You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Marisp17

German Tier 8 Battleships and how they render In Game!

59 comments in this topic

Super Tester
149 posts

Hello everyone, Happy 17th Anniversary Day Wargaming! 

As you all heard from the new patch notes from the portal. The first ships of the german nation was implemented for Supertesting purposes, this included the famous Bismarck class battleships at tier 8 and one of which will be a tier 8 premium (Assuming Tirpitz) on the tech tree in the upcoming future. For now we shall see how they appear in game, special thanks to SideStrafe from NA Server for spotting these beautiful ships when a Dev was testing it on the NA server!

According to Ichasegaming, the USS Arizona will be an upcoming premium ship as well!

Edited by Marisp17

Super Tester
149 posts

USS Arizona, it's gonna be tier6-7 premium right?

21 knots top speed...hmm no thanks, my Warspite is more suitable for me.

Let's hope she doesn't get her magazine blown up like what happened during Pearl Harbor :hiding:

Yes possibly though not sure about how WG will balance the ship for the game yet as not much info about it is present at this moment. 

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

Yes possibly though not sure about how WG will balance the ship for the game yet as not much info about it is present at this moment. 

It's simple, she's basically a stock New Mexico with shorter barrel guns (45 compare to New Mexico's 50) and almost no AA at all.

I'd say tier6 is more probable, although I wonder how will she fare if she really does show up with only several 5-inch guns and a couples of 50 cal MG...

And that 21 knots top speed...

Super Tester
149 posts

It's simple, she's basically a stock New Mexico with shorter barrel guns (45 compare to New Mexico's 50) and almost no AA at all.

I'd say tier6 is more probable, although I wonder how will she fare if she really does show up with only several 5-inch guns and a couples of 50 cal MG...

Warspite is worth it compared to Arizona and I would like to see a quite historical battle between the Tirpitz vs. Warspite. :)

Beta Tester
773 posts
796 battles

A stock New Mexico hull with the New York's guns at tier 6?

Super Tester
802 posts

There's a lot of people saying that the Arizona will be a premium, as for what tier I've already said that it's likely to be tier 5-6. Given that it had practically no AA though it's hard to say how well it will do at those tiers. Who knows, without AP dive bombers she might stand a chance in this game.

Too soon? :trollface:

It's simple, she's basically a stock New Mexico 

With shorter guns, and one less main turret. 

Beta Tester
486 posts
7,921 battles

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Hmmmm - posted that yesterday on the Bismark/Tirpitz review

http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/topic/7664-bismarck-and-tirpitz-preview/page__st__60#topmost

Guess no one was interested to look

Edited by Kapitan_Zur_See_Hoffmann

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

It will be interesting to see how they perform, only firing 8 round salvoes at a time. They will either have a faster reload, better accuracy, or decent DPM vs the 12 round salvoes. SURELY.

195 posts
356 battles

I read somewhere the Bismarck has a hull that makes torpedoes unable to lock on; Maybe this can be inplemented into the game as when you aim a torpedo at it, you don't get the marker where you drop your torpedoes for them to hit. You basicaly have to know where to fire them to hit them.

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

I read somewhere the Bismarck has a hull that makes torpedoes unable to lock on;

Wikipedia?

Also, Guided Torpedoes in WWII ain't that reliable or common. Like it wouldn't really matter anyway as Torpedo in Worships aren't guided anyway.

Edited by Alvin1020

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

Nah, a book. Although Wikipedia probably has that.

Book? Mate you need to make sure the author isn't talking _____. Or have you misunderstood the author's meaning.

195 posts
356 battles

It's called: The Ultimate book of Military Vehicles.

It says: She was protected MES (Magnetischer-Eigenschutz) "magnetic self-protection system", which demagnitized her hull against magnetic minea and TORPEDOES.

Unless I've done some baddie reading, then that means what I said before

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

I read somewhere the Bismarck has a hull that makes torpedoes unable to lock on; Maybe this can be inplemented into the game as when you aim a torpedo at it, you don't get the marker where you drop your torpedoes for them to hit. You basicaly have to know where to fire them to hit them.

First of all the only 'guided' torps in WWII Atlantic were acoustic. The only way to defeat those was generally through a 'foxer' that was towed behind a ship and made an awful noise to confuse the guidance system.

Secondly, those torps were used by the Allies as anti-sub weapons (they were referred to as 'mines'). They were so successful in that role that the Germans never learned of them as no sub ever survived an attack by one.

The Bismarck was hit by several torps. There was nothing 'magic' about her hull other than being large, well compartmentalised and decently armoured. Nothing else.

If you're referring to the anti-mag stuff, that was designed to make magnetic detonators fail to work. Ships even had 'degaussing' cables designed to do similar things. As it happened, the magnetic detonators on both USN and German torps were prone to loads of failures initially anyway; that's what prompted Prien's famous 'wooden gun' quote after he experienced such a failure then got attacked for some hours (obviously he survived that attack).

p.s. I note from that video that she catches fire as though covered in fuel-soaked firewood, too.

Edited by Steeltrap

Beta Tester
486 posts
7,921 battles

It will be interesting to see how they perform, only firing 8 round salvoes at a time. They will either have a faster reload, better accuracy, or decent DPM vs the 12 round salvoes. SURELY.

The Warspite only has 8 round salvos and it can be devastating ........... Hope the guns on the Tirpitz are as good 
Edited by Kapitan_Zur_See_Hoffmann

195 posts
356 battles

I think the Tripitz got torpedoes (From what I saw on Wikipedia - May not be true). Other then that, are there any differences (Can't see any so far).