Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralAckbar91

British Ship Request

8 comments in this topic

2 posts

Hey Wargaming,

As a dedicated supporter, I feel I have to put my opinion forward on your upcoming British tech tree for World of Warships.

As an Australian, I would love to see the Leander-class light cruisers in the tech tree. Three were operated by the Royal Australian Navy (HMA Ships Sydney, Perth and Hobart) and saw commendable action during the war, two being lost in action. (Read the story on HMAS Perth and its crew. Actually incredible.) Including them will bring plenty of Australians into the game. In the case that you were planning on including the class already, then I congratulate you on an excellent choice and look forward to it. Not to mention them being extremely beautiful ships.

hmas-sydney.jpg

Edited by AdmiralAckbar91

[BLUMR]
1,134 posts
1,377 battles

Still hoping for them to include the Battle Class Destroyers, espeically the 1944 Australian Battle Classes.

The Lender class would work at tier 6, I think it would be competitive vs the Aoba. 

74 posts
3,227 battles

The Leanders should get extra points for survivability - they were really well constructed ships that could take a lot of punishment. HMNZS Achilles and HMNZS Leander both served as NZ ships during WW2, with distinction.

Super Tester
802 posts
bingo.

I really hate these fan made tech trees because they always gimp the RN's DD or CL/CA line and only manage to get the carrier line the most theoretically accurate. (not hard to do) For example, no Town Class cruisers, no Daring Class destroyers (My personal candidate for tier 10 DD)

In short, the RN (and by nature of our nations at the time, the RAN and RNZN) are coming, but are likely to follow after the Russian line is included.

Sign in to follow this