Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
RG_Kid

massive difference between the server ping and in game ping

21 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
506 posts
1,386 battles

Just had a match this morning where i noticed something disturbing.

I had a morning session using my Yubari and i noticed the ping was spiking to the thousand. I then grabbed the WOWS IP from the Resource monitor application, and proceeded to constantly pinging the address throughout my second gameplay. I found something disturbing, i'm getting consistent ping of 65-70 ms using the command prompt, but in the game, i keep getting 2000-3000 ms ping.

Can anybody tell me why there's a huge discrepancy between the command prompt ping to the server and the in game ping? It used to be unlike this, usually whenever my in game ping was high, my command prompt ping was also high.

Sorry if i'm posting in the wrong board, just want more exposure. Hopefully this isn't a problem since i just bought doubloons. :( 

Super Tester
2,725 posts

try using pingplotter here's the link how: http://forum.worldoftanks.asia/index.php?/topic/19153-reporting-lag-issues/

The command prompt doesn't shows lag/packet lost percentage in real time so I recommend you use the pingplotter for monitoring. Just enter the WoWs domain and start testing.

Alpha Tester
1,063 posts
509 battles

It's patch day, so be prepared to encounter ping problems and de-sync as well.

However wg should be working to find out the cause on what is happening so just wait patiently.

Edited by Halken_Sky

Beta Tester
506 posts
1,386 battles

It's patch day, so be prepared to encounter ping problems and de-sync as well.

However wg should be working to find out the cause on what is happening so just wait patiently.

Good to know. It's just confusing seeing a difference between my network ping and in game ping because it hasn't happened before, then again i rarely played on the day of new patch.

Beta Tester
911 posts

Man thats good to know, I thought I was imagining things.

It goes from 110-> 3seconds sometimes up to 10 seconds then back down like a yo yo. I thought Windows 10 in the background was like torrenting and distributing the windows update or something. Its driving me crazy, I suspect its the patch this morning.

Slam

Beta Tester
506 posts
1,386 battles

Yep, patch day woes. Just sit tight, staff are aware of the lag issues.

Players are restless in the game channel. =P

Poor mods.

Beta Tester
14 posts
2,372 battles

Same here, I almost had 1 million ping and suffered from constant drops every 10 sec

The game is currently unplayable in Asian Server

Beta Tester
753 posts
657 battles

Yep, patch day woes. Just sit tight, staff are aware of the lag issues.

Players are restless in the game channel. =P

Poor mods.

Apart forma  Trion games this is a pretty unstable patch day.

[BLUMR]
1,134 posts
1,377 battles

Yeah I keep getting kicked from my match every 20 or so seconds :/

Sorry to my team that I was on, on North. 

Alpha Tester
982 posts

I've never noticed ping issues on patch days for WoWS or WoT.

Of course, I'm not counting the "ping" issue when the server was down :sceptic:

Beta Tester
506 posts
1,386 battles

I am getting the same lag spikes at the moment, i believe it may be something to do with the internet cables running between adelaide and singapore. 

Nope, Syanda said in game that it is happening in EU server as well. Something to do with the patch maybe.

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

Hi Guys,

WG are aware with this issue and working on it.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,

L.S

While you're at it, could someone address the server-client de-synch that has left people UNABLE TO PLAY AT ALL for 2 months now?

Nobody will even acknowledge that.

I've posted on it, others have, and I've sent polite PMs (to you and others). My initial thread on it was 'archived' (someone was supposed to be finding it and restoring it, but heard nothing on that, either).

Response?

NOTHING AT ALL. Not in the forum, not to my PMs. Support is equally unhelpful.

People have paid, can't play, lost their premium time, and nobody in WG wants to talk about it? Really? 

Seriously, that's just poor.

Edited by Steeltrap

Beta Tester
911 posts

Steeltrap where are you located?

I had the same problem since 0.3.1.3.

I only just resolved it this week, all along it was my own ISP TPG in Australia. They filter traffic and apply a lower QOS on traffic that is on high port. Its pretty obvious, while I use openvpn. The SSH port is not affected.

I solved it signing up to vpnsecure.me and connecting to its Sydney server. I then get a solid 108ms ping to WoWs Asia.

Todays issue is due to last nights patch.

Slam

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

Steeltrap where are you located?

I had the same problem since 0.3.1.3.

I only just resolved it this week, all along it was my own ISP TPG in Australia. They filter traffic and apply a lower QOS on traffic that is on high port. Its pretty obvious, while I use openvpn. The SSH port is not affected.

I solved it signing up to vpnsecure.me and connecting to its Sydney server. I then get a solid 108ms ping to WoWs Asia.

Todays issue is due to last nights patch.

Slam

Really? Crap, lol. It's not ME that's affected, it's a friend of mine.

And he's in Sydney. On TPG. LOL.

I'll light a fire under them to do something. Ridiculous.

Doesn't really excuse WG for sitting on it for a month, however, as they introduced it via 0.3.1.3. and have been asked many, many times.

Cheers

Sign in to follow this