Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
silenthunter19944

Broken Japanese carrier

18 comments in this topic

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

They just have way too many planes, my US fighters can't take on 4-6 torpedo bombers squadron at once.... And what else is that because I have a fighter load out I have been thrown into match and I earn 300exp.... I also get nothing for shooting down enemy planes. Why are IJN carriers better than the U.S. One ?

Edited by silenthunter19944

Beta Tester
506 posts
1,386 battles

They just have way too many planes, my US fighters can't take on 4-6 torpedo bombers squadron at once.... And what else is that because I have a fighter load out I have been thrown into match and I earn 300exp.... I also get nothing for shooting down enemy planes. Why are IJN carriers better than the U.S. One ?

If you think that's awful, wait until you get to Independence where your fighters are worthless against T7 carrier fighters since you can get match up against them now. All fighters loadout are meaningless in Independence.

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

Halken would be furious to see this :D

IJN CV don't need a nerf however - they are just good ships.

But what the problem is that there are too few counters to CV currently - which make them very imbalanced (Not Overpowered!).

- USN Fighters Struugle even to defend themselves.

- Lack of incentive to shoot down stuff as they give _____.

- AA rarely shoot down stuff Before they drop their payload.

- Nearly inevitable below TIer 5.

Also,

If you think that's awful, wait until you get to Independence where your fighters are worthless against T7 carrier fighters since you can get match up against them now. All fighters loadout are meaningless in Independence.

Ranger is worst. Independence is faster at least. And it is 1 Tier higher.

Edited by Alvin1020

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

But what the problem is that there are too few counters to CV currently - which make them very imbalanced (Not Overpowered!).

Also,

Look at the U.S. Vs IJN CV post. 80% voted for IJN. Purely broken 

Edited by silenthunter19944

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

Mate start a poll in NA forum.

I have to agree CV are broken Under Tier 5, but after that if you had good enough situation awareness and you are not stupid enough to go alone, you can minimize the incoming damage pretty easily.

Edited by Alvin1020

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

Just Nerf the Japanese carriers, they have all the OP ships, US carriers are always bad for some reason..... Irl, the U.S. Planes will tear up any Japanese plane

Oh boy... :hiding:

Am I the only one who think that US ships are more viable than Jpn ones? High tiers that is.

Fletcher > Kagero.

North Carolina > Amagi.

Iowa >> Izumo.

Montana > Yamato.

Essex > Taiho.

Baltimore > Ibuki.

Des Moines > Zao.

That aside, back to the main topic:

- Low tier US CV are underpowered, we know that.

- IJN CV of lower tier aren't OP, it's just that there are no counter to them. Once you progress up the tiers things change drastically.

- With careful planning and tactics, you can outplay IJN CV in 1v1 situation. Ofcourse if it's 2v1 then you are dead anyway.

Alpha Tester
1,063 posts
509 battles

Why would I be furious over people who have no idea how to play the game and the game mechanics?

This would be the last time I will reply to such threads as it's a waste of my time to help people who have no idea how the game mechanics work and the tactics around them.

Beta Tester
404 posts
1,148 battles

that's an old thread,

IJN CV has got a lot of nerfs after that thread

2 IJN CV can beat 1 US CV,IJN CV OP!!

DD can sink a BB,DD OP!!

can't see DD in smoke without using sonar, Smoke OP!!

BB can one salvo everything, BB OP!!

AP can cause 10000damage each, AP OP!!

CA/CL can spam shells on BB, CA/CL OP!!

HE can burn BB half of his hp, HE OP!!

CV's TB can easily take out a BB, CV OP!!

AA guns can take down a whole squad, AA OP!!

people love to say poi, Poi OP!!

the game is purely broken

Edited by CarbonMonoxide

Alpha Tester
20 posts
714 battles

Also,

Can you tell me how is Ranger the worst? I'm currently going to try USN Carriers,

shooting IJN enemy planes seems fun to make them pissed off, lol :D

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

Can you tell me how is Ranger the worst? I'm currently going to try USN Carriers,

shooting IJN enemy planes seems fun to make them pissed off, lol :D

It had 2/0/2 - meaning it had 1 extra DB from the Independence - Seems good right?

Nope. Hiryu had more squadron than the Ryujo but the amount of fighters squadrons of the Ranger hadn't been increased - meaning you have to deal with more things with the same amount of fighters.

The Ranger is Slower, More Sluggish, Worse concealment to trade for a bit more AA.

It's still ok-ish to use if the guy don't know whats he's doing, but I strongely recommend you go through it as qucikly as possible as the Lexington to Midway grind is Heaven.

Edited by Alvin1020

Super Tester
2,725 posts

Not sure how broken is Japanese CV when Japanese planes are actually made of tofu to compensate its game doctrine.

Well here some points to understand Japanese CV:

- When you see enemy Japanese CV, expect it equipped full strike load out & it has larger plane capacity. Japanese Fighter have lesser use, so why bother keeping fighters on my flight deck?

- Gameplay doctrine of Japanese CV is all-out attack at once. This line encourage players to go aggressive and they can go swarm enemy CV first to gain control of the sky. Just like what happened to you.

Edited by Mingfang47

505 posts
4,176 battles

1-1 IJN CV will have trouble trying to attack and stay away from the USN CV

- Gameplay doctrine of Japanese CV is all-out attack at once. This line encourage players to go aggressive and they can go swarm enemy CV first to gain control of the sky. Just like what happened to you.

I agree, if IJN CV doesn't destroy the USN CV you'll slowly lose all your planes

but i do say that most ship tier 5 and higher have decent AA to fend off planes

1,230 posts
2,391 battles

Don't get mad then, I noticed that silenthunter's contribution to this forum is just rants.

You've never touched IJN carriers before.

You should already knew that IJNs are primarily attack planes and US's is fighters.

With that knowledge, you should already know from the forums that, currently, shooting down planes doesn't give much EXP, that's already a known thing.

You should also know that IJN fighters SU*Ks, It will be good only in case of u get thrown into a match that enemy's carrier is higher tier that u. For example, Independence at T6 get VS by Hiryu which is a T7. That way, it's MM's problem, not the carriers.

And you said you can't shoot them all, if you can, who would play IJN carriers then?

Alpha Tester
372 posts
715 battles

Aww man even you are talking about IJN CV s*uck if it sucks how can I hold this tension to continue my IJN CV line you see you do all the research watch gameplay before you decide what you want. Why are IJN CV better hmm well they are called the damage dealer with their torp even their squadron are small you will still be able to have fun with just play careful ya know stay away from USN fighters that's the most important thing while USN CV focus on air supremacy all they do is just hunt other planes and kill that's it their torp can't really do much in order to do much they will need more planes to do so well most of their planes will get torn off with my CV AA when they are near the good thing is their dive bomber is kinda good doing damage though from my perspective hehe. I am happy to on my IJN CV line 

Edited by daniel98

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

erm I have the tier 4 IJN CV, with fully upgraded fighters and torpedo bombers. AND IT'S TERRIBLE.

The USA tier 4 CV fighters eat mine ALIVE. 

Because you aren't suppose to go one on one with them?

Alpha Tester
372 posts
715 battles

erm I have the tier 4 IJN CV, with fully upgraded fighters and torpedo bombers. AND IT'S TERRIBLE.

The USA tier 4 CV fighters eat mine ALIVE. 

You should not face that Langley one on one find an alternative way to counter the enemy alright 

Sign in to follow this