You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Col_Havoc

Which ships have potential for tournaments

30 comments in this topic

Super Tester
2,725 posts

Given the different game mechanics here, I don't think it will be the same with World of Tanks if there will be such game mode.

P.S.: Don't like copy-paste developments though :sceptic:

Edited by Mingfang47

Beta Tester
506 posts
1,386 battles

Given the different game mechanics here, I don't think it will be the same with World of Tanks if there will be such game mode.

So there won't be fleet / clan battle? :ohmy:

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

We don't even know the format for tournaments yet.

However, if we could choose any ship we wanted, I'd say 1-2 DDs, everything else CVs.

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,922 battles

Imagine a Jutland Style battle with 2 fleets of dreadnoughts/BB's duelling it out with each other 15 vs 15 lol, almost similar numbers to the actual battle, and while I'm on that subject, I seriously hope we don't have Midway or Coral sea style battles where ships act as AA platforms and the rest of the battle is simply CV's vs CV's

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Tier 4 to 10 : Any Carrier

Tier 5 : Minekaze and Kongou

Tier 6 : Cleveland

Tier 7 : Both BB

Tier 8 : Mogami

Tier 9: Iowa and Kagero

Tier 10: Shimakaze, Gearing, Both BB, Des Moines

just my opinion though

Edited by Harpoon01

Alpha Tester
1,063 posts
509 battles

Soon™ but no words from dev though. You have to wait. ;)

Hold your horses and wait for the official announcements like what mingfang has said.

[ARSUP]
Beta Tester
19 posts
2,192 battles

Imagine a Jutland Style battle with 2 fleets of dreadnoughts/BB's duelling it out with each other 15 vs 15 lol, almost similar numbers to the actual battle, and while I'm on that subject, I seriously hope we don't have Midway or Coral sea style battles where ships act as AA platforms and the rest of the battle is simply CV's vs CV's

I certainly dont see the devs recreating the Battle of Tsushima

Super Tester
1,677 posts

afaik only the cruisers may have the right to reach tier X whilst the BB's, CV's and to an extent the DD's are limited to tier VIII. 

if anyone would put the Benson in the Water, I would very much like it to YOLO like it did when it blasted Hiei and go on a gun brawl with Fubuki.

Alpha Tester
512 posts
308 battles

I seriously doubt there will be tournaments any time soon, if at all, cw would be a possibility but I doubt many people would be interested in tournaments, the game is far too slow paced to be enjoyable to watch for most people, plus there isn't really enough depth in the game to encourage variety.

5 posts
30 battles

I seriously doubt there will be tournaments any time soon, if at all, cw would be a possibility but I doubt many people would be interested in tournaments, the game is far too slow paced to be enjoyable to watch for most people, plus there isn't really enough depth in the game to encourage variety.

I agree what you say about the pace issue, as the map is much larger in World of Warships, both sides need a much longer time to get close and shoot each other. 

I guess it is too soon for us to say anything about clan wars or tournaments as the game is still in a beta stage, they may want to focus on the ships first.

Super Tester
1,779 posts
341 battles

I imagine live tournaments announcers waiting for some exciting stuff to happen in the match :D

@topic:

Basically all ships have potential in tournaments, its all up to the rules for the tournament on which tier to use (i.e high tier matches would be locked on Tier 8 to 10, mid tier matches would be locked on Tier 5 to 7, and as for low tiers situations may apply lol)

also, adding a Tournament only map would be okay too (esp good for live matches) and additional scenario's or objectives as such

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

Whatever they do - just don't go the WoT's way.

I don't mind a game had a Great E-Sports community, but after all the majority of the players are playing solo and in Random battles.

I don't want to see a Patch comes out and literally 70% of them are CW/Competitive related while normal content was pushed back/delayed/not a priority.

Exclusive ships are the primary thing I am worried about. Missions/Personal Missions can be Grinded out - Yet these cannot. I don't mind they get some massive reward like 100000 Gold or a Premium ship for free, or Whatever XP boost, Loads of Credits - but just don't do the Exclusive Ships like in Tanks. A. Ruining Potential Branches B. Impossible to get no matter how dedicate you are to the game as F you - You're not in a Clan!

Alpha Tester
548 posts

Every ships have its own potential in tournament, especially Tier VIII -> X Ships. But really, I don't like to see TB/CW-like things in WoWS. In WoT, it's kinda " not really cool ".

15 posts
349 battles

true...

would be interesting though. Got some of my friends here in the Philippines who are organizing some WoWS tournaments even though it is still in OBT

15 posts
349 battles

We don't even know the format for tournaments yet.

However, if we could choose any ship we wanted, I'd say 1-2 DDs, everything else CVs.

fast battle ships (battle cruisers) like the kongo would be nice if the format was tier 5-ish...

15 posts
349 battles

Tier 4 to 10 : Any Carrier

Tier 5 : Minekaze and Kongou

Tier 6 : Cleveland

Tier 7 : Both BB

Tier 8 : Mogami

Tier 9: Iowa and Kagero

Tier 10: Shimakaze, Gearing, Both BB, Des Moines

just my opinion though

minekaze and kongo = DEFINITELY! :trollface:

15 posts
349 battles

I agree what you say about the pace issue, as the map is much larger in World of Warships, both sides need a much longer time to get close and shoot each other. 

I guess it is too soon for us to say anything about clan wars or tournaments as the game is still in a beta stage, they may want to focus on the ships first.

well... I have been in low tier (tier 2-3) battles with lots of DDs and the match was very thrilling  :B

ST Coordinator
2,325 posts
2,196 battles

From current gameplay meta tournaments battles would look like this.

Assuming 7v7

CV:2

1xFull attack loadout

1xFull fighter loadout

CA:2

Cruiser to cover the CVs

(Most likely US for better AA)

BB:2

DD 1

Match starts with  both sides trying to wrestle for air superiority.

Fighter going into enemy area to scout and open up the path for the full attack squad to try to sink enemy CV.

BB CA will be AA picket for the CV while the DD will patrol around the fleet for enemy DD (Assuming the enemy isnt doing the same)

Once each side's aircrafts has been withered down somewhat, DD will scout forward a path then Carrier Battle Group will move together forward towards the enemy cap.

Ensuring battle starts between each side's capital ships, with whichever side having the air superiority having the upper hand.

Just my thoughts.