OF SHIPS. Firing effects and hit boxes etc are rendered correctly real time. It's just the view of/from the perspective of the player that is falling behind.

Now if we could only get a dev who firstly knows what they did in 0.3.1.3 AND understands how it might have caused this AND is prepared to discuss it.

LOL, what am I thinking? Seems Eu has had as little luck getting anyone in WG to give a poi as we have.

Edited by Steeltrap

5 posts

Most likely its Bigworld engine itself that is doing this phenomon!

You know why? All WG games are experiencing this! In World of Tanks its Ghost shells (Shells fly thru enemy tank whitout contact, devs think its because pentration calculation fail. FAIL!), World of Warplanes i heard has something called invisible ground? I expect its people hitting ground in air while diving, see where this is going? IN EVERY GAME THE SERVER HITBOX TRAVELS FASTER THAN CLIENT TEXTURE!

And what does the support tell me after like reopening the ticket for 20th time supplying all this data?! CALL THE ISP ITS THEM HAVING THE PROBLEM OF MICRO LAGS! :izmena:

I think fundamental issue is here that bigworld at some point of the game gets error and it starts to fail transmit data wich i can also see as data change in my pinplotter. Tin foil hats on!

Edited by Kalle_Karck_Aaltonen

5 posts

Well even that is quite alot as all WG titles and all servers experience this.

EU1:67096

EU2:33760

NA EAST:5172            = 123387 Wot players according to Wiki are right now online and its nowhere near peak hours yet.

NA WES:3019 

ASIA:14340

123387+1000 WoWp players (lol its so dead), +25000 WoWs EU, +15000 NA, And i quess asia too is 10000-15000players ?

= Around 170 000 Players = 680 Desynchers

Well its not much afterall, but its hundreds even more than thousand. And i can see it being way more than just 4 out of thousand.

Many others just quit the game or dont regonize it, some dont even care.

If you google WoT ghost shells you get alot hits on forums.

People are reporting in whit similar problems around forums at increasing rate, at least in EU. And i keep finding old archived topics all the time so its been issue at least since bigworld had its last big patch.

They are gonna have to start careing at some point. What im gonna do is that im gonna go stright to bigworld support next somehow and ask them about it.

Edited by Kalle_Karck_Aaltonen

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

4 people out of 1000 have the problem - why would it be a high priority issue?

If that's the best you have to offer, which is to say nothing whatsoever, please [redacted] off from this thread. I'm really only interested in hearing from those with the issue, or WG.

You're neither.

And, just as a thought, if you take someone's money and then introduce something that makes that for which they paid unfit for purpose, you have an ethical (and here in Aus a legal) responsibility to do something about it.

Sitting on your [redacted] for 3-4 months and giving NOTHING in terms of replies is not doing something. Can't even get a clear "this is what we did in 0.3.1.3 and it could have done xyz, so try doing abc". It's really that simple.

So, as I said, if you've nothing to contribute to addressing this issue, go away.

Edited by Steeltrap

Beta Tester
55 posts
2,754 battles

how do all three connect to the net? suspect a bottleneck on the desktop, whats the difference in network setups? Had a similar problem between my gaming desktop, Linux desktop and wife's laptop, Gaming desktop had superb through put, but the other two were bottle necked, found I had an incorrect setting on the other two. 

what was the setting issue ?

I used to have good connection on Unifi.. all of a sudden the desync issue is back.