Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
skymountain

about the safe range of aircraft torpedo

11 comments in this topic

5 posts
2,471 battles

some balance patch need to resolve the Dive-torpedo-bomber.

In 4~5 top tier battle, carriers attack with their torpedo bombers too closely. in the battle today, my cruiser, phoenix, was sunk by torpedos which shoot in 0.8km with two torpedo bomber flight.

is anyone who can avoid them?

Edited by skymountain

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

You Seriously getting Torp by CV in a Phoneix? It's Super maneuverable already. Turn Towards/Turn Around to line as a straight line to avoid get hit Broadside.

Also, The Arming distance before is much lower than currently - The one now is pretty long already. Do note that IJN Torpedo Bombers had a Slightly shorter arming distance.

29 posts
850 battles

Sail to/away from them as they approach and focus AA on the nearest squadron by CTRL+L.click on their icon.

If CV use 2 or 3 TBs to perform a pincer attack, just pray to RNG.

Edited by Menrva_Scarlet

Alpha Tester
76 posts

Sail to/away from them as they approach and focus AA on the nearest squadron by CTRL+L.click on their icon.

If CV use 2 or 3 TBs to perform a pincer attack, just pray to RNG.

pray for your connection too so they don't disconnect when you get attack lol

i got 1 of disconnect while i try to evade the torp  only 1 world 1 can say at that time FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!

Edited by reinforcezwei

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

You Seriously getting Torp by CV in a Phoneix? It's Super maneuverable already. Turn Towards/Turn Around to line as a straight line to avoid get hit Broadside.

Also, The Arming distance before is much lower than currently - The one now is pretty long already. Do note that IJN Torpedo Bombers had a Slightly shorter arming distance.

You can't avoid 3 squads of IJN TB attacking at same time, happened to me once. Ofcourse the captain was reasonably competent to be able to pull that off, I did everything I can.

Not sure about OP's case though.

Super Tester
2,725 posts

Torpedo bomber auto attack starts about 2 km. When you see them before 2km go dodge the attack.

Dive bomber auto attack starts like 1km or 2 km?

Torpedoes are armed 1 km after launched.

Manually attacking your Cruiser is a no no because your Phoenix is maneuverable but what happen to you well.... since 2 squadron of torpedo bomber attacked you, guess you got crossed by that carrier.

Edited by Mingfang47

Beta Tester
823 posts
4,972 battles

If torpedos launched at the 2km away, but I can't see it before it comes to me closely?

If all replies are true, this is the only way to explain that.

The torpedoes land in the water and begin moving towards you.  At first they are not armed and will not appear.  When they travel a short distance, they will be armed and will be visible.  It will look like the torpedoes appeared very close to you, but they did travel some distance.

Turn towards torpedo aircraft in your ship and you will often make the torpedo bombers miss you.  Or, their torpedoes will not arm in time, and will not hurt you.

Sign in to follow this