You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
byungnam

Supplytime-based aircraft rotation system

4 comments in this topic

48 posts
2,941 battles

Edit : The title seems to be not correctly describing my proposal. Rather, this is all about a new way of aircraft supply time mechanism.

--------

Currently, CV controls its squadrons with 'liveness-based' way. In other words, you can control only one squadron with a group at a time regardless of the remaining airplanes left in the CV. And the squadron can only be ready when they have returned or they just have removed from the air.

I feel weired that the other squadrons in CV cannot be ready while the prior squadrons are currently in action. Furthermore, not only for the weirdness, it affects to the different tactics between the IJN and USN or the anti-aircraft strategy.

Below describes how the current rotation system affects :

- Due to the long delay of returning flight time, especially when are in US CV which you have few number of groups to rotate and have more planes in a squadron, you have huge delay between attacks. While IJN CV can (but not preferred as a normal situation) throw them into enemy AA fire after using their payloads and get a fresh-new squadron ready right away.

- When I play with my fighters against enemy's air strike forces, I always try to leave at least one airplane per squadron so that they would not come right away while my fighters are returning to resupply.

So I suggest a 'Supplytime-based' rotation system. Features are shown below :

- The first aircraft supply time remains as same

- When a squadron gets in air, that group is enqueued in the supply right away

- The supply time should be much longer than the current value - say, 2 min for a full squadron?

- We have situations of

• Supply is ready/not ready
  • Prior squadron is in air,action/air,returning/not in air

- Basically, you get the same number of controllable squadrons at a time compared to that of the current system

- The differences are coming from below situations :

• Supply is ready/ Prior squadron is in air,returning
  • Supply is not ready/ Prior squadron is not in air

- In the first situation, you can get new squadron right away from CV (but I assume the prior squadron should be no longer controllable)

- In the second situation, you are not getting the previous short resupply time (e.g. 20-30sec) but only to wait the long supply time

This feature may intensify the strongness of CV, but I hope you can find some values to balance them.

Edited by byungnam

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

nope part of the play is to force a CV to return a sub-par squadron due losses to the battlefield - this gives their targets victims the opportunity to inflict a return on the untouchable opposition.

Beta Tester
823 posts
4,959 battles

I play CV.  If I could get ALL my birds in the air I become a glass cannon.  I could kill anything I wanted, I could also lose most of those planes in a single strike.  No fun for either team.  It's good as is.

48 posts
2,941 battles

nope part of the play is to force a CV to return a sub-par squadron due losses to the battlefield - this gives their targets victims the opportunity to inflict a return on the untouchable opposition.

Yes they ARE as in my proposed supplytime-based rotation way. The airplanes die in action and the difference is only comes from the way of SUPPLY TIME starts and ends. 

Actually, I don't get what you are saying. Did you thought I'm proposing an infinite number of planes in CV or invulnerable airplanes that cannot be killed?

I wonder you read my sentences carefully.

I play CV.  If I could get ALL my birds in the air I become a glass cannon.  I could kill anything I wanted, I could also lose most of those planes in a single strike.  No fun for either team.  It's good as is.

Did you read the main sentences carefully?(2) 

I said, "- Basically, you get the same number of controllable squadrons at a time compared to that of the current system" which means, you CANNOT get ALL your planes in air.

I am proposing a new way of SUPPLY TIME mechanism, not the controllable number of squadrons.

Edited by byungnam