You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
kongman

players using illegal mods

40 comments in this topic

1 post
243 battles

i just had torpedoes come from under a island what is going on with this game. it is just come out and i am already sick of it especially if wargaming cant sort it out

Beta Tester
506 posts
1,386 battles

i just had torpedoes come from under a island what is going on with this game. it is just come out and i am already sick of it especially if wargaming cant sort it out

It's probably a bug, they are still removing bugs from the map. So patience is in order in the mean time.

[LBAS]
1,514 posts

All my DD has 'situation awareness' , so I'll know immediately if I got spot by either plane or ship, of cause I'm not fool enough to sit still in fog or open AA while in fog, once I set it, I ran away in opposite side as fast as I could.

if after all that, someone can still shoot me over and over even spotted indicator won't show up, it's cheat.

I'm sure I see some WOW cheat program out there where it help spot enemy ship.

[BLUMR]
4,163 posts
1,924 battles

All my DD has 'situation awareness' , so I'll know immediately if I got spot by either plane or ship, of cause I'm not fool enough to sit still in fog or open AA while in fog, once I set it, I ran away in opposite side as fast as I could.

if after all that, someone can still shoot me over and over even spotted indicator won't show up, it's cheat.

I'm sure I see some WOW cheat program out there where it help spot enemy ship.

If you're sitting in smoke and firing, people can not only shoot at the source of the tracers, but can also see the smoke being emitted from your ship (even if they can't see the ship itself). It's a distinct smoking animation. If you're moving out of the fog - you're going to be detected. Smoke is not a portable stealth field, it generates LOS blockages over time and if you move, you constantly move out of it while flickering in and out of detection, and it's not hard to shoot a destroyer like that.

[LBAS]
1,514 posts

If you're sitting in smoke and firing, people can not only shoot at the source of the tracers, but can also see the smoke being emitted from your ship (even if they can't see the ship itself). It's a distinct smoking animation. If you're moving out of the fog - you're going to be detected. Smoke is not a portable stealth field, it generates LOS blockages over time and if you move, you constantly move out of it while flickering in and out of detection, and it's not hard to shoot a destroyer like that.

normally, people won't go into DD smoke because torpedoes always come out of it, so when I leave the smoke in opposite direction, I'll be out of detection range by then.

well, except that there some CV have spare plane to keep it fly over my head, then.... I'm doom

Edited by PGM991

[REPOI]
Beta Tester
956 posts
19,694 battles

Maybe your sitting in smoke and a cruiser used their acustic search and light you up.

Slam

189 posts
7,899 battles

Could be a minimap mod, like xvm, puts spotting distances on the map! Never seen it, but would not surprise me.

That won't probably be banned, every players need to be aware of how far is their detection range especially the little DDs

Alpha Tester
6,605 posts
2,889 battles

Necroed thread

don't help make it alive again

OH WAIT!

216 posts
2,240 battles

when is WG going to start banning mods , like the mods tell you how how far to lead you target to get perfect hits and DD using mods to show spotting ranges , so they can hide from any target spamming torps 

Are you talking about this, (honestly, wasn't hard to find on google, just typed 'WoWs minimap concealment mod' and it popped up).

(Mod on Aslain, made by: kvalme)

66xFIBx.jpg

The solid white circle is the ships surface concealment range and the yellow circle is the air concealment range, and before the lot of you start screaming 'cheats' and what not, just remember that this mod has been given the green light (approved) by the Devs and can be found in Aslain's mod pack (and in my opinion Aslain is by far one of the best rule following mod pack makers out there). Just because someone else uses this mod and you don't doesn't make this a cheat, all that does is shows that these players that do use it are utilizing every advantage that is being allowed to them by the rule makes, and show how ignorant and closed minded players that claim this is a cheat and don't use it themselves are.

So pull your head out of your brown starfish and take advantage of the ALLOWED mods (that is available to anyone and everyone FOR FREE), and if you don't want to mod then that's fine as well, just don't go around claiming it's a cheat just because you don't use it.

Edited by Ryzil

[BRU]
2,725 posts

Oh man.... stop necro'ing very old thread. Check the forum date before posting.

And Ryzil, I know that already. My post is like 9 months ago. oTL

See this: http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/topic/13972-forum-etiquette-for-newcomers-or-how-not-to-get-banned-or-ridiculed/

359 posts
2,826 battles

stuff

Where does it say that those mods are allowed by wargaming? Not doubting you here but I want to be sure.

since we already necro this thing..

216 posts
2,240 battles

Oh man.... stop necro'ing very old thread. Check the forum date before posting.

And Ryzil, I know that already. My post is like 9 months ago. oTL

See this: http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/topic/13972-forum-etiquette-for-newcomers-or-how-not-to-get-banned-or-ridiculed/

Wow, really didn't notice the age of the thread and your post date (drinking and posting and came across this topic on the front page). Now reading the quote I used from you and I have no clue why I picked to use in that reply, my mistake.

Edited by Ryzil

[BRU]
2,725 posts

Wow, really didn't notice the age of the thread and your post date (drinking and posting and came across this topic on the front page). Now reading the quote I used from you and I have no clue why I picked to use in that reply, my mistake.

No problem.

Request thread lock, please.

• Cool 1

[TF-16]
38 posts
852 battles

normally, people won't go into DD smoke because torpedoes always come out of it, so when I leave the smoke in opposite direction, I'll be out of detection range by then.

well, except that there some CV have spare plane to keep it fly over my head, then.... I'm doom

I'll dare to go in and spot DD under smoke covers not before i pop my hydro on. " Ahhh, there you are DD. :teethhappy: