Sign in to follow this  
KiwifromtheTron

One week in

5 comments in this topic

36 posts
2,915 battles

I started playing WOWS 7 days ago, and last night got to tier V.  I thought I would list some observations I've had over the last week:

• I really like the co-op mode for newcomers.  In some ways it's harder than standard mode but you get a reasonable facsimile of what it will be like in lower tier pub battles and you get to figure out things and learn the different ships in a relatively stress free environment.
  • The game is severely under-documented (same for all WG titles), expecting the community to teach new players how to play feels a bit lazy to me, but whatever, the game is free after all.
  • Someone told me to learn cruisers before I bothered trying the other lines, and I concur.  Cruisers offer the biggest margin for error as they are maneuverable enough to avoid torps and have enough health to withstand a barrage.  I know all you newcomers are keen to play destroyers and carriers, but you can't learn much if you keep getting sunk in the first exchange of gun fire.
  • AA gunfire seems to be pretty weak, maybe its because I am playing tier III and IV ships against tier V aircraft?
  • I don't really like the default battle interface, it doesn't provide enough info. The alternate is better imo.
  • I had a few CTDs, but they are fairly rare.  Apart from the obvious bugs the game seems to work well.
  • From time to time I have had massive ping spikes when firing my guns at max zoom.
  • I've been getting into some 4 tier spread matches (as the bottom tier of course), this needs to be fixed because you are largely ineffective, especially if you are in a battleship.
  • Fix blue lining soon.  It's such a lame tactic its a shame players can get away with it.

496 posts
4,163 battles

Perhaps it's your computer that is making the ping spikes, 

i'm just having issue with longer loading

AA isn't effective around tier 3-4, only a few ships such like kongo(t5) , yubari(t4), have very good anti-air.

Most ship start to have better AA around tier 5-6. ( and it's a pain for CV players )

The matchmaking for now it's fine because of the low amount of players currently

36 posts
2,915 battles

The matchmaking for now it's fine because of the low amount of players currently

Seriously?  I came here from WoWP, I know what low numbers look like.  Having 16000 players in the queue is not low.  There is no need for such a wide tier spread.

Sign in to follow this