Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
YT04

Different Servers and carrying over progress?

8 comments in this topic

[AGM84]
3 posts
1,876 battles

Hello All,

Please forgive my ineptness, however I'm not that computer literate. I originally signed up through the asia server but when I downloaded the game a few days ago I mistakenly did so through the EU server and now have an account there. I have since started to work my way through the ships and even spent some real $$ to by an Atlanta to play with the big boys. I only realised last night however that I was playing on EU and would obviously prefer to change to Asia server to avoid any lag as I'm located in Australia. I have been now reading the forums and it appears that I can download again through asia server but I will not keep my current progress already made unless I continue to use EU. Is there anyway around this as I don't want to start again from scratch and lose the $$ spent, but would prefer to have a better connection speed. Any guidance is really appreciated as I've been eagerly awaiting the game after years of WOT's.

Cheers Whitey

Alpha Tester
1,638 posts
7,230 battles

Hello All,

Please forgive my ineptness, however I'm not that computer literate. I originally signed up through the asia server but when I downloaded the game a few days ago I mistakenly did so through the EU server and now have an account there. I have since started to work my way through the ships and even spent some real $$ to by an Atlanta to play with the big boys. I only realised last night however that I was playing on EU and would obviously prefer to change to Asia server to avoid any lag as I'm located in Australia. I have been now reading the forums and it appears that I can download again through asia server but I will not keep my current progress already made unless I continue to use EU. Is there anyway around this as I don't want to start again from scratch and lose the $$ spent, but would prefer to have a better connection speed. Any guidance is really appreciated as I've been eagerly awaiting the game after years of WOT's.

Cheers Whitey

Some guidance; Don't mean to be rude but plz dont play your high tier ship till you have more than a few days experience. The big boys will tear you a new hole. And your team will suffer.

[AGM84]
3 posts
1,876 battles

Thanks for the guidance AntifowlAwl, but I've been playing games for some 30 years now and reckon I can hold my own and give back just as well, coming from 3 years solid of playing my favourite game being wot. My history in this game so far is roughly 80% of wins which I would like to think I assisted in. Still working my way through the tech list like normal and have an Erie, Chester, St Lois, Sampson and about to buy a South Carolina, so I'd say I've been busy.

Cheers

Beta Tester
106 posts
6,212 battles

Thanks for the guidance AntifowlAwl, but I've been playing games for some 30 years now and reckon I can hold my own and give back just as well, coming from 3 years solid of playing my favourite game being wot. My history in this game so far is roughly 80% of wins which I would like to think I assisted in. Still working my way through the tech list like normal and have an Erie, Chester, St Lois, Sampson and about to buy a South Carolina, so I'd say I've been busy.

Cheers

playing 'other' games has no bearing on WoWS. Like he says, please refrain from playing Atlanta until you have more experience in this game. that being said, good luck with your ticket mate.

Sign in to follow this