You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Col_Havoc

Which ships have potential for tournaments

30 comments in this topic

15 posts
349 battles

From current gameplay meta tournaments battles would look like this.

Assuming 7v7

CV:2

1xFull attack loadout

1xFull fighter loadout

CA:2

Cruiser to cover the CVs

(Most likely US for better AA)

BB:2

DD 1

Match starts with  both sides trying to wrestle for air superiority.

Fighter going into enemy area to scout and open up the path for the full attack squad to try to sink enemy CV.

BB CA will be AA picket for the CV while the DD will patrol around the fleet for enemy DD (Assuming the enemy isnt doing the same)

Once each side's aircrafts has been withered down somewhat, DD will scout forward a path then Carrier Battle Group will move together forward towards the enemy cap.

Ensuring battle starts between each side's capital ships, with whichever side having the air superiority having the upper hand.

Just my thoughts.

hmmm, I think more DDs would be needed

15 posts
349 battles

Still don't think that tournament for WOWS is possible. There is just too much RNG in the game unlike WOT. 

i don't think the RNG is too much... especially now that there are more indicators added, like the number of seconds your shells would arrive on the target

14 posts
500 battles

Imo this game for its 'genre' is bit too slow paced for esports, if people want a slow paced but still entertaining game they would watch Starcraft. Alot of things are also quite RNGesus based, much more so than WoT, which kinda makes it less suitable for esports.

61 posts
9,975 battles

Hearthstone has some RNG in it, ya know. But yeah, its the slow pacedness (if there's such a word) and the easy-to-read outcomes of Naval Battles wouldn't make it so entertaining.
Not to mention, if the esport format would give freedom to choose any ship for your team/fleet, it'd mostly be comprised of CV's, DD's, and CA's, with only a really few BB's making it in the list.

Props to the WoWs team if they actually make the game fair for everyone and very entertaining to watch.

[WTFM]
211 posts
9,982 battles

Still don't think that tournament for WOWS is possible. There is just too much RNG in the game unlike WOT. 

Ehhh, most FPS games RNG recoil, even CS:GO though it tightly follows a predetermined pattern, if they can run tournaments for something as broken as BF4 i don't see why they shouldn't for WoWS.