You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
kicknurazz_nz

Error after update, Client out of date.

8 comments in this topic

4 posts
567 battles

Started my game it did a little update and now I get an error when I try to login stating "The currently installed version of the game is older than that of the server, please update client"

It did the update! Only way I can see of fixing this is a re-install which I did last night and it was working fine!

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Are you using the preferences.xml trick to access multiple servers on the same client?

0.4.0.5 patch just hit for EU earlier - and by updating your preferences.xml as such, the launcher updates your game client version to 0.4.0.5, locking you out of Asia until Asia gets the patch as well.

4 posts
567 battles

Are you using the preferences.xml trick to access multiple servers on the same client?

0.4.0.5 patch just hit for EU earlier - and by updating your preferences.xml as such, the launcher updates your game client version to 0.4.0.5, locking you out of Asia until Asia gets the patch as well.

No I didn't change anything, I did a fresh install of Windows Yesterday and downloaded the game from WOWS server guessing I may have downloaded the NA game but I logged onto the Asia Server last night and played for hours, and then this morning it did a little update and then I got that error message I talked about.

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

re-enter your username and password.

failing that remove all mods and try again.

run the exe as administrator.

restart computer and router.

make sure you are using the correct client for the region you are sign up for:

WoWS Asia - www.worldofwarships.asia

WoWS EU - www.worldofwarships.eu

WoWS NA - www.worldofwarships.com

WoWS RU - www.worldofwarships.ru

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

And make sure your antivirus isn't killing the connection - seeing the "Failed to Connect" message usually means either your antivirus, your firewall, or your router is blocking you from accessing World of Warships.

1 post

Hi,

Found this post resembled my problem for the past 3 hours!!!!! Please help....

Started my game, it opened to the login screen and I got an error saying "The currently installed version of the game is older than that of the server, please update client" whenever I try to login.