Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
byungnam

I even will be satisfied if MM only matches equal-tier, equal-number wise

14 comments in this topic

48 posts
2,944 battles

Fully unsatisfied how the MM works currently. Especially when it happens while playing a CV.

Outnumbered

Over-tiered

or even

Outnumbering

Over-tiering

I'm tired of such things, making me frustrated and disappointed.

I know this issue is has been noticed FAR LONG TIME AGO and nothing has changed yet. Does WG even working on this issue? If it is too hard to make a gorgeous algorithm, then I would rather recommend a simple one, which is called, EQUALITY. I am willing to accept the situation that I have to wait 3 or 5 minutes in queue so that I can be matched to the equal number and equal tier enemies.

Edited by byungnam

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

All I can say is prepare to never be satisfied. World of Tanks still has its MM issues these days, and you'll likely never find a situation where you can find a fully equal number and equal tier enemies.

Carrier-wise, sure. Lots of players have submitted requests for only equal tier carriers to be matched, and the game is still being tweaked to balance out carriers facing each other. But fully equal teams is unlikely to happen, since that is harder to do than the current MM system. Current priority still seems to be letting matches run for match data, as we're barely into Open Beta, after all - that's just about 1.5 months of open play on top of the ~three months of CBT.

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,801 battles

I would rather try a simple one, which is called, EQUALITY. I am willing to accept the situation that I have to wait 3 or 5 minutes in queue so that I can be matched to the equal number and equal tier enemies.

In that case. I want people to be equally skilled as me as well to be in this game.

What? Equality.

Super Tester
1,397 posts
13,375 battles

MM fix won't be too soon.

they got much more stuff which is more important and I bet MM and blue line abuse issue are at their lowest priority. lol

plus, some players leveling their ships too fast. fixing the MM right now will just make them join small battle in every round.

remember the rules for WG company : Money > everything

48 posts
2,944 battles

In that case. I want people to be equally skilled as me as well to be in this game.

What? Equality.

We call it MMR (match making rating)

Super Tester
808 posts
1,399 battles

I only want carriers to be matched accordingly

seeing your carrier get destroyed by a carrier 2 (or even 3) tiers up while your ships all below tier can't shoot down any planes despite putting heavy AA cover over him to help protect him is stupid.

said enemy carrier then proceeds to have a field day and destroy everybody and gain 2500 base exp doing nothing

great.

[STGGC]
Beta Tester
162 posts
2,861 battles

equal tier? what do you think is this? WoT? i'm even feel better when fighting higher tier than your own tier,, the thing that need to rebalance is CV MM,, especially when you get one CV while the other got none,, BB,, DD,, and Cruiser MM already good for me

Beta Tester
753 posts
657 battles

You'll never get :just right"  MM. either you'll have a spread of 1+1- which is what WoT uses most of the time. But then you'll have drunk MM moments where a tier 5 will see tier 7 ships. 

Alpha Tester
982 posts

This will never be fixed to the majorities satisfaction. This is for two reasons:

1) Human nature means people generally remember bad MM where the game result was bad as well. You are not going to remember all the games where MM works ok. It's like having a crazy uncle whom you have to take lunch to every day. 29 days of the month he gives you $5, but one day per month, he gives you a knock on the head. All you are going to remember when thinking about your crazy old Uncle Conan, (:trollface:) is how he hit you on your head.

2) There is, nor will there ever be, a noob filter. I've been in games where we had the CV advantage and got absolutely slaughtered because the single enemy carrier was a boss and ours were noobs. Just the other day in a game, the sole enemy CV kills 5 while our two CV's killed ZERO between them. How they got to tier 6 I'll never know. Free XP I guess.

You got to also keep in mind that anything that can happen, will happen in a game.

"WoWS is like a box of chocolates, you never know that you gonna get."

forest_gump_box_of_chocolates_by_calilol

Edited by Krieg

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

Idk why anyone would question them fixing the match maker, No reason for it to be like it is at the moment at all, the 3 tier spread is too much, CV MM is broken allowing uneven CV numbers on teams and for some reason we still get matches where one team has more ships than the other.

It was understandable in CBT when the player base was only 3000 or so strong but now that well over 10,000 people are online regularly there is no reason for any of it anymore. 

They can fix it, they should fix it, it is completely beyond me as to why they have not/will not. 

Sign in to follow this