Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
yobbo1972

ALBANY

21 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,917 battles

ya new ship is ... well rubbish

if it going to be a premium ship then make it play against tier 2 ships only, it doesn't stand a chance against tier 3 ships

thought you would of worked it out by now that the free stuff u give away is always going to be really bad, so at lest make it play its own tier   hey

its not that hard to work it out.

with your record and giving away bad items as gift, you should already know its can only compete at its own tier and not higher.

Edited by yobbo1972

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

USS Albany is not bad. It's like a Kawachi at Tier 2. Your range is rubbish, but woe befall any DD who dare approach you, or any ship at that level for that matter.

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,917 battles

it a rubbish ship and needs better fire rate, if they buff the fire rate it can at lest stand a chance.

I don't care about the range of the guns anyways as im a player who likes to get closer to the enemy and get more hits than sit back at max range and miss everything

yeah and I bet cash  is what they will do. add it to the premium shop at a later date after they buff it but I do think WG are really bad at what they do or is it just the people who are the dumb ones giving WG what they want instead???

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

it a rubbish ship and needs better fire rate, if they buff the fire rate it can at lest stand a chance.

I don't care about the range of the guns anyways as im a player who likes to get closer to the enemy and get more hits than sit back at max range and miss everything

yeah and I bet cash  is what they will do. add it to the premium shop at a later date after they buff it but I do think WG are really bad at what they do or is it just the people who are the dumb ones giving WG what they want instead???

Well if you don't like the ship, you can sell it, that's it.

WG have their own way of balancing ships, especially premium ones. Complaining on the forums does no good.

P.S: It sux, that's why it's free. The ship remained that way for so long now, seems like WG is not going to touch it anymore so giveup on complaining.

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

Even though it's bad, I'm pretty sure we can make it work. Think T28. Ahaha.

Oh God please don't remind me...

Well after that was the T95, awesome in its own right. :)

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,801 battles

I HATE THIS FREE GIFT WG GAVE ME!!!

Stop whining.

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

I had a run in it. The 6km firing range is poor, most of anything can out range you, lols.

But you can play it exactly for that, the lols.

I don't think anything has less range than this ship, and this thing gets spotted way before it gets into gun range. 20 knots top speed doesn't help either.

Only play this ship if you are a masochist :hiding:

5 posts
569 battles

Actually didn't mind the Albany, as a tier2 cruiser it's not too bad. Even managed to take out a tier2 light cruiser and a BB in one battle. (Yes, of course with help, don't be daft!) The problem I have with it, and the reason I'm going to sell mine, is that at tier3 you have the St Louis which has twice the firepower and twice the HP which roughly equates to four times the damage before you're sunk so even with its premium bonus you still come out way ahead without really facing much stiffer opposition. If they capped the Albany's oppostion at tier2 it'd be a fun little ship to play.

Beta Tester
49 posts
4,044 battles

ALBANY = Atlanta

Very good spamming gun but poor in range ..

My Opinion better in wolf pack Division will bring joy in game but alone ...sadly been tears apart...

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

Played it once for a training 2x.

32k damage, 903 exp. Made about 50k CR from memory, and I'm not on premium account.

Fail to see the problem, personally.

Edited by Steeltrap

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,562 posts

Have you ever been to Albany?

The town is a bit like the ship. That might explain a few things.

town has better pubs.....

45 posts
1,228 battles

I think its the most rubbish ship in the game and I wouldn't have a problem with that since its free excepting that it is a liability to any team it goes on.

Super Tester
293 posts
4,850 battles

Albany, its like the kawachi basically. poor range but once ships got in range. her guns will pound away shells after shells and can sufficiently damage any cruiser in its tier with ease.

Sign in to follow this