Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Commander_Dusty

Minekaze Torpedo choice

Torpedus!  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Which torps for the minekaze?

• 7km , 68 knot,stock torps - speed is the killer
    • 10km, 57 knot torps - range and stealth and spamming
    • Lol who uses torps, guns all the way :P + bacon

20 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,922 battles

G'day folks,

I thought I'd start a new thread which isn't bingo related with whining or crazy suggestions

So I've been playing the Minekaze a while (shes a keeper) and starting to wonder what torpedoes you folks use?

Initially, I liked the stock torps (7km range and 68 know speed), as I'm usually a USN DD player and like getting up close (well for USN you have no choice) and launching my fast torps at enemy ships, giving them no time to dodge and sealing their watery fate. They usually worked quite well in CBT as most players were skilled enough to dodge the slower 10km torps...

But I've now grown to like the 10km ranged torps (57 knot speed), as the recent influx of new players means that many don't even bother trying to turn or taking head to the warning signs. Plus the 10km range allows me to fire at range and spam all the narrows and island corners while keeping at a safe stealthy distance, and they haven't been that slow at all to be honest. Until new players get better I think I'll stick with these and enjoy the fun while it lasts.

What are your thoughts?

Edited by Blitzkreig95

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

Just my opinion - I tend to use the 10km more. BTW I think it's 57 knots - 59 knots is the Musutki one.

If you use the Stock one why not play the Izokaze?

7km is a bit dangerous - And considering how many people camp in their own half rushing in is risky.

The 10km one enable you a lot of Tactical Flexibility - allowing you to decide how, when and where to engage the enemy.

Edited by Alvin1020

Super Tester
2,314 posts
7,096 battles

10km hands down.

I'm a torp spammer and also love the flexibility of 10km torpedoes. Killed many ships beyond visual range. Got couple of stray kills as well.

Best if you throw your 10km torps at 6.5km - 6km range. Your torps can still run for another 3.5km - 4km for ninja strike should your actual target dodge the package meant for them. 

ST Coordinator
2,325 posts
2,196 battles

After that it's 15km. Though technically, using 15km torps is no different from using 10km torps.

rNtFykB.gif

We want Kantai no Idol Naka chan dayo!!! Sendai Class now !!!!!

Beta Tester
3,033 posts
1,487 battles

As for torpedoes.

the more faster they go, the more easier to detect.

the more slower they go, the more harder to detect.

There's not much difference for the Minekaze, also, the faster it reaches the target, the less likely they will turn while they are traveling.

Super Tester
58 posts
887 battles

Although Type 89 has lower detectability, the fact that it travels slower means that; assuming you launch Type 89 at 7kms which is Type 92's max range, it still requires more time before it hit, it's more likely for enemy ships to change their bearings before your torps got detected (well, unless your target's a straight-sailing BB)... Knowing this, even in a Mutsuki, 7.5kms is pretty much the farthest from where I usually launch my torps(unless I aim to break enemy formation instead of a kill)...

Some players like to get as close as possible, using rocks and islands to farther breach enemy's range, making sure to stay hidden while doing so, and for this purpose faster torpedo is more reliable; when the enemy ship get to spot you at close range behind islands, the torpedoes would've been pretty much inside their detectability range... usually the end result is: BBs couldn't evade most if not all of the torps, Cruisers couldn't evade some of the torps, and they couldn't really shoot you as accurately... If in the worst case the enemy's not sunk, you have island cover (and smoke) as failsafe...

Edited by Blackrag

Super Tester
630 posts
9,488 battles

I prefer the 10KM torpedoes on my Minekaze, Love spamming those torpedoes at the slow moving battleships sailing in a straight line. 

There are times where I do like the short ranged torpedoes and for that I have the Isokaze. 

Beta Tester
682 posts
4,757 battles

10K in case they moving away from you and you lauch torp at 6K away .. the torp gonna out of range before the reach target ... or if you move close .. you gonna get detected ... so 10K have more flexible gameplay

Sign in to follow this