Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
CarbonMonoxide

DD's guns seems nerfed

16 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
404 posts
1,148 battles

Recently I got the isokaze

I thought it's gun would be great as the turret can turn fast

but when I fight with other DDs

I found that the shell travels for a long time

8.88seconds for 9km

aiming at a DD 5km away, I have to aim at very very far that the edge of my screen has quite a lot distance with the DD

it's even easier to aim in a BB

another problem I found is

the shell fly so high

so high that the shell fly over my screen

unbelievable

I don't know if it's just isokaze or the DD's guns got nerfed

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

DD are always like that - I mean always that weak.

Also, Many people seems to don't know this - but using engine boost will increase the range where you will be spotted (e.g. Minekaze will goes up from 5.9 to ~6.2)

I'll leave it here.

Edited by Alvin1020

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

The nerf to DD gun was the HE damage, shell physics weren't touched.

But if you are using guns in an IJN DD, and against other DD on top of that, you are doing it wrong. Just focus on running away instead.

Izokaze's gun is decnet actually. 22 Seconds Turn time isn't that bad.

29 posts
850 battles

Isokaze use 120mm right?

From what I heard and tested, light shell will fly higher and take more time to reach its target. 

I noticed this when I played Umikaze (120mm) and Myoko (203mm).

Edited by Menrva_Scarlet

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
945 posts
5,648 battles

I'd just be happy with them to fix the smoke. Sick of having AA off, sitting still, only to have a CA spot me from 7km away while in a wall of smoke. (all enemy DD's dead and my 'spotted perk' lights up)

Back on topic, IJN DD get the great long range torps why the US have suicide range torps, hence the better guns

Beta Tester
404 posts
1,148 battles

DD are always like that - I mean always that weak.

Also, Many people seems to don't know this - but using engine boost will increase the range where you will be spotted (e.g. Minekaze will goes up from 5.9 to ~6.2)

I'll leave it here.

what?!

Now I realise that why I often get spotted outside the spotting range

is WG really hate DD that much?

Isokaze use 120mm right?

From what I heard and tested, light shell will fly higher and take more time to reach its target. 

I noticed this when I played Umikaze (120mm) and Myoko (203mm).

Physically, it is

but it shouldn't fly that high and that long time

it's too much

and also, hatsuharu's 127mm gun in CBT don't fly high, and IJN guns' path is usually straight

I'd just be happy with them to fix the smoke. Sick of having AA off, sitting still, only to have a CA spot me from 7km away while in a wall of smoke. (all enemy DD's dead and my 'spotted perk' lights up)

Back on topic, IJN DD get the great long range torps why the US have suicide range torps, hence the better guns

IJN DD get better(but still awful) torpedo while US DD get better guns

but IJN DD's gun used to have an advantage of a straighter path

Hatsuharu's 127mm gun was awesome in CBT

but now, I found that isokaze's gun is almost unusable due to the US like path

I'm afraid that high-tier-IJN gun would be like that

btw, about the smoke nerf

smoke used to be OP but DD were UP so it was just fine

now, smoke can't help the UP DD much, so it's kind of unbalancing

Super Tester
2,314 posts
7,096 battles

Thread starter can I call you by your chemical formula CO? Thx.

Why WG hate DD? The question you should be asking is why PLAYERS or BOTTLESHEEPS hate DDs. With all the murderous DD statistics back in CBT and all the flamming and hate posts in CBT forums, we get the current state of DDs, torp detection tange and all. 

Simply put, generate enough hate, whines and murderous stats, you can bring about nerfs

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

Thread starter can I call you by your chemical formula CO? Thx.

Why WG hate DD? The question you should be asking is why PLAYERS or BOTTLESHEEPS hate DDs. With all the murderous DD statistics back in CBT and all the flamming and hate posts in CBT forums, we get the current state of DDs, torp detection tange and all. 

Simply put, generate enough hate, whines and murderous stats, you can bring about nerfs

And WG said "We don't care about Whining", hey?

Also, my prove to the "Engine Boost thing",

ZUsgZg3.jpg

Edited by Alvin1020

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
945 posts
5,648 battles

Stats on DD's are the lowest by long shot now.....wish I could find the link that had all the stats from the first month of play....just remember seeing CV had the highest dmg with DD's at the bottom with less then half of what CV's get

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

Stats on DD's are the lowest by long shot now.....wish I could find the link that had all the stats from the first month of play....just remember seeing CV had the highest dmg with DD's at the bottom with less then half of what CV's get

It's because the main targets of CV are large capital ships, so it's obvious that they have the highest damage dealt per battle.

I'm not objecting that Carriers are a bit too powerful right now, though part of that is due to how the loadouts are distributed right now and the low reward from shooting down planes. In the end most Carrier players went full bomber and kill enemy CV first before feasting on ships, previously we have plenty of Fighters flying around, now not nearly as many.

Beta Tester
753 posts
657 battles

IJN DD using it's guns, BAD DD, BAD! *whacks with a rolled up newspaper* "Only USN DD's should use thier guns" Yeah 127mm HE was nerfed hard. which pretty much killed USN DD's since they relay on thier guns.

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

IJN DD using it's guns, BAD DD, BAD! *whacks with a rolled up newspaper* "Only USN DD's should use thier guns" Yeah 127mm HE was nerfed hard. which pretty much killed USN DD's since they relay on thier guns.

Izokaze and Tier 7 or above IJN DD say Hi.

Beta Tester
753 posts
657 battles

Izokaze and Tier 7 or above IJN DD say Hi.

Yeah. But as a rule of thumb. IJN shouldn't relay on thier guns as much as a USN DD.

Beta Tester
404 posts
1,148 battles

Yeah. But as a rule of thumb. IJN shouldn't relay on thier guns as much as a USN DD.

But in fact

high tier IJN DD is forced to rely on their guns(except Shimakaze)

gun is the only way to deal damage for high tier IJN DD

Sign in to follow this