Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
xamdam

"Division Issue" or "MM Fail"?

11 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
257 posts
4,249 battles

So... because three tier III (probably new players) division up the rest of the team gets to try to carry them? 

54GjIIf.png

FTR, I'm not blaming these three division guys at all. They tried but.. they were slightly out gunned. Crap like this makes me less and less willing to even bother trying anymore.

Oh, right, we're still in beta. Forgot that.

Beta Tester
257 posts
4,249 battles

Nothing out of the ordinary there. Kiwachi BBs will see tier 6 battles easy. 

And that makes it right? Seriously? 

"Working as intended"?

Beta Tester
257 posts
4,249 battles

Or perhaps you missed the fact that they got the only CV, a tier VI at that. Kinda makes our Kawaii-chis a bit impotent. 

Beta Tester
257 posts
4,249 battles

MM is fine-tuned based on player feedback, this thread included. However, it does still take time to implement.

One can only hope. So, do you have any comments on the match up? As you can tell from my thread title I noticed you place a lot of weight on the "division issue". 

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

One can only hope. So, do you have any comments on the match up? As you can tell from my thread title I noticed you place a lot of weight on the "division issue". 

Sure. MM dragged up the Kawachis based on their +3 MM spread. Since there were two of them in the match and MM limits the number of battleships per side, there's an issue here. This is different from the previous one I commented on, where the MM issue was due to a division consisting of players moving outside their tier spread

I've commented before that MM has its screwy moments - for example, in RG_Kid's thread a while back. However, I will also point out whenever someone blames the MM for a poor decision choice, because that reflects a poor understanding of how MM works. 

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

I still don't understand why WG thinks it's fair to put crappy tier3 BB against tier6 opponents. Everyone can outrun and outrange them.

Heck, I don't understand why all BB have +3 MM in the first place, as if +2 MM in WoT isn't bad enough.

1,230 posts
2,387 battles

I still don't understand why WG thinks it's fair to put crappy tier3 BB against tier6 opponents. Everyone can outrun and outrange them.

Heck, I don't understand why all BB have +3 MM in the first place, as if +2 MM in WoT isn't bad enough.

LOL, I don't understand that too

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Neither do I - Kawachi/South Carolina ought to be restricted to tier III and below matches, in my opinion. Maybe the occasional tier IV match, but seeing tier V is suicidal for it.

Beta Tester
257 posts
4,249 battles

Not to mention a tier VI against air attack and no air support or AA of their own... 

This match dumbfounded me. It was practically pointless. Some team members commented on the uselessness of the Kawachis. It didn't register at the moment but yes, not due to any fault of their own, they were entirely useless. I was a bit too busy to notice.

Sign in to follow this