Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

22 comments in this topic

20 posts
939 battles

Had a few 12~15 - 0 matches, still digging through replays but here's 1 from like 2weeks ago. 11- 0. Don't have many actual screenshots saved as i always forget to mash the PrntScn button to insta-save screenshots for memorable matches.

shot-15.07.28_22.13.14-0220_zpsu4ymsv4i.jpg

The Myogi slow burnt/flooded and died milli-seconds after the last opponent was sunk on the otherside of the map. It was 1 of those weird easier "Is this match really happening" battles were everyone got into perfect positions and didn't lemming off and do there own thing.

Edited by JQP

Beta Tester
506 posts
1,386 battles

Guys... May I suggest blocking out names so we don't run afoul of the mods?

Why? They are all user names anyway, and there isn't any witch hunt happening.

Beta Tester
317 posts
953 battles

Why? They are all user names anyway, and there isn't any witch hunt happening.

Naming and shaming rules..... Naming and shaming rules..... Sometimes they see it as naming and shaming.......

Already in Alpha Testers
300 posts
938 battles

Even with near perfect match making results like this are going to happen because they are still possible.

Alpha Tester
512 posts
308 battles

Just saying, there's no issue with having people's names in screenshots like those which have been posted, you'll only run into issues if you say something like "player x is a [redacted] because of action".

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

Just saying, there's no issue with having people's names in screenshots like those which have been posted, you'll only run into issues if you say something like "player x is a [redacted] because of action".

No, that's the sensible approach one might expect.

Therefore, don't expect it.

:trollface:

Seems to me the first example must've had some idiot divisions? Look at the relative tiers. Enemy has 3 x tier 3 and 2 x tier 4 while OP's team has a SINGLE tier 4 as its lowest.

So idiot division or idiot MM if not both.

Alpha Tester
1,063 posts
509 battles

No, that's the sensible approach one might expect.

Therefore, don't expect it.

:trollface:

Seems to me the first example must've had some idiot divisions? Look at the relative tiers. Enemy has 3 x tier 3 and 2 x tier 4 while OP's team has a SINGLE tier 4 as its lowest.

So idiot division or idiot MM if not both.

This is partly why you got to remove the names from the screenshots if not people will classify the losing team as "idiots".

As such also protects the people in your screenshots.

[151ST]
In-Training Moderator
95 posts
4,632 battles

Guys... May I suggest blocking out names so we don't run afoul of the mods?

Mod is standing by

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

This is partly why you got to remove the names from the screenshots if not people will classify the losing team as "idiots".

As such also protects the people in your screenshots.

Hey gang,

Sorry it took so long for me to get to this one. Would have commented yesterday. Stupid RL.

Makise_Kuristina was correct in saying that the names of screen caps should be redacted where possible, especially when comments associated with the screen cap could be seen as derogatory or perhaps insulting. Is it a major thing? Well, you'd have to say not really. But if you dump a screen cap on the forum with player names and say something like "all of the carrier players were ________(insert perceived insults here)________", then you are technically naming and shaming these players....and that can lead to the dark side (or whatever the Warships equivalent is........Davy Jones' locker?). It's amazing how quickly something so simple can escalate to all sorts of internet nastiness and inevitable moderator action.

The good news is that posters went back and redacted accordingly, saving me having to sort it out.  I just recommend you all consider the above in future when posting screen caps, specifically if you plan on saying something about the team members contained within that screen cap.

Cheers :-)

Edited by Noppers

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

Hey gang,

Sorry it took so long for me to get to this one. Would have commented yesterday. Stupid RL.

Makise_Kuristina was correct in saying that the names of screen caps should be redacted where possible, especially when comments associated with the screen cap could be seen as derogatory or perhaps insulting. Is it a major thing? Well, you'd have to say not really. But if you dump a screen cap on the forum with player names and say something like "all of the carrier players were ________(insert perceived insults here)________", then you are technically naming and shaming these players....and that can lead to the dark side (or whatever the Warships equivalent is........Davy Jones' locker?). It's amazing how quickly something so simple can escalate to all sorts of internet nastiness and inevitable moderator action.

The good news is that posters went back and redacted accordingly, saving me having to sort it out.  I just recommend you all consider the above in future when posting screen caps, specifically if you plan on saying something about the team members contained within that screen cap.

Cheers :-)

The amusing thing is the largest WG forum and player base, namely Russia, doesn't insist on this and the devs even post the names/IDs of people being banned for botting etc.

Discussed this at length in tanks. Typically pointless because it's an arbitrary server based decision where no attempt even to explain it is given.

[151ST]
In-Training Moderator
95 posts
4,632 battles

The amusing thing is the largest WG forum and player base, namely Russia, doesn't insist on this and the devs even post the names/IDs of people being banned for botting etc.

Discussed this at length in tanks. Typically pointless because it's an arbitrary server based decision where no attempt even to explain it is given.

Few, if any, of the players on this forum are Russian. Different cultures, different considerations. :-)

(FYI - would love to speak directly to some players somedays........especially the ones on my team who shoot me in the first 20 seconds of a battle with torps.....surprisingly, they're not always in my division :sceptic: )

Edited by Noppers
Humour

Sign in to follow this