You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Syanda

Reporting lag issues

69 comments in this topic

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Hi all. If you're getting severe cases of lag/desync, you can diagnose the problem by submitting a support ticket by taking the following steps.

0. Check if the server is up. You can find out by going onto worldofwarships,asia and looking at the server status widget. If you can access port chat - ask if the game is lagging for anyone else.

1. Download pingplotter from here. LINK
2. Type login.worldofwarships.jp in the field "Address to Trace" (upper left corner).
3. "Set 10 seconds" in the field "Trace Interval" and a focus time of 5 minutes: Let it run and settle.
4. Save the ping plotter results.
5. Zip the ping plotter results with winrar or zip.
6. Upload it to Support in the form of a support ticket. This will then be forwarded to the relevant departments for work/optimization.

Don't upload it to the forums as the stats may contain your IP.

Other useful information you could include in your support ticket (but isn't mandatory): 

- What country you're connecting from

- What ISP you're using

- What connection type you're using (Fibre, broadband, 3g, etc)

- Whether you're utilizing a wired connection, or wireless router

- Your system specifications

Additional troubleshooting you could do:

- Open up your start menu and type in cmd, then hit enter. This will bring up the command prompt.

- Do a tracert on the worldofwarships server by typing (without quotation marks) "tracert login.worldofwarships.jp"

- Check for any abnormally large pings reported. If there are any, save the report to notepad.

Edited by Syanda

Alpha Tester
1,063 posts
509 battles

Bumping this for user awareness, please help to submit your support tickets with the respective pingplotter results.

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

Some people have had de-synch to a game breaking extent since 0.3.1.3 on 5th JUNE.

Can't get anyone to acknowledge it. People have lost premium time due to it.

What's the official response to that going to be? Are they going to fix it once and for all? Obviously whatever they did back then started it for some people. They wrote to support. I wrote in the bug thread. That thread was deleted sorry, archived, with no comment/resolution from WG.

Seriously?

2 MONTHS where some people can't play and nobody from WG will even acknowledge it?

2 posts
2,029 battles

I'm from Adelaide, Australia.

I have been playing World of Warships for several weeks now with no such ping issue until now, what ever has released today in the patch must have broken something.

The ping increases the minute I fire, receive fire or even see any sort of exploding effect.

I can't even engage back and if I do, it's going to miss 99% of the time.

My support ticket is being lodged now.

I do hope my premium time gets compensated once this gets fixed ..

43 posts
1,280 battles

is it the patch the problem causing the ping or the volume of patch downloaders overloading the server?

cause if it is the latter it will get better sooner.

as for me this morning right after patch with 100 players online i pinged over 500000 with the CV, this afternoon with DD-CA ping was back under 100. BUT now i cant connect to server did it crash?

Beta Tester
45 posts
3,433 battles

I'm still experiencing some lag but so far, it's not as worse as before. Will test it again by midnight tonight HK time to see if I encounter the problem I had earlier since my ping at this time is at its lowest

Beta Tester
98 posts
3,857 battles

Server is back up. Is anyone still experiencing very high lag like this morning?

I can't even login to the game :teethhappy:

[RANZN]
5 posts
5,238 battles

The last two patches have made things worst for me, the gaming is almost unplayable! I shouldn't have a problem considering i'm running Two 256GB Solid State Drives (Raid), GTX 980, 16GB RAM, Intel i7 4790K @ 4.00 GHz. I have made a ticket hoping someone can help!

2 posts
2,221 battles

I have been playing World of Warships for several weeks now with no such ping issue until now, what ever has released today in the patch must have broken something.

The ping increases the minute I fire, receive fire or even see any sort of exploding effect.

i have the exact same problem, got windows 10 and immediately after that there was a 38 MB update and game hasnt been the same since, game runs fine as before until i start shooting or anyone shoots, then my sounds bugs out all scratchy, game lags and everything just goes haywire, i played with graphics and sound settings, nothing, thought was a virus maybe did scans and everything, still nothing, i even uninstalled and redownloaded and re insatlled and still the same problem, been a long time since i lodged a ticket to support and it is still in queue, until it gets sorted, i can not play, WOT runs fine, no problems there, and I see im not the only one with this problem, so it is in game.
Edited by Broken_dreams

2 posts
2,221 battles

Edited by Broken_dreams

84 posts
1,414 battles

Server dropped me at end of game twice in a row now, 4 kill loss and a 4 kill ? I don't know, again.

Will look at tracert rather than pp.

2 posts
489 battles

i have the exact same problem, got windows 10 and immediately after that there was a 38 MB update and game hasnt been the same since, game runs fine as before until i start shooting or anyone shoots, then my sounds bugs out all scratchy, game lags and everything just goes haywire, i played with graphics and sound settings, nothing, thought was a virus maybe did scans and everything, still nothing, i even uninstalled and redownloaded and re insatlled and still the same problem, been a long time since i lodged a ticket to support and it is still in queue, until it gets sorted, i can not play, WOT runs fine, no problems there, and I see im not the only one with this problem, so it is in game.

same with me - as soon as there is intensive firing ongoing and more than 6 sqads in the air in 15 km radius sound starts staggering.

Have the same problem with LAG - ok, here in incredible India I-Net is slow anyway, if i have a good time 150 -250 ms ping, but as soon as more then 3 units

in visual start firing lag goes up to 20000.... nearly unplayable and a sure thing to get sunk

4 posts
1,317 battles

The last update has caused me severe issues with lag. like the guys above its getting almost to the point of being unplayable, are you guys doing anything about this at all?

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

The last update has caused me severe issues with lag. like the guys above its getting almost to the point of being unplayable, are you guys doing anything about this at all?

If you're in Aus, the cable between Perth and SG (where the server is) got cut again. Not really anything WG can do about this, since the lag isn't really occurring server side.