Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Frizbee

A suggestion for the tech tree.

6 comments in this topic

8 posts
626 battles

Could all ships please be displayed on the Tech Tree, even if you are not able to get the ship in question. (Ie. Display those ships that were rewards for closed Alpha and Beta, and the current give-away ship, and all premium ships no longer able to be purchased like the Warspite)

The reason I say this, is because often the ships have different stats (detection range, firing range etc) and it'd be nice to be able to take a look to see the capabilities of those ships prior to encountering them, and to see óh hey, that ship DOES have torpedo launchers' without discovering it to your detriment at a range of 2km's.

It'd save having to Google search them to see the differences.

Instead of 'not researched'over it, it could just say 'Locked' or something similar to indicate that it's no longer available to players.

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

There's no point in showing people ships that they can't get. If WG did, players would start complain on the forums "Oh why can't we get this, WG is being [insert it here] again, blah blah blah" and so on.

Furthermore, quite a number of ships are in "hidden" stats because they are still in testing, which means their performance and characteristics are highly subjected to changes, which is another reason why it's better to not let regular players see them because if so they would start complaining on the forums "Hey this new premium ship is OP, much pay2win, etc etc".

No, I don't think that's a good idea. I'd only look at ships' statistics if WG say they are ready for release, because then the players would be able to make a more accurate judge of what WG plans to do with that.

8 posts
626 battles

Really though, players can already say Óh why can't we get this, blah blah blah' and so on, because we can SEE those ships in game when someone has one.

It'd just be nice to be able to have more than 20 seconds that the map loading screen gives you to check out their stats compared to your ship, and to also look at their possible upgrades.

I get your point about pre-release ships, but they'd only have to add them to the tech tree once they have been put up for actual sale (once testing is complete).

8 posts
626 battles

Thanks Chawp, that site was actually what I was thinking of when I wrote about 'having to Google the stats.'

It'd just be nice to see it added to the game by default.

[BLUMR]
1,134 posts
1,377 battles

Thanks Chawp, that site was actually what I was thinking of when I wrote about 'having to Google the stats.'

It'd just be nice to see it added to the game by default.

No worries,

I had no luck trying to find the mod I mentioned before. It pretty much added all the ships that were in the game into the tech tree, you just couldn't press research but you can still see their stats and what not.

It could possibly been deleted.

Sign in to follow this