Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Tagnbag

Odd torpedo drops

11 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
86 posts
6,093 battles

First time I have seen this type of spread .. see planes, turn in to drive between torpedis .. and Whaaaaa? Weird curving spread twice in same game. Ship has no defensive fire, no friendlies about or friendly planes ..  is this new?   Do torpedo actually curve in RL? I know occasional problems cause individual torps to circle but a whole erm spread (that looked like the planes would have dropped torps on each other they were so close)?  

shot-15.08.04_07.16.49-0215.jpg

shot-15.08.04_07.17.09-0911.jpg

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

It's a known glitch. If the target ship is turning sharply and torpedo planes are given an auto-attack order, the torps are dropped in a line and curve like that. It's not supposed to happen, AFAIK.

(as for torpedoes curving IRL, they're capable of doing that, but that's not how its supposed to work in the game)

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

It's not actually curving, rather the torps are dropped in a line which is parallel to the ship, each torpedo then fans out from that point giving the illusion that the torpedos are curving.

The bug is the torps being dropped in that pattern, but the torps themselves are still traveling straight.

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

It's not actually curving, rather the torps are dropped in a line which is parallel to the ship, each torpedo then fans out from that point giving the illusion that the torpedos are curving.

The bug is the torps being dropped in that pattern, but the torps themselves are still traveling straight.

Glorious MS Paint to illustrate this:

pJDx8Xy.jpg

Beta Tester
3,033 posts
1,487 battles

Glorious MS Paint to illustrate this:

pJDx8Xy.jpg

It's pretty damn cool seeing it happen, especially when the torpedoes further away materializes first so you turn thinking they are the closest. 

It messed up my mind once but I dropped speed so the ones that appear later (and closer to my ship) didn't even graced my ship.

Beta Tester
682 posts
4,757 battles

see that many time too ....  it sometime make it harder to avoid since it harder to decide which way to go ... or sometime it all miss with I didn't do anything ....

Sign in to follow this