Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
onlyAgamer

Unable to see Asia server?

18 comments in this topic

12 posts
145 battles

Hey, so I been watching this game for a bit, and noticed it came out of closed beta, signed up to Asia servers and downloaded the game, when I load up how ever, I can only see the EU server on the list above the login, I looked around for the server status, but didn't find anything on it, could someone tell me if this is a bug or the Asia server is currently down, Thanks.

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

You downloaded the EU server copy of World of Warships.

12 posts
145 battles

You downloaded the EU server copy of World of Warships.

Seriously... so I signed up on the Asia website.. only to be given the EU download.. is there any way to to just download a Asia patch rather then full redownload.. since my nets quite slow and would rather avoid that if possible, thanks.

12 posts
145 battles

Make sure to download the game on the asia website instead of finding the download page on google.

I did, since I signed up, and it recommenced I play in Asia, so I changed to the Asia fourms, but the download it gave me after signing up was still EU, just double check and yeah, thats the problem.

12 posts
145 battles

just tried to download from the asia website it gives:

ETR1dr2.png

Yes, I just redownloaded it now, my guess is that it might have been a glitch and the website thinking I was on EU for some reason, It seems I can just quickly patch the Asia in instead of a full redownload.. thankfully, that would have been another 10 or so hours -_-

12 posts
145 battles

OK, Never mind then, im done, im sure it's a great game and all, but I just downloaded the Asia version, reinstalled it, nope, still EU for some reason and im sure it's Asia because the file name is WoWS_internet_install_asia so yeah, this game doesn't want me to play apparently.

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,562 posts

just downloaded the installer and reinstalled the software. Aftr downloading the software and checking it, everything indicates the Asia server, on load up I got the Asia server. I have no idea how you are getting the EU server if you are downloading the Asia client. Make sure you un-install all copies of WoWS and try the Asia client again.

Super Tester
1,177 posts
4,099 battles

You don't have to re-download the ASIA game client, there's a XML tweak that you can do.

Hold on, let me look for it. Be right back.

EDIT: Here we go.

http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/topic/7316-changing-na-gameclient-into-asia/page__pid__106660#entry106660

and

http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/topic/4690-how-to-change-server/page__pid__71486#entry71486

Edited by benlisquare

12 posts
145 battles

You don't have to re-download the ASIA game client, there's a XML tweak that you can do.

Hold on, let me look for it. Be right back.

EDIT: Here we go.

http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/topic/7316-changing-na-gameclient-into-asia/page__pid__106660#entry106660

and

http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/topic/4690-how-to-change-server/page__pid__71486#entry71486

This worked, thanks, no offense to the mod above you, but you did a better job then him, it's kinda silly why it isn't a in built feature to change servers unless they all run on different versions.

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

This worked, thanks, no offense to the mod above you, but you did a better job then him, it's kinda silly why it isn't a in built feature to change servers unless they all run on different versions.

All servers are separate clients, and get patched at different times based on their physical locations. Hence why there's no built-in feature to switch servers. 

12 posts
145 battles

All servers are separate clients, and get patched at different times based on their physical locations. Hence why there's no built-in feature to switch servers. 

Yeah, thats kinda what I was guessing it would be, makes sense I guess, but would of make more sense to do something like the league of Legends client and allow the player to change servers on the update client, but thats just some feedback, oh well, my games working now, so might as well try it.

Alpha Tester
1,063 posts
509 battles

Just to correct you there SuperTesters are not mods.

Also next time be more alert on which website you are downloading the client from, so far every supertester and mod who downloaded it confirmed that it's the correct client version.

Edited by Halken_Sky

12 posts
145 battles

Just to correct you there SuperTesters are not mods.

Also next time be more alert on which website you are downloading the client from, so far every supertester and mod who downloaded it confirmed that it's the correct client version.

First off, I never said he was a mod, I simply said he did better then the mod above him, and second, if you read the eailer post, I wrote that I signed up on the ASIA server, where I DOWNLOADED the client from, but it gave me the wrong one, maybe due to a bug since I was on the EU server before that, but it recommended I change to Asia, in which I did.

Then I tired to reinstall the game with the Asia file, didn't work either, how ever, changing a bit of XML worked, so read everything before jumping to conclusions. 

Alpha Tester
1,063 posts
509 battles

And again we suggest you to uninstall the eu version and re install the Asia version.

By using the EU version and modding the xml file to connect to the asia servers you are still using a eu client.

Which if you encountered any client specific bugs may or may not be caused by your own foolishness due to using a different client version.

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Not to mention that EU updates via the launcher before Asia does - and if that happens, you'll be locked out from playing on Asia until Asia server updates as well.

Sign in to follow this