8 comments in this topic

Super Tester
1,177 posts
4,099 battles

If you research a ship that has a stock torpedo module, that same torpedo module automatically becomes researched for free on other ships as well. This means you can slice off anywhere between 500 to 9,500 XP from your grind.

This only applies to torpedo modules of the same name: This WILL NOT APPLY for guns and fire control modules of the same name (e.g. researching the fire control upgrade for Kongo will not also give you the fire control upgrade for Minekaze, even though they both bear the same name).

• Researching Phoenix (tier 4 USN CL) will grant you the Mark 11 torpedoes for free on the Clemson (tier 4 USN DD), which will save you 1,700 XP. Hence, it is recommended to research the Phoenix before the Clemson, if you can.
  • Researching Tenryu (tier 3 IJN CL) before the Umikaze (tier 2 IJN DD) will grant you the Type 44 mod.2 torpedoes for free, which will save you 500 XP.
  • Researching Kuma (tier 4 IJN CL) before the Wakatake (tier 3 IJN DD) will grant you the Type 6 torpedoes for free, which will save you 1,600 XP.
  • Researching Aoba (tier 6 IJN CA) before the Mutsuki (tier 6 IJN DD)  will grant you the Type 8 mod. 2 torpedoes for free, which will save you 9,500 XP.
  • On the Myoko (tier 7 IJN CA) you can research the Type 90 mod. 1 torpedoes for 11,000 XP, which is 5,400 XP cheaper than doing so on the Hatsuharu (tier 7 IJN DD) where it costs 16,400 XP.

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Difficulty Insane mode - If you're rushing down the carrier line, researching and buying the next carrier in line usually automatically researches all the planes from the previous carrier. If you're looking for a quick bunch of elite ships for whatever reason...

Super Tester
1,177 posts
4,099 battles

Difficulty Insane mode - If you're rushing down the carrier line, researching and buying the next carrier in line usually automatically researches all the planes from the previous carrier. If you're looking for a quick bunch of elite ships for whatever reason...

I'm not that far down the carrier lines, since I don't play them that often. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't that somewhat be like intentionally handicapping yourself, just for the purpose of not needing to research the better planes?

I mean, playing the entire XP requirement for the next carrier down the line, using the weaker planes, seems much harder than just grinding out the additional XP needed for the better planes. For starters, other carriers will have air superiority over you, and shoot you down with greater ease.

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

I'm not that far down the carrier lines, since I don't play them that often. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't that somewhat be like intentionally handicapping yourself, just for the purpose of not needing to research the better planes?

I mean, playing the entire XP requirement for the next carrier down the line, using the weaker planes, seems much harder than just grinding out the additional XP needed for the better planes. For starters, other carriers will have air superiority over you, and shoot you down with greater ease.

get the tier 6 and go back and play a fully elite bouge....

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Exactly why I prefaced it with "Difficulty Insane mode".

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

It could come in handy when the next Carrier line comes up, although there's some possibilities that the alternate Carrier line (only US and Jpn have alternate CV lines planned) gonna use different planes instead.

Noticed why current US CV line doesn't have F6F or P-51? maybe that's the hint.

Although for Bombers, it's likely that they gonna be shared, just the fighters that might be different.

[ARSUP]
Beta Tester
19 posts
2,192 battles

It could come in handy when the next Carrier line comes up, although there's some possibilities that the alternate Carrier line (only US and Jpn have alternate CV lines planned) gonna use different planes instead.

Noticed why current US CV line doesn't have F6F or P-51? maybe that's the hint.

Although for Bombers, it's likely that they gonna be shared, just the fighters that might be different.

the P51 wasnt used as a carrier fighter

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

the P51 wasnt used as a carrier fighter

In this game it was used as a Float Fighter, you can see it on higher tier Cruisers. I don't think a float variant of Mustang was made though,

But yes, it wasn't a Carrier fighter, but neither was the J7W that Taiho has or Hakuryu's J8N1, so we can't rule out the possibility.

F6F is definitely a future inclusion though.

Edited by Gezeiten_Heimatwelt