You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
soccy

Furutaka - what a ship

26 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
55 posts
2,724 battles

Reload that is more in common with a Battleship class.

a turret traverse that is similar to a battleship, and pew pew guns that barely hit anything at range...

torpedo range that is less than std japanese torpedos; and more incommon with american torpedos..

holy cow.. this thing needs a buff... 

Even the previous tier ship is better than this !

Alpha Tester
185 posts
2,273 battles

Furutaka - The best thing about it is having the free XP to skip it

But you need far to much XP for the value the ship offers. 1000XP is too much :P

Beta Tester
55 posts
2,724 battles

oh I forgot to mention that it does not have any accelleration at all...

goodness if I wanted a battleship... I would be using a kongo or something down that line...

this thing is like the M3 in WOT... 

Alpha Tester
76 posts

it's not that M3 level of bad it just need to adjustment on your playstyle the ship herself is powerful if you use her correctly her main weapon is not an HE but it's AP  Aim for the evemy Citadel and avoid being in CQB if you have problem from turning your turret Ctrl + X can help you  plus she's not offensive ship like other in same tier

Edited by reinforcezwei

Beta Tester
131 posts
2,030 battles

She's a tricky sip to play, but I agree the ship itself has more cons than pros.

Gun dispersion: Fire a full volley at a ship and watch only 2-3 rounds make contact at long range as you rounds spray an area instead. ( Only works well if enemy ships have grouped up close or rammed each other).

Gun turning, OMG its unbearable, A tier 4 battleship guns turn faster

Torps: The main bonus IJN CA's have over USN, and their horrible.

Armour: If your lucky a destroy's rounds wont pen your thickest citadel armour.

Speed: Average but takes an effort to reach max speed.

Rudder shift: is slightly better than USN equivalent but watch your speed disappear, which is more frustrating as it takes so long to get back up. 

Pros;

Twice now I have one shotted a DD with HE rounds, and blown off BB secondary.

However AP against all other ships is a must.

Edited by Tarrell

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Just need to get used to Freaking slow Turret Transverse (when previously you play with fast Aiming Turret)

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

compare to old myoko turret traverse this definatly better lol

But you already get used to furutaka when you get her

167 posts
776 battles

Reload that is more in common with a Battleship class.

a turret traverse that is similar to a battleship, and pew pew guns that barely hit anything at range...

torpedo range that is less than std japanese torpedos; and more incommon with american torpedos..

holy cow.. this thing needs a buff... 

Even the previous tier ship is better than this !

Embrace the furutaka, the good thing about this ship is the huge damage he can deal to other cruiser ship but of course if you miss the shot, you will have to endure the long reload. Most of the players will skip the furutaka and go to Aoba instead.

Regards,

L.S

Super Tester
2,314 posts
7,096 battles

The 8" guns is really a step up. I may find it horrible now since it's only a few games with her. Who knows, I may come to like her. Really... WoWs is turning into Pokemon game for me.

"Gotta get'em all!"

Alpha Tester
76 posts

The 8" guns is really a step up. I may find it horrible now since it's only a few games with her. Who knows, I may come to like her. Really... WoWs is turning into Pokemon game for me.

"Gotta get'em all!"

more like "Gotta Wreck'em all!!!"  lol
Edited by reinforcezwei

Super Tester
1,677 posts

well 18 seconds and an agonizing slow turret turn is what breaks her off as a rapid action heavy cruiser. her first heavy cruiser colleague which is two tiers higher than her the Pensacola is very responsive despite it being deemed as the so-called "crucible for your sins in the Cleveland" until you reach ascension which is Das Moans- I mean Des Moines.

one thing I am grateful to her though is her dakka packs a bit more.

RUdevs, her 1941 retrofit plis. she will be a gud krooza if she gets it.

Edited by EvyL

Beta Tester
506 posts
1,386 battles

I'm averaging more damage in my Furutaka than in my Omaha so it can't be all bad.

I average around 85k damage in my Omaha, and 50+k damage in my Murmansk. So you probably had been using Omaha wrong all this time.

Beta Tester
753 posts
657 battles

It's a brutally sudden change of gameplay. Honestly it'd be great if we had CA and CL lines instead of merged lines. Though you'd have to learn a CA like the Furutaka, at least with a split line you could just ignore the CA's and go for a CL.

Super Tester
293 posts
4,850 battles

The FTK is brutal if your'e used to the kuma but learning how to play with it generally prepares you for the rest of the IJN CA line (Especially the Myoko, with the same turret traverse speeds). Besides the FTKis not a bad ship by any standards, its actually pretty ok and can be good at some occasions .

Alpha Tester
76 posts

It's a brutally sudden change of gameplay. Honestly it'd be great if we had CA and CL lines instead of merged lines. Though you'd have to learn a CA like the Furutaka, at least with a split line you could just ignore the CA's and go for a CL.

well it's not that brutal infact it's the standard of how to play  IJN CA line  just don't zerg rush like other and you will be fine  

if  i call a sudden brutal change of gameplay it would be  the change from CA to BB plus changing from auto FCS to maunaul FCS in NF is much much more brutal than this  but when you get use to it , it's hell a lot of fun FRTK is the same 

29 posts
850 battles

Starting from T5 to T7 you only have 203mm guns with their drunk snail traverse rate and quite slow loading.

However, 203mm guns come with benefits as ur shells travel faster, more damage and have more power to penetrate.

203mm guns are formidable weapon for close to mid-range combat, but due to Furutaka RoF.... you should stay at mid range.

Once you reach T8, Mogami, 155mm guns will now make you feel weak when fighting at 10km+ if you prefer AP.

It's even harder to score citadel becuz lower caliber means guns need to fire in higher angle which leads to less power to penetrate.

God... I really miss the 203mm guns on Myoko.....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Furutaka's torps are.... mostly unreliable.... but hey, they travel fast though.

Armor - Better than DDs nuff' said. 

Steering gear modification 2 is highly recommended for maneuverability.

Rudder shift time is your best friend here. Every IJN CAs come up with high rudder shift time (11-12 secs) which got me killed by torps most of the time... even with torp belt.

Lower rudder shift time means less time to turn your ship so dodging torps or TBs will be much easier.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Extremely short version - Furutaka should stay at mid-range. If you aren't crazy enough already, don't try anything crazy, it won't work most of the time.

Steering gear modification 2 is the life saver. Main turrets modules is up to your playstyle.

Edited by Menrva_Scarlet

Alpha Tester
76 posts

Starting from T5 to T7 you only have 203mm guns with their drunk snail traverse rate and quite slow loading.

However, 203mm guns come with benefits as ur shells travel faster, more damage and have more power to penetrate.

203mm guns are formidable weapon for close to mid-range combat, but due to Furutaka RoF.... you should stay at mid range.

Once you reach T8, Mogami, 155mm guns will now make you feel weak when fighting at 10km+ if you prefer AP.

It's even harder to score citadel becuz lower caliber means guns need to fire in higher angle which leads to less power to penetrate.

God... I really miss the 203mm guns on Myoko.....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Furutaka's torps are.... mostly unreliable.... but hey, they travel fast though.

Armor - Better than DDs nuff' said. 

Steering gear modification 2 is highly recommended for maneuverability.

Rudder shift time is your best friend here. Every IJN CAs come up with high rudder shift time (11-12 secs) which got me killed by torps most of the time... even with torp belt.

Lower rudder shift time means less time to turn your ship so dodging torps or TBs will be much easier.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Extremely short version - Furutaka should stay at mid-range. If you aren't crazy enough already, don't try anything crazy, it won't work most of the time.

Steering gear modification 2 is the life saver. Main turrets modules is up to your playstyle.

well 155 on Mogami is use for BURNING PEOPLE ALIVE!!!!!  but yes it will lack of puch to fight with CA but it's really dominate when come to burning

well i don't use torp on IJN CA most of the time excpet when i find the lone BB with nothing to cover him  i'll just go to ramming speed at him  spam all gun from the front and when i'm in range i just turnning to opposite direction of the BBs then firing torp at his face  this why IJN CA torp really come in handy 

and if i remember current state of the game didn't registed Torpedo bulk head as additoinal armor yet  but it's just appear on visual