Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
skymountain

Wargaming shoud ban racial words in chatings.

14 comments in this topic

5 posts
2,462 battles

Today, (2015.08.01), I saw one players chat "chosensin noob" in the battle. I chat to him that it is not a good words and if you really want to  use it, you can replace that words as kankokusin. And after that he use that words to me.

He said that words means 'North Koreans in japan' so it is not racial hate speeches. But it can replace by more neutral words like 'jainichi'. (I really want to know why they want to use that words in pvp battle, except to use as insult some country or people)

That word, 'chosensin' means Korea's last dynasty's people in japanese, but after the japanese rule in 1910~1945, Koreans didn't use 조선인(chosensin). they use 한국인(kankokusin [means korean in japanese])

Many Koreans didn't like word  'chosensin' , because using it without the historical extent in the text, it can (and almost every text) intimate the recognition which means some japanese still think korean is their colony, and  koreans are their 2nds nation.

Asian server is Asian server. It is used by all countries people in Asia. I hope that Asian server will be free for any problems which comes from countries and nation.

Edited by skymountain

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

Hi skymountain,

If you encounter anyone using derogatory terms in-game, please report them by submitting a ticket to support.

Thanks.

Super Tester
1,177 posts
4,099 battles

I can confirm that OP is indeed correct, and that "chosenjin" is used as an ethnic slur against Koreans. I haven't seen any of this occur in game, however if you do have a replay of this, send it to support staff, and include an explanation of the turns of events.

Super Tester
1,177 posts
4,099 battles

Of cource I report users who use derogatory term, but  I think fundametal solution is ban that word.

Currently I think only the Russian WoT server has an automatic word filter, which mostly covers generic cuss words like x*n, bl**t and c**a (I'm pretty sure it doesn't cover racial slurs), and automatically chatbans players which use them. On the NA WoT server, racial slurs are banned on a per-report basis (players have to manually report players, there's no automatic ban in place). Meanwhile, none of the WoWS servers have any sort of wordfilter in place which detects cusses or slurs.

Since WoWS is currently a work-in-progress, it's not finished yet, but we might see a similar implementation in the future.

5 posts
2,462 battles

thank you for your advice. I think wargaming already deal with this problem in WOT, amd WOWS is in beta.

I hope that this problem will not spread the other users. like Korea vs japan or China vs japan.

Super Tester
1,677 posts

in all honesty though, I'm actually a bit intrigued on racial insults (a part of me wishes to list it in the terminology but I think its already iterated as a nope.avi even for reference purposes) that started spawning here since I know very few and even if I did know, would never rail it against the fellow APAC guys.

Super Tester
802 posts

or if you say bad word then it automatically block the chat from that person, like the spaming thing in WoT and have warning messege.

Actually you can enable or disable that filter. Toggle it if you don't like grown up words.

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,922 battles

Lol asian countries really don't seem to like each other, hard feelings from wars i take it? 

Yeap, same way many euro countries has issues with each other from events in WW2 and the cold war

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,833 posts
4,122 battles

And the poor old Aussies and kiwis blue over the big issues like football.

To those that want to use a game to spew their nationalistic vitriol. Please piss off.

Super Tester
293 posts
4,850 battles

yesterday I did saw a person blaming a "Korean" player in his new york for the team's defeat. Though in the end we managed to win the game ( and the one who said the racist remarks died early in his atago lol ). Seriously blaming a player's nationality is just that racist and blindly stereotyping others as well.

Sign in to follow this